GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Hidden features

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-16, 06:26 AM
GsLex02
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Hidden features

Idk how many of you are returning GS owners but on my 2002 when I hold the unlock button on my keychain, all the windows go down and sunroof slides back. There were also a bunch of other hidden features of the car, was wondering if the 4th Gen had this. The auto windows with the keychain is sweet in the summertime when walking to your car so you don't melt inside lol
Old 06-19-16, 07:58 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah - that's one of the customization settings on the GS
Also, read the stickied thread - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...d-feature.html
Old 06-19-16, 12:39 PM
GsLex02
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jj14
yeah - that's one of the customization settings on the GS
Also, read the stickied thread - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...d-feature.html
Ok thank you
Old 06-21-16, 04:55 AM
Kane007
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love this feature but I dont like my sunroof opening because half the time I forget that its even open since it only partially opens. Is there a way to turn off just the sunroof from opening with the keyfob?
Old 06-21-16, 05:04 AM
Lucyfer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kane007
I love this feature but I dont like my sunroof opening because half the time I forget that its even open since it only partially opens. Is there a way to turn off just the sunroof from opening with the keyfob?
I believe if you're signed up for Lexus Enform, it notifies you.
Old 06-21-16, 10:16 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

I don't think there's a way to not open the sunroof when you're opening the windows by remote. However, the sunroof doesn't open until all the windows have opened. You can release the button once all your windows are open and not the sunroof.
Also, you can ask the dealer to set the sunroof to tilt and not slide.
Old 06-21-16, 10:29 AM
Kane007
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
I don't think there's a way to not open the sunroof when you're opening the windows by remote. However, the sunroof doesn't open until all the windows have opened. You can release the button once all your windows are open and not the sunroof.
Also, you can ask the dealer to set the sunroof to tilt and not slide.
My sunroof actually starts to open when the windows are about third of the way down
Old 06-21-16, 10:44 AM
Boomin
Racer

Received 398 Likes on 242 Posts

you can program your seat arrangement to specific key fob so if you share your ride, it helps. so when you unlock the door, its start going to the program
Old 06-21-16, 10:54 AM
NickL
Instructor

My sunroof actually starts to open when the windows are about third of the way down
I looked at the LPS and there's no way to disable to sunroof from opening when you open it with your remote key.
On a very hot day, I use this feature to only crack the windows so that when I get into the car, it doesn't feel like an oven. I never hold the button long enough so that the sunroof open. Even if it does, just close it.
Old 06-21-16, 11:57 AM
GsLex02
Lead Lap

I looked at the LPS and there's no way to disable to sunroof from opening when you open it with your remote key.
On a very hot day, I use this feature to only crack the windows so that when I get into the car, it doesn't feel like an oven. I never hold the button long enough so that the sunroof open. Even if it does, just close it.
Someone just helped me with this the other day. Check the link below and look at the bottom. You can have the dealership program your key to roll down your windows and either tilt or slide your sunroof so if you don't want it to slide you can make it tilt instead

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/GS_with_nav_LPS.pdf

Last edited by GsLex02; 06-21-16 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-21-16, 12:01 PM
NickL
Instructor

That's the LPS document I looked at. Item 26 is to enable the roll down your windows, item 28 is to have your sunroof tilt or slide. Doesn't mention anything about not activating the sunroof.
Old 06-22-16, 12:01 AM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomin
you can program your seat arrangement to specific key fob so if you share your ride, it helps. so when you unlock the door, its start going to the program
how?

another thing I've been wanting to do forever is make the cars headlights turn off when i open the cars door, is there anyway to program it that way? Instead of it staying on after i lock the doors
Old 06-22-16, 04:10 AM
Boomin
Racer

Received 398 Likes on 242 Posts

yes, been a while since ive done this but I think in menu under vehicle maybe in settings
Old 06-22-16, 07:41 AM
NickL
Instructor

Originally Posted by Infamous3
how?

another thing I've been wanting to do forever is make the cars headlights turn off when i open the cars door, is there anyway to program it that way? Instead of it staying on after i lock the doors
This can be done in the setting-->vehicle--->lights of the menu screen.
Old 06-22-16, 10:54 AM
GsLex02
Lead Lap

That's the LPS document I looked at. Item 26 is to enable the roll down your windows, item 28 is to have your sunroof tilt or slide. Doesn't mention anything about not activating the sunroof.
Right. But if you set it to tilt instead of slide what's the problem? You're opening you're windows anyway

Quick Reply: Hidden features