GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Turned to Sport S and won't turn back...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-16, 09:32 PM
y2tony3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turned to Sport S and won't turn back...

Is there a issue with riding on sport s 24/7?? I can't seem to enjoy my car now without having that on... I'm sure I probably waste more gas that way and maybe im ruining something but is it ok to always have that switch on? Occasionally when I'm running low on gas I keep it on ECO but SPORT S 100%... Thoughts?

Last edited by y2tony3; 03-13-16 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-13-16, 09:47 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

I only drive in Sport S+ mode...even when running low on fuel haha. I hate driving in Eco because it turns down a/c and laggy throttle response. No harm to constantly drive in Sport mode.
Old 03-13-16, 10:47 PM
y2tony3
Driver

Originally Posted by dchar
I only drive in Sport S+ mode...even when running low on fuel haha. I hate driving in Eco because it turns down a/c and laggy throttle response. No harm to constantly drive in Sport mode.
Awesome! Good to know. 😂😂 yea car is not responsive in Eco... I'll leave that mode to the hybrids
Old 03-14-16, 05:45 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i'm always on Sport or Sport +, i dislike the fact i have to do it every time when car started!
Old 03-14-16, 09:58 AM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathanz
i'm always on Sport or Sport +, i dislike the fact i have to do it every time when car started!
same here... after couple weeks I switch automatically w/out even thinking or remember when I did it
Old 03-14-16, 05:54 PM
yround
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I generally go back and forth between normal and sport mode. I like the feel of the car so much better in sport mode though.
Old 03-14-16, 06:47 PM
Bj(CA)
Driver

I only use normal mode in the rain and I don't drive in the rain (⌐■_■)
Old 03-14-16, 10:42 PM
y2tony3
Driver

Originally Posted by jonathanz
When I bought the car, the Lexus Tech guy said that there is an option in the menu where you can leave the car in sport mode and you don't have to keep making the change... Haven't tried it yet... I'm just lazy to go through the menu. I find it easier to click the dial 1 time to the right
Old 03-15-16, 12:14 AM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by y2tony3
When I bought the car, the Lexus Tech guy said that there is an option in the menu where you can leave the car in sport mode and you don't have to keep making the change... Haven't tried it yet... I'm just lazy to go through the menu. I find it easier to click the dial 1 time to the right
There is no such option in the menu to leave the car in sport mode. Thats BS tech is wrong.
Old 03-15-16, 07:42 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
There is no such option in the menu to leave the car in sport mode. Thats BS tech is wrong.
Tony - The [so-called] 'Lexus Tech guy' lied to you! He knew full-well there was no option to do that. No more so than if he had said there was an option to flip a switch and the engine becomes a twin-turbo V8...
Old 03-15-16, 03:40 PM
2Squared
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

When I was buying my car an older woman wanted to know if they could lock her car in ECO mode and she was told "Sorry maam there's no option to do such. Sounds like the "Tech" was talking out of his rear..
Old 03-15-16, 07:42 PM
y2tony3
Driver

Originally Posted by 2Squared
When I was buying my car an older woman wanted to know if they could lock her car in ECO mode and she was told "Sorry maam there's no option to do such. Sounds like the "Tech" was talking out of his rear..
Well he didn't say that there was a specific sport s mode in the menu but there some type of mode where where you go on the menu then vehicle then something with the drive... Can't really remember but I ask "does that make it drive like if I had it in sports mode?" And he said "yes"... I'll try and go on menu later and find it
Old 03-15-16, 09:03 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Well he didn't say that there was a specific sport s mode in the menu but there some type of mode where where you go on the menu then vehicle then something with the drive... Can't really remember but I ask "does that make it drive like if I had it in sports mode?" And he said "yes"... I'll try and go on menu later and find it
Well the 2016 has a Customize mode....so maybe they were referring to that being set on the screen. Idk if it allows the customized setting to be default when starting though...
Old 03-15-16, 09:09 PM
y2tony3
Driver

Originally Posted by dchar
Well the 2016 has a Customize mode....so maybe they were referring to that being set on the screen. Idk if it allows the customized setting to be default when starting though...
Ya I have 2016
Old 03-15-16, 09:18 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Sport mode paired with an Apexi throttle controller is so fun!! Even more sensitive throttle.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: Turned to Sport S and won't turn back...