retiring my acura tl, time for a GS 350

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-16, 11:19 AM
mikepgs350
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default retiring my acura tl, time for a GS 350

Hello new forum peeps,

I'm currently looking for a 2013 GS 350. Not a silver one with the technology package.. not trying to get the exact same car as my dad..

Since I have a few months to search I'm looking for exactly what I want.
EXT: Black or white. INT: Black or cabernet red.

Do only the F-sport models have the cabernet interior? The F-sport model is the preferred choice as the exterior looks a little sleeker and those rims are sweet.

Also have any 2013 GS f-sport models come with the mark levinson system?

Although my acura's have never given me any problems. Even buying them with high km and driving them over 300,000kms.. it's time for a Lex!

I live in Burlington, Ontario and do most my driving in Hamilton. How are these AWD models in the snow?

Thanks!
Old 03-14-16, 11:36 AM
mrkwinning
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just sold my 2010 TL Tech Package it's night and day diff. You will love the ride and comfort of the GS.

To answer your question, only the F -Sports comes with the option of the Cab interior. The ML is an available option on the F-Sport but I recommend to find one with it since the sound is amazing!
Old 03-14-16, 01:46 PM
Davenlei
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mikepgs350
Hello new forum peeps,

I'm currently looking for a 2013 GS 350. Not a silver one with the technology package.. not trying to get the exact same car as my dad..

Since I have a few months to search I'm looking for exactly what I want.
EXT: Black or white. INT: Black or cabernet red.

Do only the F-sport models have the cabernet interior? The F-sport model is the preferred choice as the exterior looks a little sleeker and those rims are sweet.

Also have any 2013 GS f-sport models come with the mark levinson system?

Although my acura's have never given me any problems. Even buying them with high km and driving them over 300,000kms.. it's time for a Lex!

I live in Burlington, Ontario and do most my driving in Hamilton. How are these AWD models in the snow?

Thanks!

Since you live in Canada, I am not sure how the options work up there. Also, I don't know how common some options are there as well.

The Cabernet red interior is for the F-Sport only in those years. In SoCal, the Mark Levinson system seems to be a very common option included in many Lexus vehicles.

I went from a 2006 TL to a 2013 F Sport (ML sound and Cab interior) and it is a very different car. Both have their qualities I like but the GS does feel like an upgrade in every way.
Old 03-14-16, 02:02 PM
mikepgs350
Driver

I haven't seen any F-sport models here listed with the ML sound system.
I had a feeling the cabernet interior was only available on the f sport..
I also read these cars have a timing chain that's good to hear!
Old 03-14-16, 02:06 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Lots of guys on AZINE leave the TL for a GS
Old 03-14-16, 02:13 PM
mikepgs350
Driver

Yep it's time us acura drivers step it up! Being an Ac driver there's really no other choice than Lexus. I've never sat in the driver seat of a BMW or Benz just because of hearing about them always breaking down. I have one friend with a CLS and everytime I talk to him he's either at the dealership or just taking his car in...

Any tips for tire brands & sizes and winter tire packages? I am not much for performance.. more so for preservation of the vehicle and myself.. easy on the brake.. easy on the gas and would like to get to my destination alive.
Old 03-14-16, 02:47 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Acura's quality has gone down some. Our MDX Tech Package wasn't exactly built that well, especially for a large $50k crossover. And I've seen Honda Accords better appointed than our TSX. The brand seems redundant and underwhelming.
Old 03-14-16, 02:53 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Make sure you are okay with the driving position in the AWD GS350. They have a bump out in the floor pan and transmission tunnel that is exactly at the natural resting place where the ball of my right foot would sit to work the accelerator. The RWD GS350 doesn't have this, the floor pan is flat and the trans tunnel doesn't bulge out, its perfectly natural and comfortable. The AWD cars, I kind of have to **** my foot sideways to reach the gas pedal, drove me nuts when I test drove one and would've been a deal breaker IMO.
Old 03-14-16, 08:22 PM
mikepgs350
Driver

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Make sure you are okay with the driving position in the AWD GS350. They have a bump out in the floor pan and transmission tunnel that is exactly at the natural resting place where the ball of my right foot would sit to work the accelerator. The RWD GS350 doesn't have this, the floor pan is flat and the trans tunnel doesn't bulge out, its perfectly natural and comfortable. The AWD cars, I kind of have to **** my foot sideways to reach the gas pedal, drove me nuts when I test drove one and would've been a deal breaker IMO.
Thanks for this info. Never would I have caught this. These cars certainly don't sell fast in my area. Most have been listed for over a month, some almost two months. I can't even remember seeing a GS f sport on the road ever. Hopefully I'll find exactly what I want soon
Old 03-14-16, 08:32 PM
Jaysoo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the boards, I'm also in Canada, Richmond hill. I know up to 2014, the f sports do not come with ML system. I believe in 2015+ they do if I'm correct. There were limited options for the fsports. The standard sound system is pretty good imo already.
Old 03-15-16, 05:39 AM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I am looking for a 13 Gs aswell after coming from a 09 TSX...I never should of gotten rid of the LS460 I had, but the miles were getting close to 100k , and I wanted to dump her before she became a money pit..
Old 03-15-16, 07:14 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

I use to live in Upper Michigan in the sates and we regularly get 15+ inches of snow in the winter. I have no problems driving my RWD BMW V8 up there when snow was under 4 inches. Winter tires will do wonders to any car even if its RWD. When snow gets about 6+ inches I just take out the 4X4 truck i had with winter tires. I also was bothered with the AWD transmission Hump too and was a deal breaker when I bought my GS. I now own a 2014 GS 350 RWD Luxury package and still have zero problems in the snow with winter tires of course.
Old 03-15-16, 08:05 AM
mikepgs350
Driver

Originally Posted by Jaysoo
Welcome to the boards, I'm also in Canada, Richmond hill. I know up to 2014, the f sports do not come with ML system. I believe in 2015+ they do if I'm correct. There were limited options for the fsports. The standard sound system is pretty good imo already.
I think you are right.. Do you see many GS models on the road in Richmond hill?
Old 03-15-16, 08:06 AM
mikepgs350
Driver

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
I use to live in Upper Michigan in the sates and we regularly get 15+ inches of snow in the winter. I have no problems driving my RWD BMW V8 up there when snow was under 4 inches. Winter tires will do wonders to any car even if its RWD. When snow gets about 6+ inches I just take out the 4X4 truck i had with winter tires. I also was bothered with the AWD transmission Hump too and was a deal breaker when I bought my GS. I now own a 2014 GS 350 RWD Luxury package and still have zero problems in the snow with winter tires of course.

thanks for the info. Although I will be getting an AWD I was just wondering if I could go without winter tires and just run all seasons all year. This is partly do to living in a condo and my storage locker is full as it is!
Old 03-15-16, 08:59 AM
BlueAc215
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Lots of guys on AZINE leave the TL for a GS
I did...
I had 3 TL's previously and thought I'd be an Acura man for life. However, they lost me with the TLX. And unless they go back to their sporty roots, I'm gone for good.

Quick Reply: retiring my acura tl, time for a GS 350