GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2016 GSF rear bumper conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-16, 01:54 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Quite a few parts to change. All in all your looking about $2,500. or so to convert. That's including the mufflers
Old 05-03-16, 03:14 PM
sonyfan
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
It can be done I have a friend in Florida did it on a 16 GS F-Sport, it fit all nicely just the right side muffler was touching the spare tire, so he had to bang it little bit and all good, looks very nice.
I want those taillight 😔
Old 05-03-16, 06:46 PM
2jS160
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm sure most of us are curious to this retrofit process so I'd like clarification on a few things.

Is the rear valance direct bolt to an existent 13-16 rear bumper?

I'm assuming it's a RWD and how did he modify the GS F exhaust to the OEM pipes?

Profile shots? How'd he bolt on the GS F skirt if he didn't purchase the fenders?

Break down in cost for individual pieces?

Last edited by 2jS160; 05-03-16 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-03-16, 06:49 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

bigame is correct $2500 for all the parts , I dont have a breakdown for the parts , let me see if I can put one together for u guys.
Old 05-03-16, 07:19 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jS160
I'm sure most of us are curious to this retrofit process so I'd like clarification on a few things.

Is the rear valance direct bolt to an existent 13-16 rear bumper?

I'm assuming it's a RWD and how did he modify the GS F exhaust to the OEM pipes?

Profile shots? How'd he bolt on the GS F skirt if he didn't purchase the fenders?

Break down in cost for individual pieces?

The GSF rear diffuser will not bolt up to the 13-16 GS350..

You will need a few parts: Bumper, Diffuser, side spoilers, tow covers, outside plastic center bar, mufflers x 2, 4 baffles, reflectors + a few odds and ends
Old 05-03-16, 08:27 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Biggame for clarifying it.
Old 05-03-16, 10:35 PM
Nixus
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
Thanks Biggame for clarifying it.
Did he swap out the inner bumper bar and foam or just the bumper cover?
Also did he use the under floor cover from the GS-F?
Old 05-04-16, 09:04 AM
2jS160
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by biggame
The GSF rear diffuser will not bolt up to the 13-16 GS350...
Have you or anyone you know had the opportunity to attempt to dry fit the GS F rear valance to an existing 13-16 bumper (minus the existing rear valance)? I'm just asking the questions than many of us (including myself) would like definitively answered in hopes that it may work with minor modification to our existing bumper cover. Hopefully mrpartsman or his friend can chime in. A detailed right up with comparison pics would be ideal from someone who has successfully completed this retrofit so we know what to expect.

I've had the opportunity to intimately compare the GS F side by side for the past 3 weeks to my 13 GS350 & the rear bumper lines looks identical to me. The only obvious difference is where GS F's upper rear valance extends and sits between the lower reflectors. I'd assume that 3M tape would be used to adhere it to the existing bumper cover just like the Tom's rear diffuser onto the IS F. I'm not stating that I'm an expert on this matter but would just like to open a constructive conversation.
Old 05-04-16, 12:13 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

To fit 13-15 GS I am not sure and has not been attempted yet, my friend did it on the 16 as you see, I have not compared the 15 GS to the 16 GS bumpers , I know its different because of the taillights, but I would like to see how big a difference there is.
Old 05-06-16, 09:07 AM
Lucyfer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking of rear bumpers, is it my dealership or do all rear bumpers have a "L Lexus" decal in the middle near the trunk opening?
Old 05-06-16, 09:34 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisLe22
Speaking of rear bumpers, is it my dealership or do all rear bumpers have a "L Lexus" decal in the middle near the trunk opening?
The rear bumper appliqué is a very common option, which is added to most GS 350s. It is part of the Accessory Package that includes the Trunk Mat, Trunk Net, Wheel Locks and the Rear Bumper Appliqué.
Old 05-06-16, 09:37 AM
Lucyfer
Rookie

Originally Posted by bclexus
The rear bumper appliqué is a very common option, which is added to most GS 350s. It is part of the Accessory Package that includes the Trunk Mat, Trunk Net, Wheel Locks and the Rear Bumper Appliqué.
Okay great, I can stop trying to scratch it off now.
Old 05-06-16, 09:42 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Okay great, I can stop trying to scratch it off now.
No, you don't want to do that! Not only does the rear bumper appliqué look nice, but it serves a good purpose - to keep the rear bumper from becoming scratched by carelessly scraping the bumper when putting stuff into or removing stuff from the trunk.
Old 05-06-16, 09:50 AM
Lucyfer
Rookie

No, you don't want to do that! Not only does the rear bumper appliqué look nice, but it serves a good purpose - to keep the rear bumper from becoming scratched by carelessly scraping the bumper when putting stuff into or removing stuff from the trunk.
Yeah it's a good thing I didn't really dig into it!
Old 05-06-16, 04:22 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

My car didn't come with one so I purchased one and have yet to install it before I scratch my bumper. I wish mine came with it as it would save me the trouble of trying to install it.

Quick Reply: 2016 GSF rear bumper conversion