GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F-Sport fog light retrofit started...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-16, 11:45 AM
mrkwinning
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mx5mike
I installed my LED Fogs last night. Had to extend the IJDM wiring harness to the drivers side fog light and I also didn't run my signal wire to the Parking lights. I ran the signal Wire to the Guage Fuse in the drivers side engine fuse panel with a add a circuit. this is a 5 amp factory fuse that is only powered on when the car ignition is on so I can use the fogs independent of the headlights. running the wire through the firewall was easy enough with a metal coat hanger and electrical tape. I am extremely happy with the light output and beam pattern. nice and crisp. and I didn't have any issue the the washer bottle in my 15 other than its a tight fit between the back of the fog light housing and washer bottle. There are no gaps around the lights and the garnish trim and everything fits and works like a charm. I mounted the fog light switch to the left of the steering wheel below the odometer gauge illumination controls with the supplied double sticky back tape.
What did you mean by "fuse panel with a dd a circuit"?
Old 09-27-16, 04:54 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 89 Posts

I want to add fogs with yellow film to my F Sport. Where can I get the shrouds for the fog lights? I got the Valeo part numbers for the fogs.
Old 09-27-16, 05:25 PM
ricam78
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Check with Nigel-jdmparts info@nigel-jdmparts.com

If no luck let me know as i have the part numbers.
Old 09-28-16, 06:31 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Originally Posted by ricam78

Thanks!
​​​​​​​I just send them an email. Hopefully they will reply.
Old 09-29-16, 08:08 AM
LatinLS430
Instructor

They replied and here's the link for all the options they have.

http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/index....product_id=161
Old 09-29-16, 08:48 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

thank you

Originally Posted by LatinGSF
They replied and here's the link for all the options they have.

http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/index....product_id=161
Feel free to email us if you need anything, we have these fog light set in stock and ready to ship.
Old 10-04-16, 04:11 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Do you think I can do what you did with your wire with these fogs:

Where did you get the coaxial cable?

Last edited by LatinLS430; 10-04-16 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-22-17, 10:55 AM
elidari
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys does anybody know how to turn on the running light without starting the engine and put it in drive thanks
Old 03-22-17, 10:59 AM
ricam78
Pole Position

Originally Posted by elidari
Hi guys does anybody know how to turn on the running light without starting the engine and put it in drive thanks
You mean the LED strips in the headlights?

You can put the key into ACC mode....then if you want them brighter turn the light stalk to the first position
The following users liked this post:
elidari (03-22-17)
Old 02-11-19, 06:19 AM
ricam78
Pole Position

A little update. The standard bulbs ended up putting dark spots on my Lamin X over time. After going through 2 sets (warrantied via Lamin X) I switched to these bulbs and have been very happy. They generate basically no heat

Amazon Amazon

Old 03-24-19, 09:28 AM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Anyone know if there are better quality LED lamp housings over OEM? trying to figure out if I want OEM or just a cheap ebay one if OEM isn't that great this is for a 2018
Old 01-22-20, 08:51 PM
Neophyte2b
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

OK, all done. I didn't want to tap or destroy any factory wiring in case, so here is what I did for my trigger wire to work with parking lights. It is actually a strand of wire from a coaxial cable that I clipped and soldered to the multistrand trigger wire then heatshrinked. I also pushed the wire into the weatherproof boot a tad more but forgot a pic so it's actually fully inside the boot now. ( Pics are backwards sorry )

What's that white rectangular box with the wires called, and where does it originate from? How would I access that?

On another note, what would I do differently if I would like the fog lights to turn on with the headlights instead of the DRL? Thanks.
Old 01-22-20, 08:55 PM
Neophyte2b
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mx5mike
I installed my LED Fogs last night. Had to extend the IJDM wiring harness to the drivers side fog light and I also didn't run my signal wire to the Parking lights. I ran the signal Wire to the Guage Fuse in the drivers side engine fuse panel with a add a circuit. this is a 5 amp factory fuse that is only powered on when the car ignition is on so I can use the fogs independent of the headlights. running the wire through the firewall was easy enough with a metal coat hanger and electrical tape. I am extremely happy with the light output and beam pattern. nice and crisp. and I didn't have any issue the the washer bottle in my 15 other than its a tight fit between the back of the fog light housing and washer bottle. There are no gaps around the lights and the garnish trim and everything fits and works like a charm. I mounted the fog light switch to the left of the steering wheel below the odometer gauge illumination controls with the supplied double sticky back tape.
Would you be to take a picture of where the Gauge Fuse is and also what you did exactly with the wires? I'm new at this, so the more pictures, the better. Thanks.
Old 01-24-20, 05:41 PM
nitrotang
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm assuming that plugging in the wires into that 24-pin connector is just for the relay portion of your fogs correct? You still had to hook the fog lights to the battery directly for power?
Old 01-28-20, 01:18 PM
Neophyte2b
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nitrotang
I'm assuming that plugging in the wires into that 24-pin connector is just for the relay portion of your fogs correct? You still had to hook the fog lights to the battery directly for power?
Where did you get the yellow fogs for your '06? Did you install Lamin-X over the Morimotos?

Quick Reply: F-Sport fog light retrofit started...