GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Bluetooth Music Media NOT resuming properly

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-16, 08:53 AM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine never gets to play enough new songs for me to know if it will repeat a whole library (folder with MP3's for non apples).

The other day it decided to disconnect the media player, and when I click the connect button it just dings...so look like Im going to have to re-pair entire device...no biggie, just a glitch.

Does anyone know how I can acquire new Software Updates? Id like to Flash-Drive them if possible.
Old 02-09-16, 09:37 PM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Quick Update: Just got back from 3 business trips. 3 diff towns, 3 completely different cars, Toyota Camry, Ford Fusion, Dodge Avenger.

All 2 cars started songs where they left off without a hitch....The Camry did however have a one bug one time - when I answered a call and then hung up, the music would not resume until I went into the screen and disconnected the phone. After I reconnected the phone, it continued working the rest of the trip with may stops at less than 1-song intervals.

So - No excuses for the prob with songs starting from 0:00 on the 2013 GS 350. wife been driving it lately, and so I dont deal with the prob daily, but looks like a visit/call to the tech expert at my local dealer is in order.
Old 02-10-16, 08:18 AM
metrathon
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by az-dave
Quick Update: Just got back from 3 business trips. 3 diff towns, 3 completely different cars, Toyota Camry, Ford Fusion, Dodge Avenger.

All 2 cars started songs where they left off without a hitch....The Camry did however have a one bug one time - when I answered a call and then hung up, the music would not resume until I went into the screen and disconnected the phone. After I reconnected the phone, it continued working the rest of the trip with may stops at less than 1-song intervals.

So - No excuses for the prob with songs starting from 0:00 on the 2013 GS 350. wife been driving it lately, and so I dont deal with the prob daily, but looks like a visit/call to the tech expert at my local dealer is in order.
Lexus does this for reliability. Lolz.
Old 02-10-16, 01:40 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
I kinda figured it out how it works for the wired music play.. I have a iPhone 6.. 2015 12.3" Nav, non-ML

If I have the music app open (even in the background), the car will play the current track in the music app...
If the music app is closed (even in the background), it'll start from front of the least (the same song every time).

I am not sure if Bluetooth will act this way or different. I'll test it out in the next couple of days and report my findings.
update.. on Bluetooth, the song resumes correctly.

i was on 2:34 minutes into Song A on BT.. \
Turned off radio
Turned off car
Went to the post office
Started car
Turned on radio
Audio played on 2:34 minutes into Song A on BT.
Old 02-10-16, 04:43 PM
az-dave
Lead Lap

I wish I had that to update!! LOL. Thats what every rental car I drive does and my Caddy and my JBL Bluetooth speaker...the list continues except for the GS.

In other news, in my 98 GS300 with a tape-deck converter (yes, Old-Skool!) when I unplug the audio jack and plug back in, I must press play (the horror), but it continues where it left off...now thats kind of funny. And If I turn the car off and leave the phone plugged in, it obviously just keep playing thru the song list, but at least I dont have to listen to the first 15-30 seconds of the same song 10 times
Old 02-10-16, 04:46 PM
az-dave
Lead Lap

You know...just for S+G (everyone knows what that means right?) - I may download a diff music app on my S5 and see what happens...Ive honestly never used anything but the stock music app on any phone ive had, but its worth a shot.

I will let everyone know what happens...plus I will test on rental cars etc.