GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Car still pulling to the right

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-16, 10:51 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 8jml8
So I went to the mechanic today and had them uncounted the front and flip them, it still pulled to the right a little. I said fine I can't fix it. So I took off the vossens and put the stock wheels back on. The car drives straight down the road. I have given up on the wheels. I have no idea what it can be now. Also I have vossens for sale now if anyone would like them
Though I don't have any pulling issues with my Vossens, I do have alignment issues. I'm stock height and suspension yet my alignment shop still isn't able to get it perfect. I honestly think it's the vossen wheels. I'm gonna ride it out on my current set of tires and once it comes time for replacement I may get some oem wheels and sell my vossens.
Old 02-09-16, 05:14 AM
8jml8
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my car Aligned with the vossens on it, do I have to get it aligned with the stocks back on the car now
Old 02-09-16, 09:27 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn so it pulls to the right so you are getting rid of your wheels? thats tough. My car pulls a tiny bit to the right but theres no way Im getting rid of my wheels...I love them too much!

Did you try switching tires as others have suggested? I doubt its the rim itself. I know its a pain in the *** trying to figure out what the problem is, like going back and forth to the shop but once you fix you wont have to worry about it anymore.

Good luck
MEAHT
Old 02-09-16, 10:35 AM
azngster35
Driver School Candidate

I will post my alignment up in a bit for you
Old 02-09-16, 11:06 AM
azngster35
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys hope you can really help. My place did an alignment and got all the numbers back into the green.

What could be the problem that it is pulling to the right. Also the steering wheels turns a little the the right as well. The tire pressure is perfect and the tires I am running are nitto 555.

Your car is pull to the right because your rear left toe is suppose to be set .15 degree in and not .12 degrees out. So if your rear left toe is set .12 left and the right is set .15 left then it's gonna make your rear go left and that's gonna make the car pull right. It's not the car it's just the stupid people that did your alignment. So tell them to set your left rear .15 right and not .12 left and it should fix the pulling issue. Mine is set .07 degrees inward on the front and .08 degrees outward on the rear.
Old 02-09-16, 11:07 AM
azngster35
Driver School Candidate

Old 02-09-16, 11:24 AM
azngster35
Driver School Candidate

So I went to the mechanic today and had them uncounted the front and flip them, it still pulled to the right a little. I said fine I can't fix it. So I took off the vossens and put the stock wheels back on. The car drives straight down the road. I have given up on the wheels. I have no idea what it can be now. Also I have vossens for sale now if anyone would like them
How much you selling the Vossens for?
Old 02-09-16, 02:36 PM
8jml8
Driver

Azngster35-I don't understand that if the toe on the rear is off to the left, how it affects the car pulling to the right? If that fixes the problem, then the wheels will not be for sale.
Old 02-09-16, 02:39 PM
8jml8
Driver

The wheels and tires are for sale at the beautiful price of $2200 or obo
Old 02-09-16, 03:02 PM
azngster35
Driver School Candidate

Azngster35-I don't understand that if the toe on the rear is off to the left, how it affects the car pulling to the right? If that fixes the problem, then the wheels will not be for sale.
It should fix it I hope. Because both of the rear wheel is slightly turn left according to your alignment sheets. The correct way is to have both of them toe inward to help it go straight. So as what I see is your right rear is correct but your left rear needed to be toe in and not out. Trust me go back to where you got it done and tell them that you got Lexus to look at the alignment sheet print out that the right rear need to be toe in. Try that and see. I know it will help I hope. I use to mess with alignment when my friends had a shop with the alignment machine.
Old 02-09-16, 03:02 PM
azngster35
Driver School Candidate

The wheels and tires are for sale at the beautiful price of $2200 or obo
Post a pic of them
Old 02-11-16, 04:27 PM
8jml8
Driver

Azngster35- I would like to thank you huge for the information of the alignment. It was exActly that. They fixed it and actually got the alignment even better then it was.
Old 02-11-16, 06:46 PM
azngster35
Driver School Candidate

Azngster35- I would like to thank you huge for the information of the alignment. It was exActly that. They fixed it and actually got the alignment even better then it was.
Glad I could help out buddy. I know it can be annoying when the car not driving straight. I guess the rim not for sale no more huh lol.....
Old 02-11-16, 06:54 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Did you take it back to the same shop? What did they say about their first alignment (being in the green) needing to be changed in order to make the car drive straight?
Old 02-11-16, 07:19 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome! Glad you got it working!
In a few months you wont even remember this minor headache.
Shout outs to azngster35, who at the cost of some sweet wheels at a good price still volunteered great advice lol

Quick Reply: Car still pulling to the right