GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS 200t leasing quote

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-16, 10:54 AM
acarlos922
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS 200t leasing quote

Wanted to get some opinions on a lease quote I got yesterday on a 2016 GS 200t base model. Let me first start out by saying I currently drive a 14 IS250 Fsport no nav. My lease ends August 1st, so I've been shopping around a bit. My current payment is pretty low ($335) and was wanting to stay around that range. I use the car only to drive to and from work (15 min drive on streets), so don't need anything fast and no need for nav, family car has all that. I was looking at the infiniti Q50 premium with nav and also thinking of re-leasing a 16 IS 200t fsport no nav again. I finally ruled he Infiniti out, because I wasn't crazy about how it drove and the lease programs were ok. I stopped by my local Lexus dealer yesterday to check out the ES350, to see if maybe spending a little more a month to get a different car would work for me. I'm not crazy about the outside look of that car, as it looks to old man for me. The salesperson mentioned that they were having awesome lease specials on the GS200t and a $5000 rebate for them. They had 1 GS200t base model left in Atomic silver with black interior. I really like the car and feel as if it has a much sportier look then the ES. Since its the base model, I would be losing heated/cool seats and fsport rims. I drove it and loved the feel of it. I had her run the numbers for me and was surprised at what she came back with. Below is my quote. Please give me your thoughts as to if you think its a good deal or if i should push for more off the msrp? Btw, Im in So Cal

$46,895 msrp
56% residual
$40,551 initial cap cost
$5000 rebate
$334 DMV fees
Term 36 months
0.00110 MF
$700 Adds to cap
$37,073.36 adjusted cap cost
$370.01 base monthly
$29.60 tax (8%)
$399.61 total monthly

$117.75 Total Initial Fees
$364.00 Total upfront fees
$5000 amount due at start
8/9/16 next payment due
$5000 total working cash

So basically $399.61 a month including tax and $0 out of pocket
I never even thought of the GS200t because I always thought it was out of my price range. I also have a quote from another dealer for a 16 IS200t fsport, no nav at $366 including tax a month with $450 out of pocket. What do you guys think?
Old 07-11-16, 11:13 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

No brainer for me, I'd take the GS all day despite the wimpy 2t. What confuses me is that your line items look like a sign and drive, but you've got a $5k "amount due at start" then 5k total working cash which also matches the rebate. Is this just confusing to me or is the same 5k getting added and subtracted a few times? I know this is dealer incentive lease cash or whatever...

I never even thought of the GS200t because I always thought it was out of my price range.
You just nailed why the 200t was created, because the GS350 was too expensive for some buyers, and they wanted to create a budget option and expand the range. A 200t owner may move up to the 350 then the F going forward. With just the 350 in the GS lineup there was nowhere to go before and it dropped people into the more affordable ES most of the time.

So back to your lease quote, it all looks in line with what I'm aware of for lease deals right now. 5k lease cash, .0011MF, etc. The only thing that gets me is the initial price needs to be negotiated down more since the residual is so low; both of those factors are driving your monthly price up because the cap cost is so high. If that is literally the last GS200t in inventory for them, find out how long it has been there (delivery date vs. today). If it is dead weight on their inventory and has been on lot or in inventory for 5 or 6 months, go for the jugular because they will be willing to move it.

Only reason I'm not in love with this deal is because of the insanely cheap deals I see for CA leases on here all the time, so I think this could be cheaper. CA dealers, especially in SoCal, seem to deal in volume with low margins, so they MOVE CARS instead of chiseling owners for every last nickle on every sale.

Oh and read this thread real quick, you may have a change of heart. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-off-msrp.html

Last edited by Afrosheen; 07-11-16 at 11:20 AM. Reason: added thread link
Old 07-11-16, 12:24 PM
acarlos922
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
No brainer for me, I'd take the GS all day despite the wimpy 2t. What confuses me is that your line items look like a sign and drive, but you've got a $5k "amount due at start" then 5k total working cash which also matches the rebate. Is this just confusing to me or is the same 5k getting added and subtracted a few times? I know this is dealer incentive lease cash or whatever...

You just nailed why the 200t was created, because the GS350 was too expensive for some buyers, and they wanted to create a budget option and expand the range. A 200t owner may move up to the 350 then the F going forward. With just the 350 in the GS lineup there was nowhere to go before and it dropped people into the more affordable ES most of the time.

So back to your lease quote, it all looks in line with what I'm aware of for lease deals right now. 5k lease cash, .0011MF, etc. The only thing that gets me is the initial price needs to be negotiated down more since the residual is so low; both of those factors are driving your monthly price up because the cap cost is so high. If that is literally the last GS200t in inventory for them, find out how long it has been there (delivery date vs. today). If it is dead weight on their inventory and has been on lot or in inventory for 5 or 6 months, go for the jugular because they will be willing to move it.

Only reason I'm not in love with this deal is because of the insanely cheap deals I see for CA leases on here all the time, so I think this could be cheaper. CA dealers, especially in SoCal, seem to deal in volume with low margins, so they MOVE CARS instead of chiseling owners for every last nickle on every sale.

