GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Still liking this car!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-16, 07:52 AM
rockyman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still liking this car!

Just sayin, I am original owner of 2013 fsport, and I still love this car the same as I did the day I bought it. Just had a rattle fixed up by the A piller. That always helps.
Old 01-23-16, 09:57 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

I also greatly enjoy my car. I have owned many cars including Corvettes, Infinitis, BMWs, Mercedes, Toyota Supras, Nissan 300zx, and other Lexus's. And this is my favorite one and one that I plan on keeping and driving until it can't be driven neo more. Other cars I get bored of in a year or two. Some other cars I have owned have 2X the horsepower but i still get bored. Power isnt everything. Its the ability to be comfortable and fun at the same time is what makes this car a keeper. It handles like it on rails. Very Luxurious and sporty at the same time. And very reliable. I can take this car to the track and hammer it hard all day long and cruise back home on the highway with Luxury and quietness that other cars will envy.

The only thing i wish my GS had was more space in the back seat. Guess i have to buy a new RX for my wife. So I can still keep my GS.

Last edited by AL13NV8D3R; 01-23-16 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-23-16, 02:43 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

I'll always miss my 2001 740i M Sport but I'll never miss the maintenance issues (money pit). With the GS, it's like it was reincarnated but with improved reliability.

It may not be the fastest or the most powerful, but it makes me happy and that's what's most important. This car hits the "sweet spot".
Old 01-23-16, 05:00 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by rockyman
Just sayin, I am original owner of 2013 fsport, and I still love this car the same as I did the day I bought it. Just had a rattle fixed up by the A piller. That always helps.
I agree, I have had my F-Sport for almost four years, and I am still pleased with it. I recently tried out a Porsche Boxster S and a Lexus RC-F. Neither seemed to me to be worth the price or any more drive-able or enjoyable than the GS350. So, for the foreseeable future, I will keep my GS350 F-Sport. No rattles, BTW. But if the right Porsche 911 appears, who knows?
Old 01-23-16, 08:10 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Still love mine too, and it's killing me because my lease is up in August and I'm itching to get something different, just because, and nothing in the price range really tickles my fancy. May end up getting another one on a shorter lease, I think this model is getting a power bump between it and the F once the F comes out. I smell alot of turbos coming out of Lexus really soon.
Old 01-23-16, 10:41 PM
namzug
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Still love mine too, and it's killing me because my lease is up in August and I'm itching to get something different, just because, and nothing in the price range really tickles my fancy. May end up getting another one on a shorter lease, I think this model is getting a power bump between it and the F once the F comes out. I smell alot of turbos coming out of Lexus really soon.
Should try and lease a new 2017 MBZ E350 Sport. Lease price is about the same as the GS Fsport. By the time your lease ends the Jaguar F-Pace will be available. Although it is a SUV, it still is the best on the market and unique plus a fully loaded one barely exceeds that of a 2016 F sport. Check it out. I saw it at the SD INT auto show and it was one of the best cars I saw.
Old 01-24-16, 10:01 AM
rockyman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borrowed a Carerra

Borrowed a Carerra last weeke d in Palm Spring to take out in the desert. After an hour, I was wanting my GS. Lexus did hit the sweet spot with performance, comfort, and maintenance.
Old 01-24-16, 01:32 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

I drove a friends Carrera one day, it felt like a lightweight tin can with a heavy engine in the back (which it really is). Now I know how the Apollo Moon Astronauts felt when they took off.
Old 01-24-16, 07:24 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

I love how the GS offers so much, in terms of overall value, to the consumer. Is it the "perfect" car? Nope - but then again, I think you can find faults in just about any vehicle.

I love everything my vehicle offers for how much I paid for it. In the end, if it makes you smile sitting in it, that's all that matters. No need to show off/please others/etc.

Definitely keeping my vehicle for many, many years!

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 01-24-16, 07:32 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I love seeing threads like this. They are so rare in other auto forums. No one ever pipes in and says how really great their car is. It really speaks to the GS that owners love their cars so much. I kept my '13 GS F Sport for almost 3 years, and for someone who trades about every year or so that is quite an endorsement. It really is a great car that does almost everything well, and I loved mine when I owned it too!
Old 01-24-16, 08:05 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I think the GS is the perfect balance between performance and looks and reliability and MY POCKET!!

Haven't driven my GS in a week and took it out for a drive the other night and I was like this the whole time! U know u got the right car when ur like this and giggling by urself the whole time driving it. Cranked up my ML system and I instantly got teleported to a concert hall.

And best of all, nobody tailgates the GS unless they wanna eat dust. My CT is a magnet for tailgaters though, even when ur already going double the speed limit! But the GS can cruise below the limit and nobody tailgates.
Old 01-25-16, 06:26 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

This is how I felt about my IS350 that I recently parted with. I loved it and was excited to drive it EVERY time I started it up. I hope I will feel the same about my GS.

Originally Posted by dseag2
I love seeing threads like this. They are so rare in other auto forums. No one ever pipes in and says how really great their car is. It really speaks to the GS that owners love their cars so much. I kept my '13 GS F Sport for almost 3 years, and for someone who trades about every year or so that is quite an endorsement. It really is a great car that does almost everything well, and I loved mine when I owned it too!
Absolutely. I was laughing because I recently read on a thread in the ES forum about what cars other people looked at when buying their ES, and the GS came up a few times. Someone commented that they did not buy a GS because the GS forum is filled with "a LOT of discontent" which I thought was odd, as I find lots of repeat GS buyers on here and pretty favorable posts.
Old 01-25-16, 07:00 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Number one rule of the internet, nobody gets on a forum to praise something, so you have to take complaints with a grain of salt. If you read enough owner's forums you'll think everything is problematic and terrible. Then, when you "zoom out" and see the big picture, you realize it's a tiny fraction of owners, and enthusiasts, not just people that own a car.

I can see how an older demographic would interpret the GS forum as having worse cars than the ES. I think we skew younger than the ES crowd. I could be wrong of course.
Old 01-25-16, 07:57 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
This is how I felt about my IS350 that I recently parted with. I loved it and was excited to drive it EVERY time I started it up. I hope I will feel the same about my GS.

Absolutely. I was laughing because I recently read on a thread in the ES forum about what cars other people looked at when buying their ES, and the GS came up a few times. Someone commented that they did not buy a GS because the GS forum is filled with "a LOT of discontent" which I thought was odd, as I find lots of repeat GS buyers on here and pretty favorable posts.
You're so right. We're looking at trading early next year for a convertible (most likely another S5) and a crossover for more utility. I'm bummed that the GS isn't in the consideration set because I would buy another one in a heartbeat. If it had folding rear seats it would be a no-brainer, but I know they won't do that due to structural rigidity. That's what makes the car so solid to drive.
Old 01-26-16, 07:30 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

I'm on year 3 and 25K miles and in need of a new set of tires soon. I still like my car and feel that I don't get to drive it enough or take it to it's limits. City life sucks sometimes. Now that gas is so cheap, I find myself in S+ mode more often and the car is so much more fun. If I was in the market for a new car today, I wouldn't hesitate picking up another GS.

Quick Reply: Still liking this car!