ScoobyLai
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rld14
Well well well....

08/18/2015 08/24/2015 27,735 KENDALL LEXUS OF EUGENE-(63602) 6012939 $0.00
Condition 1 Pay Type: CUSTOMER PAY
Op Code Desc: BUNDLED MAINTENANCE MENUS SSC No. ----
BUNDLED MAINTENANCE MENUS ~|~PLEASE PERFORM 25,000 MILE SERVICE ~|~ ~|~TECH PERFORMED 25,000 MILE SERVICE AS PER LEXUS MAINTENANCE STANDARDS Agreement ----
Condition 2 Pay Type: CUSTOMER PAY
Op Code Desc: CUSTOMER STATES THE CHECK HEADLIGHT LEVELING SYSTEM LIGHT IS COMING ON PLEASE CH SSC No. ----
CUSTOMER STATES THE CHECK HEADLIGHT LEVELING SYSTEM LIGHT IS COMING ON PLEASE CH ~|~CUSTOMER STATES THE CHECK HEADLIGHT LEVELING SYSTEM LIGHT IS COMING ON PLEASE CHECK AND REPORT ~|~ ~|~1258 CONFIRMED SYSTEM INOP. FOUND VEHICLE WAS IN ACCIDENT AND HOOD ETC. REPLACED. NO OK TO FURTHER DIAG AT THIS TIME... .5 HRS

02/15/2016 02/22/2016 30,211 KENDALL TOYOTA OF BEND-(36096) 6044432 $0.00
Condition 1 Pay Type: INTERNAL (DEALER) PAY
Op Code Desc: HEADLAMP OUT OF ADJUSTMENT SSC No. ----
HEADLAMP OUT OF ADJUSTMENT ~|~C/S THAT THE AUTO LEVELING HEADLIGHT MALFUNCTION MESSAGE IS DISPLAYED. PLEASE CHECK AND ADVISE ~|~SCAN CODES B2424 , B2425 HEADLAMP MALFUNCTION ~|~HEAD LAMP ASSY INOP , RECOMMEND TO TAKE TO LEXUS DEALER FOR WARRANTABLE REPAIR Agreement ----

02/22/2016 02/23/2016 30,572 LEXUS OF TACOMA AT FIFE-(64630) 0320920 $0.00
Op Code Desc: FULL ALIGNMENT SSC No. ----
FULL ALIGNMENT ~|~PLEASE DO COMPLETE ALIGNMENT ON VEHICLE ADJUST AND CORRECT STEERING, CENTER STEERING WHEEL -STEERING WHEEL OFF SET TO THE LEFT ~|~. ~|~COMPLETED FULL ALIGNMENT ON VEHICLE, SET TO VEHICLE SPEC. TEST DROVE, AND CENTERED STEERING WHEEL. Agreement ----
Op Code Desc: LEFT FRONT MAT SSC No. ----
LEFT FRONT MAT ~|~CUSTOMER HAS BEEN ADVISED REGARDING FACTORY-APPROVED INSTALLATION OF DRIVER FLOORMAT: ONLY FACTORY FLOORMATS WITH RETENTION ****-STYLE OR HOOKS MAY BE USED. USING A NON-OEM FLOORMAT OR DOUBLE-STACKING FLOORMATS COULD CREATE AN UNSAFE CONDITION WITH POTENT ~|~ ~|~GUEST INFORMED OF FACTORY RECOMMENDATIONS. Agreement ----
Condition 3 Pay Type: CUSTOMER PAY
Op Code Desc: TIRE MEASUREMENT SSC No. ----
TIRE MEASUREMENT ~|~PROVIDE TIRE TREAD DEPTH MEASUREMENTS: ~|~ ~|~LEFT FRONT- RIGHT FRONT- LEFT REAR- RIGHT REAR- Agreement ----
Condition 4 Pay Type: INTERNAL (DEALER) PAY
Op Code Desc: DISTRIBUTOR/HDLIGHT/T. SGNL SSC No. ----
DISTRIBUTOR/HDLIGHT/T. SGNL ~|~CUSTOMER REPORTS THE CHECK HEADLIGHT LEVELING SYSTEM MSG IS COMING ON DISPLAY SCREEN ~|~DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE B2424 INDICATING LEVEL CONTROL MOTOR NOT OPERATING ON LEFT HEADLIGHT. CHECKED SYSTEM FUSES, POWER AND GROUNDS - ALL CHECKED GOOD. ~|~WILL REQUIRE REPLACEMENT OF LEFT SIDE HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY TO REPAIR. FRONT END HAS BEEN DAMAGED AND REPAIRED. NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY (ALSO DOCUMENTED AT 27,735 MILES BY ANOTHER LEXUS DEALERSHIP) ESTIMATE PARTS AND LABOR $ 2735.55 -CUSTOMER DECLINED REP

