GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What are some interesting ways to add color to an Obsidian GS350?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-16, 08:04 AM
bemyfrient
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are some interesting ways to add color to an Obsidian GS350?

I have an Obsidian black 2013 GS350 base. The only mods I have added to it is a 10" in the trunk, some sound deadening, and hardwired a front and rear dash cam. I haven't done any visual mods yet because I have been undecided on what to do. After having the car for about a year, I now decided that I want to add some interesting color to it to make it stand out a bit more.

I have seen a lot of posts where a lot of people black out their emblems but I'm not going for an all black look. I have sort of a crazy idea to accent the car with the same color as the Flaxen interior. I'd like to take all of the chrome accenting (except for the window chrome) and get it either vinyl wrapped or painted the same color. The window chrome will be vinyl wrapped in black. I'm willing to order special paint or do whatever it takes to color match to the flaxen interior. If this is a possibility, I would then start researching custom wheels and get some custom black colored wheels accented with the same flaxen color. I'd really like to go all out to give my GS a uniform look all around. I'm a total noob though and have no experience with visual modding whatsoever and no friends with this kind of experience. Where do I even start with this project? Please help a newb out, thanks you guys!
Old 05-02-16, 08:21 AM
jcifuentes
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bemyfrient
I have an Obsidian black 2013 GS350 base. The only mods I have added to it is a 10" in the trunk, some sound deadening, and hardwired a front and rear dash cam. I haven't done any visual mods yet because I have been undecided on what to do. After having the car for about a year, I now decided that I want to add some interesting color to it to make it stand out a bit more.

I have seen a lot of posts where a lot of people black out their emblems but I'm not going for an all black look. I have sort of a crazy idea to accent the car with the same color as the Flaxen interior. I'd like to take all of the chrome accenting (except for the window chrome) and get it either vinyl wrapped or painted the same color. The window chrome will be vinyl wrapped in black. I'm willing to order special paint or do whatever it takes to color match to the flaxen interior. If this is a possibility, I would then start researching custom wheels and get some custom black colored wheels accented with the same flaxen color. I'd really like to go all out to give my GS a uniform look all around. I'm a total noob though and have no experience with visual modding whatsoever and no friends with this kind of experience. Where do I even start with this project? Please help a newb out, thanks you guys!
Quite honestly, the way your thinking of changing your car is heading the right direction. I have seen a lot of post when people drop their ride, add rims and it stands out A LOT!!!!! To add a little more attention to the car, you can add the rear lip for the trunk and the lip for the front bumper.

I havent done any visuals as well but I am on the fence if I should buy rims and a drop kit or should I change the exhaust for the Joe Z full exhaust kit????
Old 05-02-16, 08:57 AM
bemyfrient
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcifuentes
Quite honestly, the way your thinking of changing your car is heading the right direction. I have seen a lot of post when people drop their ride, add rims and it stands out A LOT!!!!! To add a little more attention to the car, you can add the rear lip for the trunk and the lip for the front bumper.

I havent done any visuals as well but I am on the fence if I should buy rims and a drop kit or should I change the exhaust for the Joe Z full exhaust kit????
I'm def on the fence about a lot of things. But I'm glad I finally ready to start making a real plan. I talked to the guy who did my sound system about visual mods. He recommended changing the wheels and leaving the rest alone since the car is so classy time to find another custom shop!

My BF is a backyard mechanic and he really wants to do some type of exhaust job and air intake job on my car. I haven't let him do anything yet because I feel he has a tendency to be a little sloppy with his work. Until I feel he will treat my car with the utmost respect nothing is being changed on it by him Sometimes I don't think he realizes that his F250 and my GS350 are in different classes of classiness lol
Old 05-02-16, 10:32 AM
jcifuentes
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bemyfrient
I'm def on the fence about a lot of things. But I'm glad I finally ready to start making a real plan. I talked to the guy who did my sound system about visual mods. He recommended changing the wheels and leaving the rest alone since the car is so classy time to find another custom shop!

My BF is a backyard mechanic and he really wants to do some type of exhaust job and air intake job on my car. I haven't let him do anything yet because I feel he has a tendency to be a little sloppy with his work. Until I feel he will treat my car with the utmost respect nothing is being changed on it by him Sometimes I don't think he realizes that his F250 and my GS350 are in different classes of classiness lol
LOL. I dont blame you at all. I have done some work on the engine but its replacing the air filter, air intake and added the strut bar. All simple and all of the mods I have done by reading and following the instructions on previous post.

Couldnt help to notice your in FL? What part? I live in West Palm but take the trip to Fort Lauderdale on the weekends.
Old 05-02-16, 12:22 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,130 Likes on 838 Posts

A few quick things come to mind to add some subtle color to the exterior:

1) Paint your Brake Calipers
2) Red-Out your tail lenses
3) Add Lamin-X fog-lens covers (e.g. yellow)
Old 05-03-16, 08:29 AM
ricam78
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AJLex19
A few quick things come to mind to add some subtle color to the exterior:

1) Paint your Brake Calipers
3) Add Lamin-X fog-lens covers (e.g. yellow)
I did these on my OB on Flaxen. Let me know if you would like any pics.

3) Add Lamin-X fog-lens covers (e.g. yellow)[/QUOTE]