GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Is this a good deal on a new 2015 GS 350 FSport?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-16, 08:09 PM
sdjdguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal on a new 2015 GS 350 FSport?

I've been lurking here on this forum for weeks now debating what to buy and when. I was originally looking at the 2016s, but the changes made to them vs. the 2015s are not that dramatic (well, except for the front grille!), and I would be totally satisfied with a 2015 at the right price. So, I've just about decided to pull the trigger on a leftover new Liquid Platinum/Cabernet 2015 GS 350 F-Sport, with MSRP of $57,700.

Surprisingly, there are still quite a few of these on dealer lots in Southern California. I live in San Diego and have (not surprisingly) had trouble getting a local dealer to play ball, but as usual the LA-area dealers are very competitive on price. The best quote I've received (without any negotiation, mind you) was $44,438 (plus tax, title, and license). That's approx. 23% off of MSRP. All of this is being done via email with a minimum of phone calls and no in-person visits thus far.

From what I can tell based on prices posted by others, this is pretty good but not necessarily out-of-this-world incredible considering that we're talking about a year-old model and the 2016s have been on the dealer lots for months now. Do you think there's room to get them down further on the price? Or should I just take this and go with it? Anything else I should be taking into account here? Any tips or advice would be most appreciated. I plan to finance through my local credit union (unless forced to do so through Lexus Financial to receive rebates, etc.).

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-24-16, 08:44 PM
namzug
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sdjdguy
I've been lurking here on this forum for weeks now debating what to buy and when. I was originally looking at the 2016s, but the changes made to them vs. the 2015s are not that dramatic (well, except for the front grille!), and I would be totally satisfied with a 2015 at the right price. So, I've just about decided to pull the trigger on a leftover new Liquid Platinum/Cabernet 2015 GS 350 F-Sport, with MSRP of $57,700.

Surprisingly, there are still quite a few of these on dealer lots in Southern California. I live in San Diego and have (not surprisingly) had trouble getting a local dealer to play ball, but as usual the LA-area dealers are very competitive on price. The best quote I've received (without any negotiation, mind you) was $44,438 (plus tax, title, and license). That's approx. 23% off of MSRP. All of this is being done via email with a minimum of phone calls and no in-person visits thus far.

From what I can tell based on prices posted by others, this is pretty good but not necessarily out-of-this-world incredible considering that we're talking about a year-old model and the 2016s have been on the dealer lots for months now. Do you think there's room to get them down further on the price? Or should I just take this and go with it? Anything else I should be taking into account here? Any tips or advice would be most appreciated. I plan to finance through my local credit union (unless forced to do so through Lexus Financial to receive rebates, etc.).

Thanks in advance!
I live in SD and after working with four brokers in LA to get price down lowest I took wore to Lexus of Escondido and the marched. My 2015 Fsport (Built in Aug15) went for $45.8. MSRP was $57.8. So your deal is very good. It took me 2 weeks to get deal down that much. Plus I got free trunk mat, all weather Mats, mug and Lexus monogrammed throw blanket. Escondido threw in Lexus club card with bunch of free stuff and discounted services (28 free car washes a year). You should get first Payment free as well as the next two services. If you want to confirm you got best deal I can provide three of LA's best broker phone numbers so you can see if they can beat your deal. If can't, you got best price. That is what I did. Plus the brokers provides free delivery and one gives you free tint. If you chose a broker make sure you ask about discounted service packages and extended warranties.
Old 02-24-16, 08:58 PM
namzug
Driver

Originally Posted by namzug
I live in SD and after working with four brokers in LA to get price down lowest I took wore to Lexus of Escondido and the marched. My 2015 Fsport (Built in Aug15) went for $45.8. MSRP was $57.8. So your deal is very good. It took me 2 weeks to get deal down that much. Plus I got free trunk mat, all weather Mats, mug and Lexus monogrammed throw blanket. Escondido threw in Lexus club card with bunch of free stuff and discounted services (28 free car washes a year). You should get first Payment free as well as the next two services. If you want to confirm you got best deal I can provide three of LA's best broker phone numbers so you can see if they can beat your deal. If can't, you got best price. That is what I did. Plus the brokers provides free delivery and one gives you free tint. If you chose a broker make sure you ask about discounted service packages and extended warranties.
BTW I got the most expensive FSport on the lot. If there was another more expensive and decent color I would have got it. Lexus of Carlsebad nor San Diegodid not have/ had the color nor packages I wanted. Cosmic silver, merlot interior, ML, premium, park assist, blind spot and everything an Fsport RWD provides.
Old 02-24-16, 09:05 PM
sdjdguy
Driver School Candidate

