GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Decent dealerships in tri-state area

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-16, 07:10 PM
Mmc228
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AJLex19
The first two cars I purchased from Carl Hoffman (who is no longer there) and the pre-owned sales manager Scott Orofino (who is also no longer there).

I bought my 4GS from Elgin Swift who is the current Pre-Owed Sales manager. Did you recently deal with Mt. Kisco?

Yes I bought mine about a month and half ago. I dealt with Mike Maresca. I did meet Elgin while I was there. They were very classy and easy to deal with. Highly recommended
Old 02-08-16, 07:47 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,130 Likes on 838 Posts

Originally Posted by Mmc228
Yes I bought mine about a month and half ago. I dealt with Mike Maresca. I did meet Elgin while I was there. They were very classy and easy to deal with. Highly recommended
Agreed. I dealt specifically with Elgin because my previous salesman wasn't there anymore and they wanted me to feel like there was a "smooth" transition. I've seen Mike walking around always with a smile and acknowledgement of potential buyers in the dealership.

They are very good with selling you a great car- although I had a few issues post-sale (one was service related and the other was that my car didn't seem up to par as far as cleanliness and finish when they delivered it compared to my previous purchases), the issues really weren't sales-related and I recommend Lexus of Mt Kisco as well.
Old 02-10-16, 04:36 AM
fre3way3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Agreed. I dealt specifically with Elgin because my previous salesman wasn't there anymore and they wanted me to feel like there was a "smooth" transition. I've seen Mike walking around always with a smile and acknowledgement of potential buyers in the dealership.

They are very good with selling you a great car- although I had a few issues post-sale (one was service related and the other was that my car didn't seem up to par as far as cleanliness and finish when they delivered it compared to my previous purchases), the issues really weren't sales-related and I recommend Lexus of Mt Kisco as well.
Originally Posted by Mmc228
So I visited a couple of dealers. One thing I noticed was that some dealers had their own fees aka dealer fees, etc. But there were ones that said only tax and dmv fees would be the only extra cost over the price of the car.

Lexus of Manhattan seems to have fairly decent prices but they are not open to any negotiations beyond what is their "internet price;" not even $100. I did notice though that their cars tended to have a bit more cosmetic issues compared to other dealers and they aren't willing to take care of it unless you pay for it. I'm not quite sure if anyone had any experience with them but would love to hear your opinion.

As far as Mt. Kisco lexus, is there anyone in particular I should ask for? I saw that their online prices for CPO are good but I would like another 1-2k off that price to close the deal. Maybe you guys can shed some more light on your negotiating experiences. Also, did this dealer have any other fees besides tax and dmv?

I'm considering visiting Lexus of Mt. Kisco and Lexus of Westport. Westport seems to have better reviews if that counts. Anyone has experience with Westport?

Last edited by fre3way3; 02-10-16 at 04:42 AM.
Old 02-10-16, 07:26 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,130 Likes on 838 Posts

Mt. Kisco does not have any additional fees except for a $75 document fee. You will obviously have to pay tax/dmv fees.

If possible, try to see if you can deal directly with Elgin Swift at Mt Kisco. Just like any pre-owned manager, he will ultimately be the final decision maker as to whether they can/will sell a car at a certain price.

As far the negotiation process, its helpful if you get a car thats been sitting on the lot for a bit. Also keep in mind that most of these cars are certified which adds to the price but there is usually a factory warranty left on the car - the carfax will help you determine how long its been at the dealer and the original warranty time left. See how much they can reduce the car if you feel the certification isn't really necessary.

Keep it mind that based on their website fine print, Lexus of Westport has a "dealer conveyance fee of $499.99."
Old 02-10-16, 07:30 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by fre3way3
I'm looking to buy a CPO lexus and looking for some dealerships that are more customer oriented and willing to negotiate a good deal. If anyone had any suggestions or experiences, please share.

Another thing I'm seeing is that a lot of these dealers are advertising their price as "internet price." I called a few to negotiate over the phone but they would simply not budge on that price. Maybe I'm not approaching it right but any tips on negotiation would be helpful too. And is it worth mentioning to a dealer that another dealership within the area is offering a similar car at a lower advertised price?
I usually go to Lexus of Manhattan and deal with Warren Newland. Tell him John sent you. The guy that bought an RX and ES CPO from him. Rallye Lexus is another good one, but I dont know anyone there.
Old 02-10-16, 07:42 AM
fre3way3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by situman
I usually go to Lexus of Manhattan and deal with Warren Newland. Tell him John sent you. The guy that bought an RX and ES CPO from him. Rallye Lexus is another good one, but I dont know anyone there.
Were you able to negotiate on the CPO online price posted with him? And did he throw in anything else in the deal such as all season mats, etc.. How have those cars been which you bought from this dealership? I've noticed every car here seems to have some sort of cosmetic issues; not sure about the quality of their products- maybe you can shed some light on this.

Last edited by fre3way3; 02-10-16 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-10-16, 07:46 AM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

Ray catena.
Old 02-10-16, 05:41 PM
fre3way3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by obadea
Ray catena.
Their customer service is excellent but pricing wise, they are a bit higher than others.
Old 02-11-16, 04:12 PM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

Who has the best price?
Old 02-12-16, 10:05 AM
fre3way3
Driver School Candidate

I'm in the process of finalizing a CPO 2013 RX 350 with 33k miles for 35,382 out the door price. The dealer isn't going below this price. How good of a deal is this? Some of you mentioned asking for accessories. Is there anything in particular I should ask for? I was thinking about asking for front window tints and all season mats. This is a normal RX 350 AWD non f sport with comfort package, navigation, and parking assist. Price of car went from 33k to 32k after neg.
Old 06-26-18, 02:06 PM
LexusWest
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi all, sorry to be resurrecting an older thread but in the market for an RX and have quotes from Westport, Manhattan and going in to see Ray Catena in White Plains soon. Any more recent experiences on tri-state dealers to share? Is going to Jersey worth it? Has anyone purchased a car in CT but been a NY resident? I know they provide temp plates - was looking to transfer plates over which is cheaper.

Thanks
Old 06-26-18, 02:36 PM
eddie420

Received 610 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusWest
Hi all, sorry to be resurrecting an older thread but in the market for an RX and have quotes from Westport, Manhattan and going in to see Ray Catena in White Plains soon. Any more recent experiences on tri-state dealers to share? Is going to Jersey worth it? Has anyone purchased a car in CT but been a NY resident? I know they provide temp plates - was looking to transfer plates over which is cheaper.

Thanks
Bought from Lexus of Englewood. 100% do not recommend, had experiences with shady sales people who promised many things but did not follow-up. Almost took it to corporate before some directors intervened and resolved the issues. I now do all my of my servicing and shopping at Lexus of Route 10, a complete 180. I have had nothing but great experiences with them. I believe they are a Lexus sponsored dealership as well, very well known in NJ. I'd say it's worth the $14 toll LOL.
The following users liked this post:
LexusWest (06-28-18)