GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Replacing Footwell Accent Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-16, 09:02 AM
organa7
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Replacing Footwell Accent Lights

After reading the great DIY that metrathon posted (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...placement.html) I replaced my front foot well accent lights with blue LEDs. It is much bright and so much nicer.

I now really want to replace the rear foot well accent lights as well. It is so hard to see anything on the floor board of my black carpet with the OEM lights. The bright blue ones in the front make a huge difference and it is not an expensive upgrade.

I am having trouble getting access to the rear lights though. They are located in the back of the front seats. There is no slack on the bulb housing that would allow access to the wiring to swap them out like I did with the front.

Has anybody swapped these lights? Can anybody add a DIY or some photos on how to gain more access to these lights? Possibly some instructions on taking apart the back of the seat to get to them.

Would really appreciate any help that somebody can supply especially pictures.

Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
KennyJp (12-18-19)
Old 12-01-16, 06:05 AM
organa7
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since there have been no replies to this thought I would check again to see if anybody has replaced the rear footwell lights?
Old 12-01-16, 10:14 AM
Lakersfan
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havent, since it seems like it would be a real pain. You are able to take the covers off i think. But i only got as far as undoing the strap thats connected under the seat. Gave play to the bottom portion. It did not give any play the the section actually covering the light.

But again thats as far as i got