GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Fob

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-16, 12:58 PM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Fob

Ok. So I saw the Self/Dealer Only change sheet that you can fill out to have have taken care of (mainly alarms and light adjustments) at the dealership. The sheet also includes a few FOB functions for lock and unlock button patterns that affect the windows and sunroof.

I figured one of those would be the "lock-lock-long press lock" to start from FOB. Apparently not. There are separate forms for GS 350 and 450h. Does the 450h not have that FOB start like it purportedly should?

I have Enform but it seems a little ridiculous to be forced to use it within 100'.

Anyone clear that up?
Old 08-29-16, 01:34 PM
Jeevz
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MustangSal
Ok. So I saw the Self/Dealer Only change sheet that you can fill out to have have taken care of (mainly alarms and light adjustments) at the dealership. The sheet also includes a few FOB functions for lock and unlock button patterns that affect the windows and sunroof.

I figured one of those would be the "lock-lock-long press lock" to start from FOB. Apparently not. There are separate forms for GS 350 and 450h. Does the 450h not have that FOB start like it purportedly should?

I have Enform but it seems a little ridiculous to be forced to use it within 100'.

Anyone clear that up?
If you have Enform it should work within fob recognition distance, what ever that is for your car, and the long press is ~10 seconds. An option for farther away would be to use the app instead of the fob.
Old 08-29-16, 01:49 PM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jeevz
If you have Enform it should work within fob recognition distance, what ever that is for your car, and the long press is ~10 seconds. An option for farther away would be to use the app instead of the fob.
"FOB recognition distance"? Any references ?
Old 08-29-16, 10:41 PM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Nobody ever had their fob program changed ?
Old 08-29-16, 11:30 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Nobody ever had their fob program changed ?
You can have the dealer program your keyfob to open your windows and sunroof by holding unlock. That's about it for the fob. Unfortunately, in the US, they cannot program them to close using the fob.

The remote start using the fob only works with an active Enform Services subscription (free for 1 year), dealer doesn't program anything regarding the remote start feature. Also your car needs to be parked in an area where it can receive the satellite signal to start (I.e., outdoor parking lot).
Old 08-30-16, 03:37 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dchar
The remote start using the fob only works with an active Enform Services subscription (free for 1 year), dealer doesn't program anything regarding the remote start feature.
Can you elaborate on that? I have Enform (purchased used so I had to but the service myself) and the remote start works fine via my iPhone but haven't found any literature or anything in the manuals/system that explain the use of the FOB to start.
Old 08-30-16, 09:05 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Can you elaborate on that? I have Enform (purchased used so I had to but the service myself) and the remote start works fine via my iPhone but haven't found any literature or anything in the manuals/system that explain the use of the FOB to start.
To use the fob start, be within range of the car. Then press the lock button 3 times in this order: press/hold 1 second, release, press/hold 1 second, release, press/hold until the car starts (~3-5 seconds). You will see the hazard lights flash 3 times, which means the remote start process has started.
Old 08-30-16, 10:58 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

To use the fob start, be within range of the car. Then press the lock button 3 times in this order: press/hold 1 second, release, press/hold 1 second, release, press/hold until the car starts (~3-5 seconds). You will see the hazard lights flash 3 times, which means the remote start process has started.
Nope. That's a no-go (and thus my questioning). Is this a GS 350 thing and not a 450h?
Old 08-30-16, 05:14 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

Are you sure that you have the keyless remote starter on your Lexus vehicle? It's an optional feature - not standard on the GS350 or GS450h.

~ im2bz2p345
Old 08-30-16, 06:17 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
Are you sure that you have the keyless remote starter on your Lexus vehicle? It's an optional feature - not standard on the GS350 or GS450h.

~ im2bz2p345
His is a 15, so it's standard through Enform Remote, which he has. I know of no reason why it isn't working.
Old 08-30-16, 07:13 PM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

I received two of these FOBs.Fob-photo253.jpg
Old 09-01-16, 12:04 PM
Lakersfan
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i didnt know you could do this. i have a 15 fsport and active enform. but doesnt seem to work
Old 09-01-16, 12:56 PM
zerocypher
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remote start using the fob is a bit finicky. It worked when I press, pause, press, pause, press and hold. It wouldn't work when I did it quickly. If I was going to loiter a bit outside before getting into the car, I'd use the remote but if I knew I'd be out to the car in the next 10-15 min, I'd use the app. The app was slow though.
Old 09-01-16, 01:08 PM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zerocypher
Remote start using the fob is a bit finicky. It worked when I press, pause, press, pause, press and hold. It wouldn't work when I did it quickly. If I was going to loiter a bit outside before getting into the car, I'd use the remote but if I knew I'd be out to the car in the next 10-15 min, I'd use the app. The app was slow though.
The app is slow. The call and response verification can take a bit. Gotta be honest here, I haven't heard one person say that theirs works. Would love to see a video of a GS 350 and one from a GS 450h (2015) actually work.
Old 09-01-16, 01:14 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

The fob start on my GS350 works, but I have to be pretty close to the car so I find it fairly pointless. I use the app much more frequently. In either hot or cold weather I start it with the app before I leave my desk in the afternoon, and by the time I walk out there, it's either cooled off or warmed up as needed.

Quick Reply: Fob