Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djrabbi
S3 is cute... for a girl

sounds about right
Old 11-26-15, 06:28 AM
mattds
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was REALLY close to getting a 2012 a6 when i recently bought my GS...but the GS was 10K cheaper and 1 year newer and nicer inside...
but the power of the 3T engine felt much stronger (i mean it has about 50 more tq) and it can be tuned to deliver around 450hp for a couple grande...) That particular car i was looking at had 20" wheels but no radar cruise which was a feature i really wanted....

in the end i did what i always do and bought the more reliable veh...one of these days i'm going to get the faster veh lol.
Old 11-26-15, 06:36 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Prinny
Not really.... the GS feels more like a family car honestly..
Feels like a girl's car. It's too small to feel like an actual family car

Last edited by NickTee; 11-26-15 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-26-15, 07:06 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

To me when getting a car, I want a reliable daily driver. I want to be able to wake up and drive it whenever I want without having to worry about it breaking down on me, especially leaving me stranded in the middle of the highway. I've seen this happened to a lot of German cars and my old Accord decided to light up its Christmas tree one morning and I got rid of it.

Toyota is the only brand that I feel comfortable owning and they have never let me down. 2 Corollas, 4 Camrys, 1 Prius, and now 2 Lexus, they all are going strong and I know it will start when I want it to.

Plus Lexus service is just the best! U walk into the service department like a king!
Old 11-27-15, 04:04 PM
wfibear
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
To me when getting a car, I want a reliable daily driver. I want to be able to wake up and drive it whenever I want without having to worry about it breaking down on me, especially leaving me stranded in the middle of the highway. I've seen this happened to a lot of German cars and my old Accord decided to light up its Christmas tree one morning and I got rid of it.

Toyota is the only brand that I feel comfortable owning and they have never let me down. 2 Corollas, 4 Camrys, 1 Prius, and now 2 Lexus, they all are going strong and I know it will start when I want it to.

Plus Lexus service is just the best! U walk into the service department like a king!
I'm there with you. Don't get me wrong folks, Audis are REALLY nice cars inside and out, comfortable, decent tech, great performance, etc., but they are rated lower in reliability for a reason. Most people probably won't have catastrophic issues and get stranded like I did w/ my A4, but even all the other little issues that crop up (electronics and so forth) can be exceedingly annoying.
Old 11-27-15, 05:11 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Originally Posted by wfibear
I'm there with you. Don't get me wrong folks, Audis are REALLY nice cars inside and out, comfortable, decent tech, great performance, etc., but they are rated lower in reliability for a reason. Most people probably won't have catastrophic issues and get stranded like I did w/ my A4, but even all the other little issues that crop up (electronics and so forth) can be exceedingly annoying.
Old 11-27-15, 06:03 PM
wfibear
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
[snip]
That right there, good sir.
Old 11-27-15, 06:11 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Originally Posted by wfibear
That right there, good sir.
Audi is just a smidgen better than KIA and Chrysler in reliability.
Old 11-27-15, 07:13 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Really depends on who you believe...

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/20/lexus...ty-survey.html
Attached Thumbnails Thinking... GS to S3?-reliability2.png  
Old 11-27-15, 08:54 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Well in either one Lexus is still on top.
Old 11-27-15, 10:05 PM
LexLuthors
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NickTee
Feels like a girl's car. It's too small to feel like an actual family car
In know way does it feel like a girls car, I went from a ES 350 to a 4GS and its such an upgrade in its ride and performance! My wife has a Toyota Sienna and I have the 4GS. I ride around with my wife, 6 year old, 2 year old and a double stroller in the trunk with no problems and we all have more then enough room. Not to mention all the toys that the kids bring in the car and the dog sometimes. Its a great overall car for the family and an excellent sport driver car. I love driving it everyday!
Old 11-27-15, 10:19 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Audi's are nice cars (when they don't break down).
But IMHO, they're glorified VW's.
And VW's aren't exactly great cars to begin with and nobody wants one right now.
Old 11-28-15, 03:59 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

To be fair I wont take out the reliability card. I feel the S4 is a step down interms of quality and tech. The only thing it got over the GS is power. But power is worthless if its front wheel drive platform. And awd doesnt fix the issue and the fact its still FWD. Driving dynamics of the GS is way better. Take the GS and S4 both to a real technical track and the GS will get the better lap time.
Funny thing one forum member said his GS had rattles and S4 is rattle free. Before I bought my GS I test drove an A6 and that car with only 8miles on the odo had rattles. My GS has ZERO trim panel rattles. What I am trying to say is rattles is not an idication of a bad car. Its an indication of how the employee failed to install body panels correctly which can lead to rattles. If its a deaign flaw then how come my GS is like a bank vault.

Now if the OP had chosen between a GS and a S7. Then I have to agree the S7 os a step up from the GS. With much nicer interior than a S4.
Old 11-28-15, 09:44 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
To be fair I wont take out the reliability card. I feel the S4 is a step down interms of quality and tech. The only thing it got over the GS is power. But power is worthless if its front wheel drive platform. And awd doesnt fix the issue and the fact its still FWD. Driving dynamics of the GS is way better. Take the GS and S4 both to a real technical track and the GS will get the better lap time.
Funny thing one forum member said his GS had rattles and S4 is rattle free. Before I bought my GS I test drove an A6 and that car with only 8miles on the odo had rattles. My GS has ZERO trim panel rattles. What I am trying to say is rattles is not an idication of a bad car. Its an indication of how the employee failed to install body panels correctly which can lead to rattles. If its a deaign flaw then how come my GS is like a bank vault.

Now if the OP had chosen between a GS and a S7. Then I have to agree the S7 os a step up from the GS. With much nicer interior than a S4.
Funny, I test drove a used A6 from an Audi dealer. The dash was lit like a Christmas tree, the ride quality was harsh and wasn't up to the level of price they were asking. I wasn't happy with it and told the salesman who took the test drive with me. When we walked back into the dealership lobby and I returned the keys, the salesman goes..."So, shall I start the paperwork now?".

/shaking head

Last edited by islandbeef; 11-28-15 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-28-15, 10:13 AM
ARM350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Besides ride quality the GS is a more calm car it doesn't have in your face technology.

Quick Reply: Thinking... GS to S3?