GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Should I come back to this 13 GS 350 for a second round!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-15, 07:45 PM
tliartis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I come back to this 13 GS 350 for a second round!

All,

I really enjoyed my first GS350. Would have liked F Sport but settled for Base. It was a lease and a local detailer really burned into the clear on the door, so I ended up trading it back in versus attempting to keep it. I have a BMW 335i, which I love, and it flies, but in moving from Florida up to the Pennsylvania hills I don't know if rear wheel drive is going to cut it!

I have workplace discounts with the below dealership so I'm sure I could get it lower. CARFAX looks clean and I could get an extended warranty or take a chance as Lexus' are definitely more reliable than my BMW! Let me know your thoughts on price and options

Thanks!

http://www.tristaruniontown.com/used...d4788e1307.htm
Old 12-10-15, 08:20 PM
CottageChz
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Having lived in PA my whole life... I think you could probably get by in your 335 IF you put winter tires on it and be somewhat careful in the winter. I could be wrong. But of course, AWD is going to be way better. I didn't drive my RWD BMW in the winter that much, so maybe my opinion is totally wrong here.

Moving near Uniontown? That price seems ok I guess... might be able to find better but I'm not sure. I don't think there are Lexus dealers around there, have to get closer to Pittsburgh if I'm not mistaken. But preowned prices are very high at the dealer I checked out in the North Hills. People will pay it in order to forego a trip to a dealer farther away, so they can get away with it.

I think after driving a few Japanese cars I'd be willing to chance it on a used that doesn't carry CPO, as long as you know how to inspect it yourself or take it somewhere for a pre-purchase inspection. I purchased my 2013 used with 37k, no CPO, and have been nothing but happy so far. I'm guessing the one you're looking at is still under manufacturer's warranty, but it could be running out very very shortly depending on purchase date.

Last edited by CottageChz; 12-10-15 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-10-15, 08:24 PM
CottageChz
Advanced

Just checked out the Carfax, looks like manufacturer's warranty would go through July 2016. Not bad.

Also, it looks like it was at the dealership I mentioned. Wonder if they had trouble selling it there.
Old 12-10-15, 08:59 PM
tliartis
Driver School Candidate

My current issue is that I love in Morgantown WV and my townhome is on a steep hill and I have to go up a mountain to work everyday to Farmington PA. I'm dealing with some serious climbs so it just has me worried. My employer has a deal with this dealership to get invoice plus factory rebates on any car so maybe they can go lower. I think this price minus 1 to 2k looks like a great deal to me
Old 12-10-15, 09:12 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tliartis
All,
It was a lease and a local detailer really burned into the clear on the door

A detailer cleaned it so much that he went right through the paint? Wow! Please explain
Old 12-10-15, 09:14 PM
CottageChz
Advanced

I see. Definitely very hilly around Farmington. And if you have to deal with a steep hill for your home, then maybe the AWD is in order, plus some snow tires on that couldn't hurt.

And I would have to agree that their asking price minus 2k would be a pretty great deal, minus 1k still good.
Old 12-10-15, 09:58 PM
tliartis
Driver School Candidate

He used a rotary to get a scratch above the door handle off and he said it created a white mark when done but it went away. Two months later I could see a lighter black spot there and tell he had eaten through it. Would have been a big problem later so I traded it in before that happened
Old 12-10-15, 10:13 PM
pander
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The price seems good, in Orlando at Lexus of Orlando that car with mileage would be around $35,000 and a CPO. So as long as it is clean and not damaged and clean if driven in the winters it should be good.
Old 12-11-15, 02:25 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That price is good. I'd jump on it, if it turns out to be clean/original.
At least for around NY
I've been looking at prices for a while.
Old 12-11-15, 12:33 PM
tliartis
Driver School Candidate

Ok.....I'm going to see the car tonight. The dealer said they were shipping it off to auction beginning of the week. Can anyone chime in on what that does for me negotiation wise? How much would the make off of me vs sending to the Manheim auctions? Thanks for the help in advance for the negotiation ammo!
Old 12-11-15, 06:00 PM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was curious why the 2nd owner got rid of it so quick, looks like that car had tire/brake issues and they dumped it.

At 34k miles:

NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE CUSTOMER REQUESTS TIRE ROTATION - DUE TO MILEAGE - IF TIRES WERE ROTATED SHAKE WOULD BE IN FRONT NO ROTATION

NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE CUSTOMER STATES FRONT END SHAKES AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS - NEEDS TIRES CUSTOMER DECLINED

NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE CUSTOMER STATES NOISE WHEN BRAKING WHEN GOING IN REVERSE - REAR ROTORS INSIDE RUSTED BAD - ROTORS WOULD BE TOO THIN IF CUT

Also, this made me lol:

NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE PLEASE TURN ON PARKING SENSORS - CUSTOMER REQUEST - TURNED ON PARKING SENSORS. BUTTON IS UNDER THE FRONT OF THE ARM REST.

Last edited by sivikvtec; 12-11-15 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-11-15, 07:58 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by sivikvtec
NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE PLEASE TURN ON PARKING SENSORS - CUSTOMER REQUEST - TURNED ON PARKING SENSORS. BUTTON IS UNDER THE FRONT OF THE ARM REST.
Lololololol that's the best. Can you imagine the techs face while typing that?
Old 12-11-15, 09:13 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
lmao!

Good find Some owners, I tell ya!

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 12-12-15, 07:34 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by sivikvtec
I was curious why the 2nd owner got rid of it so quick, looks like that car had tire/brake issues and they dumped it.

At 34k miles:

NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE CUSTOMER REQUESTS TIRE ROTATION - DUE TO MILEAGE - IF TIRES WERE ROTATED SHAKE WOULD BE IN FRONT NO ROTATION

NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE CUSTOMER STATES FRONT END SHAKES AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS - NEEDS TIRES CUSTOMER DECLINED

NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE CUSTOMER STATES NOISE WHEN BRAKING WHEN GOING IN REVERSE - REAR ROTORS INSIDE RUSTED BAD - ROTORS WOULD BE TOO THIN IF CUT

Also, this made me lol:

Originally Posted by yardie876
Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
lmao!

Good find Some owners, I tell ya!

~ Im2bz2p345
I'm told that one of the most common complaints from GS 350 owners is the BLUE light at the top of the instrument cluster must be broken because the light keeps fading in and out.
Old 12-13-15, 10:37 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Wonder if the "shakes" the previous owner was experiencing was due to the fact that this AWD appears to be lowered?

Quick Reply: Should I come back to this 13 GS 350 for a second round!