BTW I got the most expensive FSport on the lot. If there was another more expensive and decent color I would have got it. Lexus of Carlsebad nor San Diegodid not have/ had the color nor packages I wanted. Cosmic silver, merlot interior, ML, premium, park assist, blind spot and everything an Fsport RWD provides.
Thanks very much. Yours sounds like exactly what I'm looking at in terms of options and maybe even the identical color combination (I might take white too if the price is right). I appreciate your offer of the contact info for the LA brokers you mentioned. I also have been in contact with Lexus of El Cajon but their price quote was about $2,200 higher on the comparable model than the best I've received and they're not all that responsive. I'd still rather buy from them though due to the convenience of avoiding the long drive to LA, plus to have it serviced locally at the same dealer where I bought it. Not holding my breath that they'll get serious though (SD dealers in my 15 years of experience with them have more of a take-it-or-leave-it attitude on price).
Old 02-24-16, 09:38 PM
Khiladi
Driver

Sounds to me like the same sort of discount they were giving in December when we pulled the trigger. You may be able to squeeze another $1k out of them or so. Good luck!
Old 02-24-16, 10:23 PM
DVADER
Driver

Remember your out the door price is only part of the equation in figuring out true cost. If you're using dealership financing then they may pad the interest rate a point or two higher than you qualify for, fees at loan maturity, upfront acq fees, etc, so they can make back some of that 23% discount they gave you. Be careful.
Old 02-25-16, 07:09 AM
namzug
Driver

Originally Posted by sdjdguy
Thanks very much. Yours sounds like exactly what I'm looking at in terms of options and maybe even the identical color combination (I might take white too if the price is right). I appreciate your offer of the contact info for the LA brokers you mentioned. I also have been in contact with Lexus of El Cajon but their price quote was about $2,200 higher on the comparable model than the best I've received and they're not all that responsive. I'd still rather buy from them though due to the convenience of avoiding the long drive to LA, plus to have it serviced locally at the same dealer where I bought it. Not holding my breath that they'll get serious though (SD dealers in my 15 years of experience with them have more of a take-it-or-leave-it attitude on price).
No drive to LA. Once you purchase or lease a GS you can take it to any dealership close to your house. My buddy has an older Lexus and goes to his favorite Toyota dealership for his service. They charge him Toyota prices not Lexus. To that end, I plan to go to El Cajon for my services (free too) since closer to my house. I took my 2014 E350 Sport to three different MBZ dealerships in San Diego County for the "A" and "B" services based on service specials (San Diego, Carlsbad and El Cajon).
For example, if I needed to drop off car before work, I would drop off in San Diego but if I wanted to spend the day on the beach I would take it to Carlsbad (ride bike, surf and have lunch). The reason why I worked with brokers in LA was price and selection. However, after I got the lowest price I presented to Escondido and they beat (10 bucks a month).
Since picking up and driving my car, I have been very impressed with Lexus customer service. It seems like every week I receive an email from Lexus HQ or dealership on a variety of customer centric subjects(events, meals, specials, meets, wine tasting and list goes on). Back in 2002 when I purchased my first MBZ in San Diego I thought MBZ of San Diego surpassed customer service, but when I purchased a 2012 E350 sport and took it for its first service, I could not believe the degraded customer services. Before that 2012 I had a 2008 Infiniti M35S and was impressed how their customer services reps bent over backwards to help me needs. Especially dealing with warranty issues. But Lexus beats them all so far. I will have to see once I take my car for a NTSP/recall or warranty issue. The worst customer service I dealt with thus far was Hyundai. In 2006 I decided to sell my MBZ and purchase a new Hyundai Sonata Limited. Every time I would bring the car in for service or MAINT, the service reps would inspect my car like I was hiding something. I used to feel very uncomfortable dealing with them. Even when I complained after each service it wasn't until I had my last service (decided to sell it in 2008) that service reps caught on and treated me a bit better. Was a big mistake to leave MBZ service for Hyundai should of devolved to Toyota or Honda.
What bothers me with all service centers are the critiques emailed afterwards. It seems I get calls or emails from service department reminding me to give high marks. However, I give honest marks.
Old 02-25-16, 08:45 AM
sdjdguy
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=namzug;9381857]No drive to LA. Once you purchase or lease a GS you can take it to any dealership close to your house. My buddy has an older Lexus and goes to his favorite Toyota dealership for his service. They charge him Toyota prices not Lexus. To that end, I plan to go to El Cajon for my services (free too) since closer to my house. I took my 2014 E350 Sport to three different MBZ dealerships in San Diego County for the "A" and "B" services based on service specials (San Diego, Carlsbad and El Cajon).

