GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Luxury & Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-16, 11:26 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Luxury & Sport

So I go back and forth, my Ideal car would have all the luxury options, bells, whistles, wood grain ect... on the interior, but the outside would be aggressive with all the Horsepower under the good. An LS interior or GS Luxury interior with the horsepower and exterior of the GSF. I know it is hard to have both sides of the coin. Anyone else feel like this?

When my GS-F sport lease is up, I go back and forth on an GSF or GS Luxury. Then I thought about getting the GSF and swapping out the interior to the Lux GS, I know its expensive but would satisfy me. I'm not a huge fan of all the carbon fiber and leather wheel.

Thats why I always loved the 2001 - 2005 GS430, for its time, 300hp was really fast and the interior was LS look and quality...

What do you guys think and feel.
Old 08-11-16, 01:39 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts

I feel and think you like to blow a lot of cash for no particular reason! Bic lighters work really well at destroying $100 dollar bills! Why can't people leave their cars alone? Toad from Gran Torino would not have gotten the car if he Zipperheaded it out. If I don't like several things about a car I don't buy it!
Old 08-11-16, 02:16 PM
mikedozz
Instructor

Originally Posted by charley95
I feel and think you like to blow a lot of cash for no particular reason! Bic lighters work really well at destroying $100 dollar bills! Why can't people leave their cars alone? Toad from Gran Torino would not have gotten the car if he Zipperheaded it out. If I don't like several things about a car I don't buy it!
Completely disagree with you my friend but do appreciate your opinion.
I think most people on these forums spend alot of cash on modifications on their cars to enjoy them how they like em. That's like buying a house and doing major upgrades or changes, same context on a much higher scale than a car. People do it all the time.
Old 08-11-16, 02:45 PM
DallasDave
Lead Lap

Received 119 Likes on 73 Posts

I don't think there is a horsepower difference between the GS350 Luxury vs F-Sport. They both have 306hp. I hope that's correct, as it's why I went the Luxury package route instead of the F-Sport!

The difference is in the brakes and suspension...that plus the styling.
Old 08-11-16, 03:09 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Dude, you're basically waiting for the LC500. It's missing two doors, but it checks the other boxes.
Old 08-11-16, 03:52 PM
CBRA928
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

if you are talking about the new models, just get a luxury edition and do a front grill swap to get the fsport aggressiveness. i have a 13 Lux and i love the interior, the only thing i wanna get done is a fsport front bumper and i will have the best of both worlds.
Old 08-11-16, 04:13 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRA928
if you are talking about the new models, just get a luxury edition and do a front grill swap to get the fsport aggressiveness. i have a 13 Lux and i love the interior, the only thing i wanna get done is a fsport front bumper and i will have the best of both worlds.
Thats what I was going to recommend. Im actually in the process of collecting all the parts needed to do the swap.
Old 08-11-16, 05:19 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRA928
Originally Posted by DallasDave
I don't think there is a horsepower difference between the GS350 Luxury vs F-Sport. They both have 306hp. I hope that's correct, as it's why I went the Luxury package route instead of the F-Sport!

The difference is in the brakes and suspension...that plus the styling.
I believe the OP is referring to the GSF not the GS F-sport. So he/she would be stuck with the sporty stuff like carbon fiber trim and sport seats and steering wheel in the GSF.

To the OP, unfortunately all carmakers think that customers who buy the performance models want sporty stuff, which is mostly true. So swapping certain stuff out of the interior would be really expensive and not worth it. If you think you need the extra power and lovely V8 exhaust, then go for the GSF and modify the interior a bit. It seems like you like mostly the aesthetic stuff for the GS luxury. For the carbon fiber trim pieces, maybe consider a dark wood vinyl wrap. For the steering wheel, I would probably keep it. A few other things to consider...it's too bad the seats in the GSF aren't as comfortable as the GS luxury; you lose several adjustments, and that would be a really expensive swap. The GSF also loses the Brake Hold feature of the new GS.

I second the suggestion of waiting for the LC500!
Old 08-11-16, 05:51 PM
mikedozz
Instructor

Originally Posted by dchar
I believe the OP is referring to the GSF not the GS F-sport. So he/she would be stuck with the sporty stuff like carbon fiber trim and sport seats and steering wheel in the GSF.

To the OP, unfortunately all carmakers think that customers who buy the performance models want sporty stuff, which is mostly true. So swapping certain stuff out of the interior would be really expensive and not worth it. If you think you need the extra power and lovely V8 exhaust, then go for the GSF and modify the interior a bit. It seems like you like mostly the aesthetic stuff for the GS luxury. For the carbon fiber trim pieces, maybe consider a dark wood vinyl wrap. For the steering wheel, I would probably keep it. A few other things to consider...it's too bad the seats in the GSF aren't as comfortable as the GS luxury; you lose several adjustments, and that would be a really expensive swap. The GSF also loses the Brake Hold feature of the new GS.

I second the suggestion of waiting for the LC500!
That's correct guys, was talking about GS-F, not the sport. As far as the interior swap, would probably only do the wood trim swap or wrap...like how the AMGs and Ms give you that option...the seats are cool. The horsepower is a must lol
Old 08-12-16, 08:59 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Check out he LC 500. Iv'e seen it in person and it looks pretty damn cool. The only thing that bothers me is the taillights. Other than that the interior is spot on with almost zero gaps.
Old 08-12-16, 09:12 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

Originally Posted by mjn88
Check out he LC 500. Iv'e seen it in person and it looks pretty damn cool. The only thing that bothers me is the taillights. Other than that the interior is spot on with almost zero gaps.
Will definitely check that car out, the machine is beautiful! Or I'll get the GSF and an older body LS430 or 07 LS460 for comfort and luxury
Old 08-12-16, 09:20 AM
er34
Instructor

Received 256 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by mikedozz
That's correct guys, was talking about GS-F, not the sport. As far as the interior swap, would probably only do the wood trim swap or wrap...like how the AMGs and Ms give you that option...the seats are cool. The horsepower is a must lol
If you were local, I'd gladly buy a Lux and trade with you for all your unwanted GSF parts... LOL

Plenty of people would kill to have the GSF interior.
Old 08-12-16, 09:23 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

Originally Posted by er34
If you were local, I'd gladly buy a Lux and trade with you for all your unwanted GSF parts... LOL

Plenty of people would kill to have the GSF interior.
Exactly!!! Swapping would save me alot of cash
Old 08-12-16, 10:09 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Lol, loved how my LC500 comment just got totally "sailed past".
Old 08-12-16, 10:38 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Lol, loved how my LC500 comment just got totally "sailed past".
Lol, no doubt the LC500 will be a sexy beast, but I'm usually a sedan guy.

Quick Reply: Luxury & Sport