Oh and read this thread real quick, you may have a change of heart. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-off-msrp.html

I agree with you on all counts. Im very confused with the $5000 rebate. At first I thought they were giving me $1300 off MSRP and then the $5000 for rebate, totaling $6300. Once I got home and sat down and reviewed the quote, I became confused as to if they were giving me $6300 off MSRP and then using the $5000 as a down payment? Im still confused. I also agree that I can work on the selling price. Im shooting for a payment around $375. This was just my local Lexus dealer and not the one I bought my IS from, which is the number 1 lexus dealer in western region, so Im hoping for more of a deal from them. I also wasn't crazy about the color. We will see what my guy can do for me, once he gets back in tomorrow. I'm hoping to get a deal done this week, as I don't want to pay this months payment
Old 07-11-16, 01:01 PM
avmba
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by acarlos922
I agree with you on all counts. Im very confused with the $5000 rebate. At first I thought they were giving me $1300 off MSRP and then the $5000 for rebate, totaling $6300. Once I got home and sat down and reviewed the quote, I became confused as to if they were giving me $6300 off MSRP and then using the $5000 as a down payment? Im still confused. I also agree that I can work on the selling price. Im shooting for a payment around $375. This was just my local Lexus dealer and not the one I bought my IS from, which is the number 1 lexus dealer in western region, so Im hoping for more of a deal from them. I also wasn't crazy about the color. We will see what my guy can do for me, once he gets back in tomorrow. I'm hoping to get a deal done this week, as I don't want to pay this months payment
I'd suggest checking with a broker since you are in Cali. Mine saved me well over $2k earlier this year on a GS350 F-Sport versus my dealer quote and delivered the car to me. Dealer pays the broker's fee.

PM me if you want a referral.

-a
Old 07-11-16, 04:47 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd lease a CPO GS350 F-Sport.

If Cali tax on a lease is on the payment only (And here all this time I thought it was like TX/IL and on the whole cap cost) you should be able to get an F-Sport GS350 for less than that.
Old 07-11-16, 05:21 PM
acarlos922
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by avmba
I'd suggest checking with a broker since you are in Cali. Mine saved me well over $2k earlier this year on a GS350 F-Sport versus my dealer quote and delivered the car to me. Dealer pays the broker's fee.

PM me if you want a referral.

-a
I contacted a broker today and he said he couldn't get me a better deal
If the guy I usually work with can't get me a better deal, I will pm you tomorrow for your brokers info. Thanks for the tip
Old 07-11-16, 05:22 PM
acarlos922
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rld14

If Cali tax on a lease is on the payment only (And here all this time I thought it was like TX/IL and on the whole cap cost) you should be able to get an F-Sport GS350 for less than that.
Thanks, but I really like the refresh look of the16, and haven't seen any CPO 16 GS350 Fsport available
Old 07-11-16, 09:50 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

A CPO 16 would not lease well in all likelihood.
Old 07-14-16, 12:30 PM
NetEditor
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of lease should one expect on a CPO GS350 F Sport?
Old 07-14-16, 03:08 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NetEditor
What kind of lease should one expect on a CPO GS350 F Sport?
It depends GREATLY on the car. Just did a quote on a 2013 with 19K and change on it. All inclusive it was $500.17/mo with 1st payment only at signing. This included NJ taxes and MV fees, doc, etc...

That was an AWD without ML.
Old 07-14-16, 03:29 PM
acarlos922
Driver School Candidate

I ended up pulling the trigger on this deal yesterday. I ended up going to my guy (at Longo) that I have bought cars from in the past. The best he could do was match this deal, but with my correct tax. The original dealership/deal had done the payment with 8% tax, and mine is 9% tax. Which ended up meaning they had to take off another 2-300 to get it to $398.99 month including tax. I called around to 4 Lexus dealerships as well as 3 brokers. NO brokers could match this deal, 1 dealer was $10 higher, 1 didn't believe this deal was real and had me email him the proof, to which he never responded , 1 didn't even respond to me, and the last was the one I ended up going to. They all said they had never seen a GS lease for that low, especially with 0 out of pocket! I am extremely happy with the deal, as well as the car!!
Old 07-14-16, 03:48 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

See what happens when I skim posts... Here I thought it was $399 with $5K out of pocket.

$399 nothing out of pocket? I mean, no offense, I personally wouldn't want a GS200t but that's just freaking CHEAP.

There's plenty of people paying that kind of money for much, much lesser cars.
Old 07-14-16, 03:50 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

See what happens when I skim posts... Here I thought it was $399 with $5K out of pocket.

$399 nothing out of pocket? I mean, no offense, I personally wouldn't want a GS200t but that's just freaking CHEAP.

There's plenty of people paying that kind of money for much, much lesser cars.
Yeah but how base model is that car?

And likely is only 10k miles per year lease.
Old 07-15-16, 02:42 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,130 Likes on 838 Posts

Originally Posted by acarlos922
I ended up pulling the trigger on this deal yesterday. I ended up going to my guy (at Longo) that I have bought cars from in the past. The best he could do was match this deal, but with my correct tax. The original dealership/deal had done the payment with 8% tax, and mine is 9% tax. Which ended up meaning they had to take off another 2-300 to get it to $398.99 month including tax. I called around to 4 Lexus dealerships as well as 3 brokers. NO brokers could match this deal, 1 dealer was $10 higher, 1 didn't believe this deal was real and had me email him the proof, to which he never responded , 1 didn't even respond to me, and the last was the one I ended up going to. They all said they had never seen a GS lease for that low, especially with 0 out of pocket! I am extremely happy with the deal, as well as the car!!
Congrats on the ride! C'mon now, you gotta post some pics...did you end p with the atmoic silver?
Old 07-15-16, 03:53 PM
socalcpa
Driver School Candidate

Congrats, great deal. I leased the same car (base GS 200t) back in March for $1K drive off and $400 / mo (36/12 lease). The incentive was lower back then, should have waited until July.

I had a 2014 GS350 before this car. The 200t has noticeably less power and some turbo lag, but for me it's a minor annoyance. The rest of the car was fine. I cross shopped it against a base demo 528 that I could get for the same price. The 528 felt much more powerful and the exterior was better, but had a very plain and basic interior. I also like my current Lexus dealer and did not want pay the lease return fee on my old GS.

Quick Reply: GS 200t leasing quote