Yes, thank you. Sorry, I wasn't clear in what I wrote above. I know you can have the car serviced at any Lexus dealer. I was referring to avoiding the drive to LA to buy the car there. I will check out these brokers if you think that's a good idea. Thanks again for all your help.
Old 02-25-16, 01:12 PM
namzug
Driver

[QUOTE=sdjdguy;9381952]
No drive to LA. Once you purchase or lease a GS you can take it to any dealership close to your house. My buddy has an older Lexus and goes to his favorite Toyota dealership for his service. They charge him Toyota prices not Lexus. To that end, I plan to go to El Cajon for my services (free too) since closer to my house. I took my 2014 E350 Sport to three different MBZ dealerships in San Diego County for the "A" and "B" services based on service specials (San Diego, Carlsbad and El Cajon).

Yes, thank you. Sorry, I wasn't clear in what I wrote above. I know you can have the car serviced at any Lexus dealer. I was referring to avoiding the drive to LA to buy the car there. I will check out these brokers if you think that's a good idea. Thanks again for all your help.

I've saved my friends thousands on new cars but they had to drive from SD to LA. For all of them, they drove because of the savings. For me if I can save 12-2K on a car if I drive to LA then I would. Anything less I would have to think about it.

Here are the top three brokers in LA (I think after talking with just about all of them).

Greg - 818-926-3138 (he got my 15 GS350 Fsport lowest price before dealership. There was no way I thought the dealership was going to beat or meet.)

Marc - 312-523-1402 (Most honest broker/salesman I've ever met also sold cars for over 10 years in Chicago before moving to LA. This guy was so honest that he told my friends to wait until prices dropped than over spend. What kind of dealer/broker does that!).

Jack - 818-747-6316 (Hardest working broker to get you best deal of the day)

All three work close with Lexus/Toyota financial and will work hard to make the deal.

I would text them first with your new car requirements and wait for the numbers to arrive. If one is the lowest then call and coordinate financing or pick-up. Also, ask for free stuff too. For example, Jack provides free tint. OR get the lowest quote and forward it to your dealership (I have Bobs email address at Escondido if you need he is probably the nicest one there). That is what I did when I got the lowest quote (from Greg) and Esco beat it. BTW, I was on the phone with Greg at the same time talking with the GM at Escondido. I told both that who ever beats I will leave or hang up. I hung up because of the deal from Escondido.

For anybody in the forum, if you are contemplating a purchase or lease (even if you do not live in SOCAL) contact one of the brokers for tips/help Especially Marc. Greg for example, leased a 2016 GSFsport in DEC before they arrived most dealerships to a guy out of state. I asked how much but he said don't ask.

Good luck!

If you use my name - Mark and tell them its the guy who worked the MBZ GLC, GSFsport and NX300H/RX.

I don't mind helping anybody in the forum to act as liaison or ascertain pricing/leasing information.
Old 02-26-16, 08:01 PM
sdjdguy
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to those who weighed in with advice. In case anyone is interested, I ended up making the deal today on a new 2015 Lexus GS 350 F-Sport in Liquid Platinum/Cabernet at Lexus El Cajon (San Diego County). The MSRP was $57,685, and the final price (excluding tax, title, and license) was $43,698 (which is 24% below MSRP). It was nearly $1,000 lower than my best price quote from any of the LA-area dealers and I didn't even have to drive to LA for it.

So, I am totally satisfied that I got a great deal on an outstanding car, and the purchase experience at Lexus El Cajon was first-rate all the way. I enjoyed driving it so much on the way home that I passed up my exit and had to turn around. Good sign!

Thanks for the contributions from everyone on this forum.
Old 02-26-16, 09:29 PM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Congrats on an amazing deal