GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2016 GS F Sport Liquid Platinum vs my 2013 GS F sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-16, 07:44 AM
SKA430
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2016 GS F Sport Liquid Platinum vs my 2013 GS F sport

Just got my 2016 GS F-Sport…Liguid Platinum with the red interior (I don’t think anyone is getting any different interiors so far!). Comparisons from my 2013 F Sport: The tech is so much more. I LOVED my 2013 - was the best car I have ever had. Still, the 2016 GS reminds me of a baby LS now with the climate scrolling temperature numbers, the lane keep, pre-collision, cross traffic backup warning, power trunk and fold in mirrors. I like the new rear view mirror that is “frameless”. It looks better. The Lexus enform app with the remote start, and valet mode stuff is interesting - I want to figure out how Valet works exactly but haven't researched what the 30mph limit, time limit, etc do - I imagine it limits the valet driver to exactly those things obviously. Full screen Nav looks nice of course. Hold button - cool! Auto hi beams - not sure how I like them yet. Have not messed with the customizing drive mode thing that people have mentioned - have not even seen where that is.

I love the grille itself, but still have not completely bought in to how far the front end sticks out versus the older one. Almost looks a little goofy from profile view. I haven't really gotten on the motor to see if there is a difference with the few extra horses. I was so used to the 6 speed from before that I haven't really found as good a feel from the 8 speed yet when jamming on the gas pedal, but as I said have not been as aggressive yet until I get a few more miles on it.

Overall, I feel like I just got a new hot wheel toy. I can’t wait to drive it more. Had been thinking of going 2015 instead at the last minute, but colors and choices were so limited I didn’t. Now, I’m somewhat glad I didn’t because I am WAY more excited than I would have been with a 2015 even though perhaps a handful of features were already on that one. I am paying more though for sure! If I had been able to find a perfect color combo, I would have been totally fine with 2015, but this will be a bit more fun.

Overall - a little sad seeing my white/red 2013 go…she was a beauty and did everything I ever asked of her. Fantastically fun car despite being underpowered. Lexus did all the little touches so well on the 4th Gen when you compared to the 3rd Gen of which I had two. Think I will love this car too though, but maybe not the same since it wasn't first.
Old 01-01-16, 08:03 AM
sbaldwin77
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please post a pic. I currently have 14' Liquid platinum and I love the color, only thing is that I can't do the black interior again. It won't feel like a new car if I do. Looking to see real life pics of the LP/red interior. Please post when you get free time.
Old 01-01-16, 09:04 AM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by sbaldwin77
I currently have 14' Liquid platinum and I love the color, only thing is that I can't do the black interior again. It won't feel like a new car if I do.
Focus on the smell lol
Old 01-01-16, 09:22 AM
SKA430
Rookie

Originally Posted by sbaldwin77
please post a pic. I currently have 14' Liquid platinum and I love the color, only thing is that I can't do the black interior again. It won't feel like a new car if I do. Looking to see real life pics of the LP/red interior. Please post when you get free time.
You got it...will take some today and post as soon as I can. It looks good. In my opinion can't go wrong with the red with silver or white or even other colors too. Black interior is pretty but the red does jump out at you and catches people's attention. Man, the new exhaust definitely smells a lot when parked in the garage. Not used to the power trunk - I impatiently try to lift it up but it stops me. I guess from what I have read online, the valet or guest driver modes will just alert you if the valet driver goes over a set speed or time limit parameter that you set. Anyone used that yet?
Old 01-01-16, 11:07 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by SKA430
You got it...will take some today and post as soon as I can. It looks good. In my opinion can't go wrong with the red with silver or white or even other colors too. Black interior is pretty but the red does jump out at you and catches people's attention. Man, the new exhaust definitely smells a lot when parked in the garage. Not used to the power trunk - I impatiently try to lift it up but it stops me. I guess from what I have read online, the valet or guest driver modes will just alert you if the valet driver goes over a set speed or time limit parameter that you set. Anyone used that yet?
That smell eventually goes away after a few hundred miles.

