GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F-Sport brake question

Old 04-13-16, 08:18 PM
nobodycare
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default F-Sport brake question

I bought a used 2014 F-sport and I took it to the dealer since the brakes are making the screech noise on low speed cold stops. The dealership stated that the brakes and rotors are all aftermarket and won't touch them.

My question (from searching and reading) is, does anyone make aftermarket rotors for the F-Sport RWD?
Old 04-13-16, 08:22 PM
nobodycare
Driver

To clarify, the rotors looks like the two piece OEM rotor that i see online (edmunds article).
Old 04-13-16, 08:35 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodycare
My question (from searching and reading) is, does anyone make aftermarket rotors for the F-Sport RWD?

There is no A/M front rotors available for the F sport
Old 04-13-16, 09:32 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I bought a used 2014 F-sport and I took it to the dealer since the brakes are making the screech noise on low speed cold stops. The dealership stated that the brakes and rotors are all aftermarket and won't touch them.

WOW, dealer told you that, that is one stupid dealer, tell them to take it of and compare the OEM stamping on the rotor to the ones they have on the shelf, and have them order aftermarket ones if they find one, and I will guarantee you they will never find it, No manufacture makes it, because its a 2 pc rotor and cost too much to make it.Tell that smart service guy if it matches to your OEM parts on the shelf you gonna do the brake job under warranty for free or else corporate will hear about it and also there was a TSB on it. Don't let them get away with that call corporate.
Old 04-13-16, 09:32 PM
nobodycare
Driver

Thanks! I'll be calling the dealership up in the morning. The car only has 16k on it. Should be all OEM still.
Old 04-13-16, 09:38 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks! I'll be calling the dealership up in the morning. The car only has 16k on it. Should be all OEM still.
yes and look on the forum search for the TSB, and what dealer did you take it too.
Old 04-13-16, 09:42 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

here you go, copy and paste it and read about it.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-brakes-2.html
Old 04-14-16, 07:07 AM
nobodycare
Driver

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
yes and look on the forum search for the TSB, and what dealer did you take it too.
I saw the TSB for the 2013 and I mentioned that to the dealer still got the blank stare.

I took it to Lexus of Sacramento (CA).

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
WOW, dealer told you that, that is one stupid dealer, tell them to take it of and compare the OEM stamping on the rotor to the ones they have on the shelf, and have them order aftermarket ones if they find one, and I will guarantee you they will never find it, No manufacture makes it, because its a 2 pc rotor and cost too much to make it.Tell that smart service guy if it matches to your OEM parts on the shelf you gonna do the brake job under warranty for free or else corporate will hear about it and also there was a TSB on it. Don't let them get away with that call corporate.
If I can't get anywhere today with this dealership I will follow your advice and start talking to corporate.
Old 04-14-16, 08:28 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Any other dealerships in your area you can take it to?
Old 04-14-16, 08:45 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Some dealers only want to sell u the car, they don't want to deal with repairs ever, especially warranty stuff unless u show them a truck full of money.

U have to find a dealer with a good after sales support. I'm lucky to have a dealer nearby (Lexus of Woodland Hills) that has a good after sales service and don't mind checking/fixing stuff that's under warranty for free while giving me a loaner anytime.

I've had my share of bad lucks with Toyota dealers not wanting to fix my Camry even when it was still under the new vehicle warranty. U have to go to a different dealer until u find one that is genuinely customer friendly, don't keep coming back to the same dealer that refused u the first time. Move on and destroy their rep in the reviews, that will get corporate's attention.

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 04-14-16 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-14-16, 09:01 AM
nobodycare
Driver

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Some dealers only want to sell u the car, they don't want to deal with repairs ever, especially warranty stuff unless u show them a truck full of money.

U have to find a dealer with a good after sales support. I'm lucky to have a dealer nearby (Lexus of Woodland Hills) that has a good after sales service and don't mind checking/fixing stuff that's under warranty for free while giving me a loaner anytime.

I've had my share of bad lucks with Toyota dealers not wanting to fix my Camry even when it was still under the new vehicle warranty. U have to go to a different dealer until u find one that is genuinely customer friendly, don't keep coming back to the same dealer that refused u the first time. Move on and destroy their rep in the reviews, that will get corporate's attention.
Next closest is Lexus of Concord. If all else fails I will take it to them.
Old 04-14-16, 01:12 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

I would take it to another dealer and go from there and make sure you have the TSB with you.
Old 04-18-16, 03:31 PM
nobodycare
Driver

So the dealer has admitted that they were wrong about their being aftermarket rotors on the vehicle. So they are going to turn the rotors with the on-the-car rake lethe and put new pads and shims in. Hope this helps. Thanks for everyone's feedback on this. I almost spent the 500 for the rotors just to do it my self.
Old 04-18-16, 03:53 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

good man happy to hear that, anytime u have any issue just post , will help you out, all the guys here on the forum are very helpful.