GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New guy here

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-16, 09:30 PM
GSLexTexas
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New guy here

I'm a Nissan guy and looking to get into the Lexus community.

Currently, I have my eye set on a used 13 GS350. I have a question and lurked on here a bit so I don't look like a fool in my first post here, which I probably will still look like a fool but, is it true that wheel fitment is different for a regular GS350 as opposed to the GS350 Fsport??

The reason I ask is b/c I have a set of 20x9.5 +40 all around and would like to use it on the next car. Will this setup fit if I purchase a regular GS350 rwd? what about awd? does it matter? I also had that setup on my previous car with RS-R springs with no rub. I see that there are RS-R springs for the 4th gen as well. Will I rub with 245/35/20 on rs-r springs?

One more thing, is there a company out there that make duckbill spoilers for our cars?

Last edited by GSLexTexas; 07-16-16 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-18-16, 02:07 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

no rub with those tires im pretty sure...
Old 07-20-16, 12:14 PM
GSLexTexas
Rookie

Originally Posted by jmull3r
no rub with those tires im pretty sure...
Thank you! What if I was to drop the car on RS-R springs with those wheel setup? Anybody know?
Old 07-20-16, 09:40 PM
EnvyDiz
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

RSR makes 2 type of springs down springs and super down
Old 07-21-16, 07:59 PM
GSLexTexas
Rookie

Anybody here have photos of 20" with super downs? what about photos of 20s with down suspension?
Old 07-21-16, 09:11 PM
EnvyDiz
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

super down

Old 07-23-16, 09:25 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by GSLexTexas
I'm a Nissan guy and looking to get into the Lexus community.

Currently, I have my eye set on a used 13 GS350. I have a question and lurked on here a bit so I don't look like a fool in my first post here, which I probably will still look like a fool but, is it true that wheel fitment is different for a regular GS350 as opposed to the GS350 Fsport??

The reason I ask is b/c I have a set of 20x9.5 +40 all around and would like to use it on the next car. Will this setup fit if I purchase a regular GS350 rwd? what about awd? does it matter? I also had that setup on my previous car with RS-R springs with no rub. I see that there are RS-R springs for the 4th gen as well. Will I rub with 245/35/20 on rs-r springs?

One more thing, is there a company out there that make duckbill spoilers for our cars?
WELCOME to CLUB LEXUS

Those wheels might be a little too conservative for the rear. We normally suggest 10.5 +40 for the rear on the GS350. As of now, I know WALD makes the spoiler for the GS350, not an aggressive duckbill look but pretty close.
http://www.modinjapan.com/wald-gs350-tl-13.html

hope that helps and let me know if i can help you with anything

Thanks
Lou
Old 07-23-16, 09:14 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If you get the RWD I'd suggest staggered fitment, that's how the F Sports come in RWD trim. Believe it or not you can break the rear away pretty easily on this car and the more tire you put under the back, the better. As far as rim size itself goes, 19's clear the F Sport brakes so anything 19 or larger is ideal.

One thing I've found in 3 years of hanging out here (while remaining a mod on the q50 forums) is everyone seems pretty cool and the board pretty much self moderates. Not too many hot headed kids on here slinging dirt that I've noticed, so I'm sure you'll get along just fine.

Also, another plus. Sales and service people know about this board. Simply mentioning Club Lexus forums will get you a knowing look and a handshake, and also may motivate otherwise reluctant people at dealerships, if you catch my drift. There is some nerd power here.

About the "duckbill", are you talking for the trunklid or for the rear glass? I've seen one for the rear glass on someone's car here recently.
Old 07-24-16, 05:22 PM
GSLexTexas
Rookie

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
WELCOME to CLUB LEXUS

Those wheels might be a little too conservative for the rear. We normally suggest 10.5 +40 for the rear on the GS350. As of now, I know WALD makes the spoiler for the GS350, not an aggressive duckbill look but pretty close.
http://www.modinjapan.com/wald-gs350-tl-13.html

hope that helps and let me know if i can help you with anything

Thanks
Lou
That definitely helps!! I noticed that you sell the whole Wald kit made specifically for non Fsport. I will definitely hit you up on that, that is for sure! Thank you so much!!

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
If you get the RWD I'd suggest staggered fitment, that's how the F Sports come in RWD trim. Believe it or not you can break the rear away pretty easily on this car and the more tire you put under the back, the better. As far as rim size itself goes, 19's clear the F Sport brakes so anything 19 or larger is ideal.

One thing I've found in 3 years of hanging out here (while remaining a mod on the q50 forums) is everyone seems pretty cool and the board pretty much self moderates. Not too many hot headed kids on here slinging dirt that I've noticed, so I'm sure you'll get along just fine.

Also, another plus. Sales and service people know about this board. Simply mentioning Club Lexus forums will get you a knowing look and a handshake, and also may motivate otherwise reluctant people at dealerships, if you catch my drift. There is some nerd power here.

About the "duckbill", are you talking for the trunklid or for the rear glass? I've seen one for the rear glass on someone's car here recently.
Well, I have 20x9.5 +40 all around and hate to sell it b/c i love it so much. Would there be a problem if I just slapped it on in my non Fsport? Is it dangerous to drive on if my rears aren't as wide as 10.5 as suggested? The wheels I have are staggered - MRR HR3

I do like this forum and thats coming from a guy who came from a Nissan forum. Those members seem to be more on the younger side. I figured Lexus GS owners are generally more older and mature than Maxima owners. I love this site already!

Last edited by GSLexTexas; 07-24-16 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-24-16, 05:24 PM
GSLexTexas
Rookie

Originally Posted by EnvyDiz

super down
There is not much gap at all!! What is your tire size?? Any rubbing with people sitting in the back?