02/29/2016 03/18/2016 30,596 KENDALL LEXUS OF EUGENE-(63602) 6017007 $0.00
Op Code Desc: ELECTRICAL INTERIOR SSC No. ----
ELECTRICAL INTERIOR ~|~C/S THAT THE AUTO LEVELING CHECK SYSTEM LIGHT IS ON - PLEASE DIAGNOSE SYSTEM. ~|~VEHICLE WAS SOLD BY KENDALL IMPORTS - CUSTOMER BROUGHT VEHICLE BACK BECAUSE THE AUTO LEVELING WARNING LIGHT IS ON. WENT THROUGH DIAGNOSTIC AND FOUND THE FRONT OF THE VEHICLE HAD BEEN REPAIRED BY A BODY SHOP. WE REMOVED THE FRONT BUMPER COVER FOR INSPECTIO ~|~REPLACEMENT - AT THIS TIME THE CLIENT IS GOING TO HOLD OFF ON REPAIRS. REPAIRS WOULD START AT $3800 Agreement ----
Op Code Desc: 08L-ELEINT SSC No. ----
08L-ELEINT ~|~ ~|~NO CAUSE SPECIFIED IN RO Agreement ----
wow! Thank you so much! well hopefully someone in the Seattle area see's this message and doesn't buy that car
Old 04-29-16, 01:17 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Unfortunately, this is what you [far too often] find with many independent and auction vehicle sales. Your cousin should count himself lucky he didn't buy this car.

And, it goes without saying that the advice and information from 'rld14' is tremendously helpful... Thank you!
Old 04-29-16, 02:54 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You know... to play Devil's advocate here...

Clearly this car is a pig. On the other hand, it's priced at pig money. It's a 30K Mile 2013 F-Sport for $29,000.

Meanwhile, this morning, I bought a 27K mile 2013 F-Sport and I paid just over $30K for it. Granted it's a better color combo and it's really nice, but obviously as a dealer I am going to sell it for a profit and I've been pretty transparent on here about what we spend on a CPO car.

So yeah, it's a pig.. but I have a nice one and I want $35K for it. IMO, is there a difference? Yes. But, to some people, buying the car for cheap is OK to them,. The big difference is knowing up front that the car has a checkered past and buying it accordingly.
Old 04-30-16, 07:18 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Wow! Thanks rld14. That info was extremely helpful. I'm glad OP never bought that car.
Old 04-30-16, 06:26 PM
grayson73
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Clearly this car is a pig. On the other hand, it's priced at pig money. It's a 30K Mile 2013 F-Sport for $29,000.

Meanwhile, this morning, I bought a 27K mile 2013 F-Sport and I paid just over $30K for it. Granted it's a better color combo and it's really nice, but obviously as a dealer I am going to sell it for a profit and I've been pretty transparent on here about what we spend on a CPO car.

So yeah, it's a pig.. but I have a nice one and I want $35K for it. IMO, is there a difference? Yes. But, to some people, buying the car for cheap is OK to them,. The big difference is knowing up front that the car has a checkered past and buying it accordingly.
Can you explain what makes it a pig? Do you think it won't last as long or will have more repairs in the future, or is the cost difference solely due to the previous accident?

What are the $3800 repairs that it needs?
Old 05-01-16, 05:22 PM
Ronin7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased a 2013 GS 350 F-Sport with 35K. Dealer asked 36,000. I got around 4 grand off because:
1. I came in with a courteous, professional, and respectful manner.
2. I did my research.
3. I came in ready to buy.

Check carfax. On the report, it tells you if you have remaining factory warranty or not. Also, CPO may not be a bad way to go. What reputation does your dealership have? Mine had a great reputation. I think I paid more, but I got more.
Old 05-01-16, 09:08 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by grayson73
Can you explain what makes it a pig? Do you think it won't last as long or will have more repairs in the future, or is the cost difference solely due to the previous accident?

What are the $3800 repairs that it needs?
Maybe I'm being harsh, but... From the service history it's got expensive problems that were apparently caused by collision damage. Since the car still has issues and after the last dealer removed the bumper and then stated an even higher estimate it appears that not only was the car wrecked but it wasn't fixed properly.

What else wasn't fixed properly? Is there electrical harness damage? Was there improperly repaired structural damage? Maybe you can buy this car for $29K, get a used headlamp for $800 and be ahead of the game, maybe not.

I personally would not make that gamble with $29,000. As far as what the $3800 estimate entails, I have no idea... the dealer didn't elaborate and I copied and pasted all that I read.

Personally, and this is me personally, not speaking as a dealer, I have no issue with a car with damage history as long as it was nothing more than cosmetic in nature and was fixed to a high standard. Accident on Carfax because a bumper skin was damaged and a new front fender was bolted on? If it's priced accordingly who cares?