I've used the valet/guest driver feature and it keeps sending alerts to your phone. Just have to remember to turn it off when you get the car back.
Old 01-01-16, 02:34 PM
SKA430
Rookie

Here are a few pics to show the liquid platinum and red interior. Sorry I cannot figure out how to rotate the pictures that are on their side.
Attached Thumbnails 2016 GS F Sport Liquid Platinum vs my 2013 GS F sport-img_9234.jpg   2016 GS F Sport Liquid Platinum vs my 2013 GS F sport-img_9225.jpg   2016 GS F Sport Liquid Platinum vs my 2013 GS F sport-img_9226.jpg   2016 GS F Sport Liquid Platinum vs my 2013 GS F sport-img_9228.jpg   2016 GS F Sport Liquid Platinum vs my 2013 GS F sport-img_9221.jpg  

Old 01-01-16, 06:56 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I had an LP/Cabernet and loved the color. LP is a really special silver with lots of reflective depth. Your combo looks really nice too. Congrats!
Old 01-02-16, 05:36 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Here are a few pics to show the liquid platinum and red interior. Sorry I cannot figure out how to rotate the pictures that are on their side.
Wow! Love this combo as well. Now I wish I had a red interior even though it isn't offered on the Premium version of the GS.
Old 01-02-16, 11:17 PM
JayRo354
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Treat the new baby to a fresh coat of wax.
Old 01-02-16, 11:55 PM
KJD3
Driver

Not used to the power trunk - I impatiently try to lift it up but it stops me. I guess from what I have read online, the valet or guest driver modes will just alert you if the valet driver goes over a set speed or time limit parameter that you set. Anyone used that yet?
With the power trunk, I believe if you hit the button on the trunk twice it turns the power function off and you can open and close it manually.

I use the "guest driver" option on the app when I drop my car off at the dealer. I have it set for when the car is turned on, driven more than 2 miles, goes over 25mph, and if the car is turned on or driven past curfew (5pm-6am or whenever the service department isn't open).
Old 01-03-16, 08:40 AM
SKA430
Rookie

Originally Posted by dseag2
I had an LP/Cabernet and loved the color. LP is a really special silver with lots of reflective depth. Your combo looks really nice too. Congrats!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Sevn86
Wow! Love this combo as well. Now I wish I had a red interior even though it isn't offered on the Premium version of the GS.
Yeah the new one is a lot more red than the cabernet on my 2013 was.

Originally Posted by JayRo354
Congrats! Treat the new baby to a fresh coat of wax.
Thanks! Yeah I need to get her protected for the winter that's for sure.

Originally Posted by KJD3
With the power trunk, I believe if you hit the button on the trunk twice it turns the power function off and you can open and close it manually.

I use the "guest driver" option on the app when I drop my car off at the dealer. I have it set for when the car is turned on, driven more than 2 miles, goes over 25mph, and if the car is turned on or driven past curfew (5pm-6am or whenever the service department isn't open).
Thanks for the tip on the trunk! I will use that for sure.

A few notes - the regular audio (not ML) is noticeably better than the one on my 2013. Fuller, more sound clarity, more bass for sure. There is now a verbal "pause guidance" feature on the NAV which was missing on the 2013 and always frustrated me. Headlamp beams no longer raise and lower when starting the car - as a nerd I always liked that feature from the moment I saw them on the HID IS300 headlamps back in the day. I really don't LIKE the front end that much - agree with many that it is ugly from certain angles. The F sport IS250 grille looks much prettier to me, but oh well, it is what it is. All the laser cruise, lane keep assist stuff is pretty overwhelming. The damn thing will stop itself and somewhat nudge me back in the lane if I stray. In testing it out I must look like a drunk, weaving driver to others.
Old 01-04-16, 02:47 AM
Staggered3
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

For the life of me I don't know why they don't make the door sills illuminated... It's a very nice touch and should be standard... I fell in love with those on Jaguar XJ... Simple things... But I am definitely loving the way it's is setup and the color combo
Old 01-04-16, 08:46 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Staggered3
For the life of me I don't know why they don't make the door sills illuminated... It's a very nice touch and should be standard... I fell in love with those on Jaguar XJ... Simple things... But I am definitely loving the way it's is setup and the color combo
Illuminated door sills are optional on both the GS and Jaguar XJ
Old 01-04-16, 08:47 AM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Staggered3
It's how they get you to pay more. Most automakers make this as an option and yes, wish it was standard
Old 01-04-16, 09:27 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Yea the front needs some time to get used to.

Try playing with the angle when taking pics of the GS, it makes a really big difference on the pics.

Quick Reply: 2016 GS F Sport Liquid Platinum vs my 2013 GS F sport