GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Idiot Service Tech at Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-16, 07:33 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Being recorded is a privacy issue remember watergate? Those politicians broke the law because it is illegal to record someone without consent. Also being recorded without one knowing will reveal the true intent of the individual in this case he was an ***. From watching the video I dont feel he is really abusing the car at all. He did accellerated and rev'd the car a few time but that wont hurt the car at all. Heck I drive my car much harder than that when I am at a race track. I am not condoning anything he was doing but I think people need to treat other peoples property with respect. Now if he was doing a standing burnout or bounceing the rev limiter for more than 1 minute then that would be abuse.
Old 01-05-16, 06:42 AM
LoveCT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where's the video? Is it too late to see it?
Old 01-05-16, 06:48 AM
tradosauru
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Did the tech look like on of the valet drivers in the movie "Ferris Buellers day off"?
Attached Thumbnails Idiot Service Tech at Lexus-ferris_bueller_valet_driver.jpg  
Old 01-05-16, 01:34 PM
DShiekhi
Driver

Default Another Bad Lexus Experience, Another Question Raised

Another Bad Lexus Experience, Another Question Raised

Despite all of the work forum member <em>bigblack06</em> has put into his Lexus GS, it still needs to occasionally visit the dealership, just like any other car.

Read the rest on the ClubLexus.com homepage. >>
Old 01-05-16, 02:56 PM
Othic
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Being a tech, I'd definitely like to see this video.
Old 01-05-16, 03:16 PM
phoenix888
Driver

Received 71 Likes on 31 Posts
Default ???

Where is the Video?
Old 01-05-16, 03:24 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

How in the world did I miss this thread?? Now I can't see the video -_-
Old 01-06-16, 10:59 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

This is nothing new and is expected of Lexus...

When I brought my Lexus to TWO dealers in az, I had similar experiences. My dash cam captured them Revving my ISF, scratching my leather and saying lexus has cheap quality leather, saying my car is a POS and slow as "f***", talking about how hot my wife is, service manager calling me a man child because I am young and owned such a car, the MASTER TECH didn't want to use a trim tool (that another tech offered him), then broke clips for my interior trim and told another tech to take pics of it cause they aren't going to pay for it and blamed it on someone else "being in there before" they removed the Nav, they also tried to take it for a Joy Ride but another tech chewed them out and said "how are you going to explain the extra miles on his ISF for a nav replacement stupid".

Then when I went to another dealer, I informed them I had a dash cam and told them not to touch it, so they asked me to remove it and they would only drive up to 100mph on the test drive (for the ELF fuel leak TSB), I told them no, and that it was to remain there and they don't have permission to touch my dash cam. They took my car back, uplugged the camera, road tested it, and even used electrical tape and hot glue (or something similar) to fix a plastic harness protective cover they broke and sensor clip, and then denied it as if I would have any business to tape a $10 piece of plastic under the hood lol.

This is their "pursuit of perfection"....right lol. Thats why I don't bring ANY car to the dealer anymore unless its warranty related ONLY, you pay a higher premium for dealerships expecting them to be accountable and to have a higher standard for your car, when they absolutely don't. Most mom and pop shops will treat you and your car like gold, because they have more to lose from a bad experience then a dealer does.
Old 01-06-16, 12:07 PM
tradosauru
Advanced

Why didn't you used the dash cam video to go after the first dealer? I personally wouldn't tell them that I have a dash cam, unless I needed the footage later to get compensation for damage.
Old 01-06-16, 12:09 PM
Kevin350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Came here for video but no where to be found?
Old 01-06-16, 06:34 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Being recorded is a privacy issue remember watergate? Those politicians broke the law because it is illegal to record someone without consent. Also being recorded without one knowing will reveal the true intent of the individual in this case he was an ***. From watching the video I dont feel he is really abusing the car at all. He did accellerated and rev'd the car a few time but that wont hurt the car at all. Heck I drive my car much harder than that when I am at a race track. I am not condoning anything he was doing but I think people need to treat other peoples property with respect. Now if he was doing a standing burnout or bounceing the rev limiter for more than 1 minute then that would be abuse.
I agree, and although the service tech was a douche it is no more ethical to record him without his knowledge than appropriate for him to criticize you for cut exhausts and dropped springs. It's kind of like the kids that go on the internet and complain about getting bullied. If you don't want to see the comments, don't participate.

As for the video, I imagine it has been removed for legal reasons.
Old 01-06-16, 08:12 PM
tradosauru
Advanced

Originally Posted by dseag2
I agree, and although the service tech was a douche it is no more ethical to record him without his knowledge than appropriate for him to criticize you for cut exhausts and dropped springs. It's kind of like the kids that go on the internet and complain about getting bullied. If you don't want to see the comments, don't participate.

As for the video, I imagine it has been removed for legal reasons.
That's a dumb analogy. Cut exhausts are illegal. Videotaping someone damaging my property is not.
Old 01-06-16, 09:03 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Originally Posted by tradosauru
Cut exhausts are illegal. Videotaping someone damaging my property is not.
Actually, videotaping someone without their consent IS illegal in many situations, this particular situation it was definitely illegal (audio was also recorded and he had a reasonable expectation of privacy alone in a car).

And where has his property damaged? It wasn't.
Old 01-06-16, 09:17 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
This is nothing new and is expected of Lexus...

When I brought my Lexus to TWO dealers in az, I had similar experiences. My dash cam captured them Revving my ISF, scratching my leather and saying lexus has cheap quality leather, saying my car is a POS and slow as "f***", talking about how hot my wife is, service manager calling me a man child because I am young and owned such a car, the MASTER TECH didn't want to use a trim tool (that another tech offered him), then broke clips for my interior trim and told another tech to take pics of it cause they aren't going to pay for it and blamed it on someone else "being in there before" they removed the Nav, they also tried to take it for a Joy Ride but another tech chewed them out and said "how are you going to explain the extra miles on his ISF for a nav replacement stupid".

Then when I went to another dealer, I informed them I had a dash cam and told them not to touch it, so they asked me to remove it and they would only drive up to 100mph on the test drive (for the ELF fuel leak TSB), I told them no, and that it was to remain there and they don't have permission to touch my dash cam. They took my car back, uplugged the camera, road tested it, and even used electrical tape and hot glue (or something similar) to fix a plastic harness protective cover they broke and sensor clip, and then denied it as if I would have any business to tape a $10 piece of plastic under the hood lol.

This is their "pursuit of perfection"....right lol. Thats why I don't bring ANY car to the dealer anymore unless its warranty related ONLY, you pay a higher premium for dealerships expecting them to be accountable and to have a higher standard for your car, when they absolutely don't. Most mom and pop shops will treat you and your car like gold, because they have more to lose from a bad experience then a dealer does.
i'm gonna go there... pics of said hot wife
Old 01-07-16, 04:41 AM
tradosauru
Advanced

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Actually, videotaping someone without their consent IS illegal in many situations, this particular situation it was definitely illegal (audio was also recorded and he had a reasonable expectation of privacy alone in a car).

And where has his property damaged? It wasn't.

So if I videotape a robbery of my property would that be illegal? My car is my property. Case closed.

Quick Reply: Idiot Service Tech at Lexus