GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

So Got Rear Ended Again!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-16, 04:00 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Oh man that sucks that it's not a lease and that you own it. Do you plan on selling it as soon as it's fixed?
Old 02-13-16, 06:43 PM
2jS160
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Look into requesting a diminished value insurance claim which allow car owners to recover the difference between a car’s pre-accident value and its value after repairs. It's an uphill battle but you're in the right to get what you deserve.
Old 02-13-16, 08:37 PM
Davenlei
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Modern frame pullers at reputable body shops do a really good job of pulling and squaring the frame.

One of the things that would be a long term affect is slight metal fatigue where the bend occurred if the bend was significant and making sure the body did not get any additional waves in it from the accident.

Do you know if the damage to the frame was before/at the rear suspension connection points to the body or after? If after, I would be less concerned. If before or at, I would want to make sure the rear suspension tracks true and had no parts bent once the frame is squared.

Honestly, the damage did not look severe so if you can get your head past the damage that happened to your car, you should just drive and enjoy it. It is not like you have to hang a scarlet letter on your doors announcing it was repaired.

Back in the day I wrecked one of my cars really bad where one side of the rear was bent down 3-4 inches compared to the other side and there was a significant bend and body flex visible at the wheel well. I took it to a place that did good work and they squared it and repaired it so it looked like nothing happened. The car drove great and straight for five more years before I sold it. Never had problems with it from the accident.

Last edited by Davenlei; 02-13-16 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-14-16, 06:58 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevn86
Oh man that sucks that it's not a lease and that you own it. Do you plan on selling it as soon as it's fixed?
Yes I'm already looking into my dealer getting me an LS Crafted Line.

Originally Posted by 2jS160
Look into requesting a diminished value insurance claim which allow car owners to recover the difference between a car’s pre-accident value and its value after repairs. It's an uphill battle but you're in the right to get what you deserve.
Really harder to get in ma

Originally Posted by Davenlei
Modern frame pullers at reputable body shops do a really good job of pulling and squaring the frame.

One of the things that would be a long term affect is slight metal fatigue where the bend occurred if the bend was significant and making sure the body did not get any additional waves in it from the accident.

Do you know if the damage to the frame was before/at the rear suspension connection points to the body or after? If after, I would be less concerned. If before or at, I would want to make sure the rear suspension tracks true and had no parts bent once the frame is squared.

Honestly, the damage did not look severe so if you can get your head past the damage that happened to your car, you should just drive and enjoy it. It is not like you have to hang a scarlet letter on your doors announcing it was repaired.

Back in the day I wrecked one of my cars really bad where one side of the rear was bent down 3-4 inches compared to the other side and there was a significant bend and body flex visible at the wheel well. I took it to a place that did good work and they squared it and repaired it so it looked like nothing happened. The car drove great and straight for five more years before I sold it. Never had problems with it from the accident.
Honestly trying to ignore it but it's annoying me knowing car is not the same to me.