GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Bluetooth Music Media NOT resuming properly

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-16, 10:02 AM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Joed - so yours always starts songs from where they left off when connecting to phone?? if mine did I would he Happy!!! :-) Or am I reading you wrong?
Thanks for reply, all this info is eventually going to be useful, and someone or Lexus will figure out what the deal is.
Heck...maybe this will even catalyze a decision to do siri eyes off for 2013 folks????

Anyone from Lexus out there listening??? It actually should really cost you guys a $, the computer is able to run the update, so this is really just a "decision".
Old 01-20-16, 10:09 AM
az-dave
Lead Lap

That being said...any of you guys have 2013 with only an 8inch screen? Mine is a US model, and evidently it is extremely "rare" to have my set up.

Reason I ask is because Im trying to put all the pieces together to see if this is related to type of screen (12.3 vs 8"), NAV / No-NAV, Updated System / Non Updated, or if its really a random problem.

Im 99.999% sure its not the phone, and I leave that .001% just in case all 6 phones from diff mfgrs and models ALL happened to have "bugs" in them...I mean, its "possible" but simply highly improbable at this stage.

And Im still planning to hook up a different bluetooth device, such as Samsung tablet with exact same music and music player app to see if it does it on that.

I have not tried USB Stick yet...may try that.

One last thing is that I read a post on a diff thread on this forum about lexus not being able to read more than 256 tracks within a single directory...I may need to check into this, however I dont think the folders Im playing have more than 256 songs per folder, but I do have 1000's of songs btwn dozens of folders...just thinking out loud here.
Old 01-20-16, 10:52 AM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

I kinda figured it out how it works for the wired music play.. I have a iPhone 6.. 2015 12.3" Nav, non-ML

If I have the music app open (even in the background), the car will play the current track in the music app...
If the music app is closed (even in the background), it'll start from front of the least (the same song every time).

I am not sure if Bluetooth will act this way or different. I'll test it out in the next couple of days and report my findings.
Old 01-20-16, 08:47 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Now that I've thought about it some more, mine acts like Joedaddy was saying. If I use the music app on my phone, it won't resume after a disconnect, it starts over. However, Pandora will pick up where it left off any time. Technically though, Pandora is running in the car and using my phone as a data connection, so it's possible it can do more, or act more consistently.
Old 01-20-16, 09:07 PM
mdr2001
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 2013, 12.3 nav, no ML - but use Android with the included Google music player connected via BlueTooth.

Mine behaves as as described by Joedaddy1, it resumes the song from the beginning of the track that was interrupted (such as when I switch audio sources). I am playing music from a playlist of 80 songs created in the app.

What I don't recall is if the music pauses when an incoming text or call is received or if it simply mutes the audio and gives priority to the notification.
Old 01-21-16, 08:47 AM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Thanks for all the updates and info...

Here is what I do in all other cars, I pair my phone and media, and I use ONLY the car system to change tracks and play music. In All other cars (except one about 5 or 6 years ago) when I turn the ignition off, and then back on, the car will pick up the song where it left off (same when answer a phone). Now, I can change track also using the phone, but the point is, I never actually have to "open" the app on my phone, the car's systems always do this. I actually like to never even "think" about the phone or media device, and almost treat it like a radio station without commercials...it should just "play".

On my '13 GS, If I turn off engine when a song from my phone is playing, and then turn engine back on (be it 10 seconds, or 3 hours, or 2 days) the car's system also automatically connects to the phone, but it start the song from the beginning.

What I read on a diff thread, is that for some reason the car is sending the "STOP" signal to the phone, rather than "PAUSE" or simply disconnecting. Next time I drive a rental, which will be in the next 2 weeks, I will see if my phone shows the PAUSE symbol or is STOPPED when I turn ignition off while listening to mp3's. I will also do the same for the GS 350.

I just want to be clear - I never, unless I want to specifically find a song, use the phone in any of the cars to start/change the music, I like to jump in the car, and it just connects and resumes....well at least the crummy rentals do! haha :-)

Last weekend I got to listen to the same song 4 times between going to get Gas, Home Depot, POst office and Circle-K, I got mad and switched to XM Sat :-( Of course on 3 hour drives, this isnt a problem. LOL
Old 01-22-16, 10:22 AM
metrathon
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by az-dave
Last weekend I got to listen to the same song 4 times between going to get Gas, Home Depot, POst office and Circle-K, I got mad and switched to XM Sat :-(
Haha, exactly my experience on a Sat grocery run
Old 01-22-16, 03:23 PM
az-dave
Lead Lap

When we first got this car, after having BT media in her last 2, plus my current one, she actually asked me "Bub, I like this song, I really do, but seriously, do you have to play it over and over: - it was on a sat Costco, Home Depot, Lunch, etc run...

Doooh! I am going to search for an answer...its gotten personal now!
Old 01-22-16, 03:28 PM
az-dave
Lead Lap

This is maybe, *completely*, unrelated, but when you other 2013+ GS 350 owners turn off your engine always, and I mean Always, get the ding ding ding sound? as in it just keeps dinging - when opening the door after turning engine off?

Doesnt happen on other Push-Button vehicles Ive owned, nor rent...just this one.

I cant just park the car, turn it off, and then open the door like waiting for someone or chilling, I have to open the door, close it, then open again, or else it keeps dinging....ding ding ding ding
Old 01-25-16, 08:52 AM
az-dave
Lead Lap

OK - I spent some time and tried several different ways to pause/stop/resume music upon turning car off, nothing works to get a song to re-start where it left off, song will always re-start automatically from the beginning upon re-starting the car.

what I do notice, is that it takes the car's system longer to "Connect" to the Media Player (Phone) than most other cars take. Once it connects the song that was last playing automatically starts.

Turn the engine off, and the phone shows the little bar that has the min:sec dot where the song is currently at goes immediately to the beginning. This is unlike other Cars where when I turn the car off, the song shows paused on my phone and the time bar still shows the dot where it left off.
Old 01-25-16, 09:13 AM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Here is a screen shot of my screen/software versions...Note the Bluetooth "current" 21.202

Can Anyone else check what version you might have?
Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth Music Media NOT resuming properly-software-nav-versions.jpg  
Old 01-25-16, 09:56 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I looked but cannot find a Bluetooth software version on mine.

Old 01-25-16, 10:45 AM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JDR76
I looked but cannot find a Bluetooth software version on mine.
Is that an 8in or 12.3 in screen? Thank you for pic. (I think its the left side of 12.3 in ??)
Old 01-25-16, 10:53 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Mine is nav (12.3") with ML. Sorry, I should have included that.
Old 01-25-16, 10:57 AM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

off topic..

I dont think this car can repeat the WHOLE LIBRARY..

for example.. 100 songs in iPOD/iPhone...
it'll randomly play 1 song out of 100, then 1 song out of 99, then 1 song out of 98, etc.. you get the idea..

I want it to play 1 song out of 100, then 1 song out of 100, then 1 song out of 100, etc... but I dont think this car can. If you select repeat, it repeats the current song...

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Music Media NOT resuming properly