2013 GS Driver Door

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-16, 03:49 AM
jeradw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 GS Driver Door

Good Morning.

I am trying to diagnose a buzz/squeak/rattle coming from the driver door. Once I press on the door, the noise goes away, so I would like to take the interior trim and leather off the of the door to do some more troubleshooting. Does anyone have any tips or guides on how to remove the interior portion of these doors?

Thanks!
Old 01-28-16, 05:45 AM
Davenlei
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jeradw
Good Morning.

I am trying to diagnose a buzz/squeak/rattle coming from the driver door. Once I press on the door, the noise goes away, so I would like to take the interior trim and leather off the of the door to do some more troubleshooting. Does anyone have any tips or guides on how to remove the interior portion of these doors?

Thanks!
Is your car under factory warranty still? If so, just take it in and have Lexus fix it.
Old 01-28-16, 06:41 AM
jeradw
Driver School Candidate

Yes, it is under the factory warranty, but this one in particular is a little hard to track down. I know its not random, but it appears to only happen on certain days and I am still trying to pinpoint the exact conditions. I have taken other Lexus vehicles in to them and they have been great at fixing rattles, but they were really obvious and easy to diagnose.

Part of me also hates bringing my vehicles in and complaining about things like rattles/squeaks. Seems so minor in comparison to an actual mechanical problem.
Old 01-28-16, 08:29 AM
Davenlei
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jeradw
Yes, it is under the factory warranty, but this one in particular is a little hard to track down. I know its not random, but it appears to only happen on certain days and I am still trying to pinpoint the exact conditions. I have taken other Lexus vehicles in to them and they have been great at fixing rattles, but they were really obvious and easy to diagnose.

Part of me also hates bringing my vehicles in and complaining about things like rattles/squeaks. Seems so minor in comparison to an actual mechanical problem.
Ah, I see. Well one way to capture the issue is to take a video/audio of it when it happens and let the tech see/hear it when you are in (if you take it in). I have had to do that before and it helps.

I usually ask them to fix/deal with small issues when I bring the car in for other service.so it is not the only thing it is coming in for.
Old 01-28-16, 08:34 AM
puffdaddy
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Does it seem to be coming from the window switch area? I have that problem that only shows up with certain bass frequencies/volume. I have seen on here that there is a fix for it at the dealer (felt wrap on the underside of the switch). I am going to wait till I have another issue, or I am getting near warranty end to have mine looked at.
Old 01-28-16, 08:58 AM
jeradw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Davenlei
Ah, I see. Well one way to capture the issue is to take a video/audio of it when it happens and let the tech see/hear it when you are in (if you take it in). I have had to do that before and it helps.

I usually ask them to fix/deal with small issues when I bring the car in for other service.so it is not the only thing it is coming in for.
Not a bad idea - I recorded the noises for one of the issues I had with my CT. I think that helped a bunch. 30k is coming up right around the corner. I'll probably just wait and add it to my list of things to look at. I bought it Lexus Certified about 2000 miles ago, so I am still trying to figure out whats "normal" and what could be an issue with the car.

Is it just me or are the seat warmers really weak?! I was thinking about bringing it up at 30k, but I've been reading alot on this forum and sounds like its a complaint across the board. I really liked the CT warmers, but I feel like this GS is a bit of a step back in the warmth department.
Old 01-28-16, 09:00 AM
jeradw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by puffdaddy
Does it seem to be coming from the window switch area? I have that problem that only shows up with certain bass frequencies/volume. I have seen on here that there is a fix for it at the dealer (felt wrap on the underside of the switch). I am going to wait till I have another issue, or I am getting near warranty end to have mine looked at.
No its close to where the door and the door striker meet. Pressing anywhere where your elbow would normally rest makes it go away. I think its the added pressure to make the door tighter(?) perhaps. Maybe something is loose.
Old 01-28-16, 09:38 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Seems to be a defect with the GS door panel.
Here we go:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...el-rattle.html
Old 01-28-16, 10:27 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Old 01-28-16, 11:14 AM
jeradw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MEAHT
Seems to be a defect with the GS door panel.
Here we go:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...el-rattle.html
Can you use those orange pry tools to remove all of the door trim to get behind all the plastic?
Old 02-01-16, 05:10 PM
jeradw
Driver School Candidate

(bumping back up to the top)