GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Today My New 2015 GS350 F Sport Stalled Twice While Driving!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-16, 08:11 AM
DVADER
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Today My New 2015 GS350 F Sport Stalled Twice While Driving!!

This morning I started my day as usual, remote started the car via the app to warm her up. I had my ac/heat and heated seats on as usual, everything else was off. After I got into the car I started it up and as I shifted out of park it immediately stalled. I thought I had taken my foot off the brake too quick and restarted the car no problem. I pulled out of my driveway in reverse and as soon as I went to shift into drive the car stalled again. both times I maintained electricity but engine went dead. I restarted the vehicle and everything was fine for my 15 minute drive. The only message on the dash was to shift back into P OR N.

GM ignition recall debacle immediately popped into my head. My car only has 900 miles on it. Has anyone had this experience with their vehicle?
Old 02-18-16, 08:32 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

If you can reproduce the symptom again, I'd bring it in for warranty service.
Old 02-18-16, 08:38 AM
DVADER
Driver

Originally Posted by islandbeef
If you can reproduce the symptom again, I'd bring it in for warranty service.
Thanks. I spoke to the service dept of my dealership and they told me to have Lexus flatbed the car in and they would give me a loaner. They mentioned they have some code issues with the GX model but nothing for the GS. I'm going to see if the issue happens again or if this was a fluke before I go through the hassle of everything.
Old 02-18-16, 04:29 PM
HardParked
Driver School Candidate

Ask them for a GSF loaner haha
Old 02-19-16, 12:12 PM
Doctj
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

I giggled a little when I read it:
"shift back into ****" lol

Hope all works out for you. Interested to see what the issue was.
Old 02-19-16, 02:53 PM
isekii
Rookie

Hopefully it's nothing serious
Old 02-20-16, 07:53 PM
DeViNe350
Driver School Candidate

I had a similar experience as well. I was at the stop light and the car almost stalled. Took it in today but the tech couldnt find any codes nor could not reproduce it. Guess we will see what happens.
Old 02-21-16, 11:51 AM
DVADER
Driver

Hasn't happened again since that day so as of now I'm writing it off as a fluke. Hopefully no more scares or headaches going forward. I've notice since that happened though, my car now starts up in eco mode without me manually setting it, I love it.
Old 02-21-16, 02:46 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by DVADER
Hasn't happened again since that day so as of now I'm writing it off as a fluke. Hopefully no more scares or headaches going forward. I've notice since that happened though, my car now starts up in eco mode without me manually setting it, I love it.
The car will start up in normal or Eco, depending on what mode it was in when you shut it off.

My GS once went into limp mode and showed a cylinder misfire in the stored codes. The dealer said it was likely bad gas. These cars are such divas.
Old 02-21-16, 03:30 PM
jonathanz
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
The car will start up in normal or Eco, depending on what mode it was in when you shut it off.

My GS once went into limp mode and showed a cylinder misfire in the stored codes. The dealer said it was likely bad gas. These cars are such divas.

if the car was in sport or sport + mode when you shut off, next time when you start it will go to Normal mode. BUT if car were shut off from Eco or Normal, it will stay on same mode as when you shut off.
Old 02-22-16, 05:14 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

my car now starts up in eco mode without me manually setting it, I love it.
Words I would never expect to hear from a GS owner. Maybe there is a market for the small turbo GS.
Old 02-22-16, 06:13 AM
DVADER
Driver

Originally Posted by Mike728
Words I would never expect to hear from a GS owner. Maybe there is a market for the small turbo GS.
Yea, I didn't expect to be saying these words, but getting 10.5 - 11 mpg really sucks and my OCD won't let me get over it.
Old 02-22-16, 07:48 AM
isekii
Rookie

Yea, I didn't expect to be saying these words, but getting 10.5 - 11 mpg really sucks and my OCD won't let me get over it.
Don't drive it on ECO unless you're on the highway. I tried the whole ECO thing and got crap gas mileage. Now I drive Sports+ all around city/short highway. If i'm cruising for hours on the highway then I put it in ECO.
Old 02-22-16, 12:36 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by isekii
Don't drive it on ECO unless you're on the highway. I tried the whole ECO thing and got crap gas mileage. Now I drive Sports+ all around city/short highway. If i'm cruising for hours on the highway then I put it in ECO.
Thought I read that ECO was mainly for use with city driving. Stop and go type driving. On the highway your mostly just cruising and it seems to keep the RPM about the same.
Old 02-22-16, 12:54 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
Thought I read that ECO was mainly for use with city driving. Stop and go type driving. On the highway your mostly just cruising and it seems to keep the RPM about the same.
You are correct. ECO is intended for stop and go driving, and that's where you'll see the most benefits. However, there are some marginal benefits in highway driving in ECO mode, so you can certainly leave it in ECO all of the time.

On my IS, I never used ECO as I didn't see much of a difference and mileage in NORM was acceptable. In my GS, I use ECO a lot as I have seen improvements in all types of driving, and my mileage in NORM is quite low. YMMV

Quick Reply: Today My New 2015 GS350 F Sport Stalled Twice While Driving!!