If the car had a frame rail or apron or pillar worked on? No way. I am not convinced that a car which has sustained structural damage can ever be returned to EXACT factory condition and I'm not convinced that the car will perform EXACTLY as intended/designed in a subsequent collision.

I simply will not take that chance.
Old 05-02-16, 07:29 AM
grayson73
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree completely. Thanks for your insight once again!
Old 05-02-16, 01:54 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

The front fender appears to be a slightly different color than the doors and the rest of the car. Glad the OP didn't buy it!
Old 05-02-16, 02:09 PM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

What Lexus dealer are you at? I just saw a 13 F Sport with Cabernet interior sell at Tri County for 26k and it had 61k on the clock , and certified... You paid 30k for a 13 with a little less than half the mileage, that just seems like an awful lot to pay for a 2013 as a Dealer...
Old 05-02-16, 03:23 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by acnup00tl
What Lexus dealer are you at? I just saw a 13 F Sport with Cabernet interior sell at Tri County for 26k and it had 61k on the clock , and certified... You paid 30k for a 13 with a little less than half the mileage, that just seems like an awful lot to pay for a 2013 as a Dealer...
I would gamble that it didn't sell for $26K... I..well... I'd suggest reading some of their reviews and the fine print in their ads.

As far as the car I bought goes... that's what nice ones bring wholesale AND it's got a Cabernet interior. Non-Fs bring in the 26s-27s with those miles and Lux pack cars in the 28s to 29.
Old 05-02-16, 03:33 PM
acnup00tl
Advanced

I would gamble that it didn't sell for $26K... I..well... I'd suggest reading some of their reviews and the fine print in their ads.

As far as the car I bought goes... that's what nice ones bring wholesale AND it's got a Cabernet interior. Non-Fs bring in the 26s-27s with those miles and Lux pack cars in the 28s to 29.

I did read there fine print ,and the price is only good if you finance thru them, which isn't a terrible thing, but I could definitely do better thru my credit union, but I'm just shocked the dealers are paying that much for them.. Non F's are all over Autotrader ,and Cars for 26k and thats The advertised price so I figure 1500 max off that with decent negotiating skills.. I may have to hold out a little longer before I buy my GS F.. I can't see paying 30 for a GS F that's 4 years old , but then again I'm a cheapskate ..

Last edited by acnup00tl; 05-02-16 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-02-16, 04:24 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

I did read there fine print ,and the price is only good if you finance thru them, which isn't a terrible thing, but I could definitely do better thru my credit union, but I'm just shocked the dealers are paying that much for them.. Non F's are all over Autotrader ,and Cars for 26k and thats The advertised price so I figure 1500 max off that with decent negotiating skills.. I may have hold out a little longer before I buy my GS F.. I can't see paying 30 for a GS F that's 4 years old , but then again I'm a cheapskate ..
Here's their disclaimer:

"Price stated for used cars, does not include Pre-delivery service inspection fee, and Excludes Licensing, Documentation, Taxes and Registration fees. Must finance through Dealer to get Advertised Price or it will increase by $700."

The Pre-Delivery service inspection fee is usually thousands. Again, read their reviews... their #1 salesman now works for me and is much happier now.

As far as pricing, if pricing is your only concern there are cars out there that can be had for $30K retail; that's where places like off lease only come into play but to think that you're getting the same quality as an L/Cert for that price is a mistake.

Previous accident damaged GS350 F-Sport, 25K miles.. That sells at auction for $26-26500. Dealer throws it online for $29,995 basically as purchased.

Immaculate GS350 F-Sport with 25K, it sells for $30K or so one way or another. Lexus dealer spends $1500 in the shop on it and then $1,400 on CPO and sells it for $35-36K. Some people want the CPO car and want that level of security but they're obviously paying a premium and that's fine. However, I believe that a CPO car should be in premium condition as well.

Last edited by rld14; 05-02-16 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-02-16, 04:28 PM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Here's their disclaimer:

"Price stated for used cars, does not include Pre-delivery service inspection fee, and Excludes Licensing, Documentation, Taxes and Registration fees. Must finance through Dealer to get Advertised Price or it will increase by $700."

The Pre-Delivery service inspection fee is usually thousands. Again, read their reviews... their #1 salesman now works for me and is much happier now.

I'm not familiar with pre delivery fees, never heard of it before, it must be a bologna fee invented by tri county..
Old 05-02-16, 04:38 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

I'm not familiar with pre delivery fees, never heard of it before, it must be a bologna fee invented by tri county..
It's kind of an issue in this market. We specifically state that our prices are the same cash or finance, we charge a $495 doc fee (standard in our market), tax and actual motor vehicle charges. We disclose this in every online ad, as I like to say I like surprises on my birthday...during Hanukkah...not when selling cars.

Another competitor or two of mine prices their cars "after $2,995 cash or trade down" in the fine print.

I don't believe in doing business this way but it works for them.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a 2013 GS350 F Sport