GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2016 gs f & 2016 gs350 lease prices are here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-16, 06:37 PM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
History repeats itself over and over, little discount for a couple of months, then back to the 8-10% off MSRP. You get a good deal when you get the car out the door for the MSRP price, that is, in states where there is sales tax of around 8%

I said it in this thread just over 2 months ago
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...s-getting.html
Old 02-09-16, 08:58 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, I have till the end of March. Let's hope they level off a little bit. I haven't really found another car I like and fit in comfortably as much as the GS yet.
Old 02-09-16, 09:11 PM
y2tony3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fsportjay
Well, I have till the end of March. Let's hope they level off a little bit. I haven't really found another car I like and fit in comfortably as much as the GS yet.
I suggest you wait... I spoke to a few people and they said the best time to buy a car is at the end of the quarter... So end of March is perfect... Plus the only incentive now is $750 which is really nothing... I'm sure they will have better deals then... I am just an impatient person and wanted the car 🙈
Old 02-09-16, 09:14 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

I got an unbelievable deal on my 2014, hoping to do the same with a 2016 if the stars align. I wish HUD was a more common option on dealer lots, but I'll settle for a heated steering wheel and power closing trunk on my next fsport.
Old 02-27-16, 03:09 PM
maddave
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

My '14 gs lease is bout to end so pulled the trigger on a '16 cause the numbers were right.. couldn't beat my old lease but kinda expected due to the '16 refresh are still pretty new. Decent deal. F Sport, 15k, 36m, $597.. Zero down too. well first payment due at signing
Old 02-27-16, 03:46 PM
DVADER
Driver

Originally Posted by maddave
My '14 gs lease is bout to end so pulled the trigger on a '16 cause the numbers were right.. couldn't beat my old lease but kinda expected due to the '16 refresh are still pretty new. Decent deal. F Sport, 15k, 36m, $597.. Zero down too. well first payment due at signing
Nice deal! What was your msrp and color combo?
Old 02-27-16, 03:53 PM
jjskywlker
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you could please post details of the $597 transaction. Money Factor, residual, MSRP, Selling Price, Cap cost, etc.
Old 02-27-16, 05:14 PM
sbaldwin77
Rookie

I extended my 2014 GS lease and to be honest I'm losing interest in the new GS. That $597 deal you have seems interesting but I really don't exactly want to do this car again. sigh.
Old 02-28-16, 09:17 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by y2tony3
California... We pay up the a$$ for everything over here...

But I did call like 8 diffrent Lexus dealerships around a 50 mile radius and that's the best deal out there... About 4 dealerships told me if that was a true offer they were giving me i should jump on it
I'm in california. Haven't leased in CA in about 20 years but am contemplating leasing versus buying - in california a lease customer has to pay sales tax on the full purchase price as if buying?

I had thought that a lease customer just pays sales tax on the depreciation amount over the term of the lease….
Old 02-28-16, 09:53 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
I'm in california. Haven't leased in CA in about 20 years but am contemplating leasing versus buying - in california a lease customer has to pay sales tax on the full purchase price as if buying?

I had thought that a lease customer just pays sales tax on the depreciation amount over the term of the lease….
I thought we only pay the leased portion of it and if u decide to purchase at lease end, u pay the remaining tax amount.
Old 02-28-16, 10:39 PM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

I can confirm in CA you only pay the tax on the depreciation. You are renting the car, so you pay the tax monthly with your rental payment. If you move, your payment may go up or down (depending on the tax rate of the new city/county you reside in).

If you decide to purchase at the end of the lease, you will pay sales tax on the residual purchase amount.
Old 02-29-16, 08:13 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Originally Posted by bostonsnow

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I thought we only pay the leased portion of it and if u decide to purchase at lease end, u pay the remaining tax amount.
Originally Posted by Dustin2011
I can confirm in CA you only pay the tax on the depreciation. You are renting the car, so you pay the tax monthly with your rental payment. If you move, your payment may go up or down (depending on the tax rate of the new city/county you reside in).

If you decide to purchase at the end of the lease, you will pay sales tax on the residual purchase amount.
All U.S. states (except New Hampshire, Alaska, and Oregon) and Canada impose a sales tax (often called a 'use tax') on motor vehicle purchased by consumers. In the case of leasing, the lease finance company passes the sales tax along to the lessee, even though the lease company is the actual owner of the vehicle. However, the way it’s done can be quite different from state to state.

The most common method is to tax monthly lease payments at the local sales tax rate. This means you only pay tax on the part of the car you lease, not the entire value of the car. With this method you are paying sales tax not only on the depreciation amount of your payment, which is fair, but you’re also paying tax on the finance charges, which is not so fair.

The states of Texas, New York, Minnesota, Ohio, Georgia, and Illinois, require the entire sales tax to be paid up front, based either on the sum of all lease payments or on the full sale price of the vehicle, depending on the state. If a lessee decides to purchase the leased vehicle at the end of their lease the sales tax has already been paid.

Georgia now has a new up-front title ad valorem tax ('according to value') but no monthly or annual taxes. Georgia customers often choose to roll this up-front tax back into the capitalized cost and finance it with their lease.
Old 02-29-16, 04:27 PM
kchemist
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bclexus
All U.S. states (except New Hampshire, Alaska, and Oregon) and Canada impose a sales tax (often called a 'use tax') on motor vehicle purchased by consumers. In the case of leasing, the lease finance company passes the sales tax along to the lessee, even though the lease company is the actual owner of the vehicle. However, the way it’s done can be quite different from state to state.

The most common method is to tax monthly lease payments at the local sales tax rate. This means you only pay tax on the part of the car you lease, not the entire value of the car. With this method you are paying sales tax not only on the depreciation amount of your payment, which is fair, but you’re also paying tax on the finance charges, which is not so fair.

The states of Texas, New York, Minnesota, Ohio, Georgia, and Illinois, require the entire sales tax to be paid up front, based either on the sum of all lease payments or on the full sale price of the vehicle, depending on the state. If a lessee decides to purchase the leased vehicle at the end of their lease the sales tax has already been paid.

Georgia now has a new up-front title ad valorem tax ('according to value') but no monthly or annual taxes. Georgia customers often choose to roll this up-front tax back into the capitalized cost and finance it with their lease.
Just put down a deposit for a GS 350 F sport AWD with ML sound system. MSRP-59720 and selling price $53500. Thought its a good deal. Delivery in April hoping I can get a $1000 coupon from Lexus from a motor show visit. Do they give them away in NYC motor show
Old 02-29-16, 04:46 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

They gave the $1000 coupons at the LA Auto show, I'm pretty sure they would at the NYC one.

Originally Posted by kchemist
Just put down a deposit for a GS 350 F sport AWD with ML sound system. MSRP-59720 and selling price $53500. Thought its a good deal. Delivery in April hoping I can get a $1000 coupon from Lexus from a motor show visit. Do they give them away in NYC motor show
Old 02-29-16, 05:22 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

In MD we have to pay sales tax on the whole purchase price upfront as well.

Quick Reply: 2016 gs f & 2016 gs350 lease prices are here!