GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Car still pulling to the right

Old 02-05-16, 02:39 PM
8jml8
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car still pulling to the right

Hey guys hope you can really help. My place did an alignment and got all the numbers back into the green.

What could be the problem that it is pulling to the right. Also the steering wheels turns a little the the right as well. The tire pressure is perfect and the tires I am running are nitto 555.

Attached Thumbnails Car still pulling to the right-image.jpg  
Old 02-05-16, 03:02 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Put your OEM wheels and tires back, see if you still have this problem.

Sometimes a bad tire can cause a pull.
Old 02-05-16, 03:07 PM
8jml8
Driver

Good idea, will do it tomorrow. The tires have about 2000 miles on them. Hope I can get away with just fixing on tire. The car is lowered. I hope the springs are sitting correct.
Old 02-05-16, 08:53 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Also try switching the front tires left to right and see if the pulling changes.
Old 02-06-16, 05:12 AM
8jml8
Driver

If I switch the tires, and it pulls to the left now, is it safe to say that they tire that it is pulling towards is the problem
Old 02-06-16, 07:09 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 8jml8
If I switch the tires, and it pulls to the left now, is it safe to say that they tire that it is pulling towards is the problem
Yes, then it's a radial pull.
Old 02-06-16, 07:47 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You no longer have an OEM suspension since you've lowered your car. OEM alignment specifications may no longer be correct for your car. Or one of your tires has a bad belt, causing it to pull to one side.
Old 02-06-16, 07:56 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

My stock car was pulling for a year and the independent shop and dealer couldn't fix it until I found another shop and the guy fixed it. It really depends on the tech and how good their equipment is. Sometimes they don't calibrate their equipment right.
Old 02-06-16, 11:14 AM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Check your front as a ball joint might be coming loose or bad hub bearing. I had this with my is350 and ended up being the inner tie rob end, also if you dropped the car it might be a camber problem. Might be a worn tire.
Old 02-06-16, 02:52 PM
8jml8
Driver

The cars pulls a little to the right, how I offset that is that I pull the steering wheels a little to the left, the steering wheels at that point then is dead straight. But when I start to slow down or coming to a red light, the steering wheels starts to turn right when I am braking.
Old 02-06-16, 04:29 PM
wiredup
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cars pulls a little to the right, how I offset that is that I pull the steering wheels a little to the left, the steering wheels at that point then is dead straight. But when I start to slow down or coming to a red light, the steering wheels starts to turn right when I am braking.
This sounds more like a brake problem - uneven pressure can cause it to pull L or R.
Old 02-06-16, 06:21 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,988 Likes on 1,413 Posts

Have you looked at both front tires to see if the tread is worn more on the inside or outside edge(s)?

What you describe is typical of a vehicle being either; (1) out-of-alignment or (2) one or both front tires worn unevenly, or (3) the vehicle is out-of-alignment and also one or both front tires are worn unevenly on the edge. I would bet your problem is with one or both of the front tires. It does not take long for a tire to become worn (due to the vehicle having been out-of-alignment) enough to pull the car to one side...

I would also bet that the alignment you had done with Hunter ExpressAlign® equipment was accurately done (per the Lexus specifications) using accurate and modern equipment.

Last edited by bclexus; 02-06-16 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-06-16, 06:27 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,988 Likes on 1,413 Posts

My place did an alignment and got all the numbers back into the green.
You failed to say how badly it was out-of-alignment... How bad was it? How many miles did you drive on your front tires while it was out-of-alignment? I think when you answer those questions you will be able to answer your own question about why your car is pulling...
Old 02-06-16, 06:55 PM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like a sticking brake caliper,
Old 02-08-16, 01:24 PM
8jml8
Driver

So I went to the mechanic today and had them uncounted the front and flip them, it still pulled to the right a little. I said fine I can't fix it. So I took off the vossens and put the stock wheels back on. The car drives straight down the road. I have given up on the wheels. I have no idea what it can be now. Also I have vossens for sale now if anyone would like them

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car still pulling to the right