GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Windnoise Driver Side. fixed

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-15, 01:19 PM
fluxx
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Windnoise Driver Side. fixed

So I've been having some extra wind-noise from my driver side window when I am driving 50+ m[h. So at my oil change this past week, I noted this with my advisor and she said they would look into it.

Long story short I get my car back Wednesday and everything is taken care of, Windnoise is gone, aluminum side plates fixed and they even filled my tank. from 1/4 to full.

Flash forward to today, Friday. I noticed that my driver and passenger front windows had some stickers on them, noting that they were made in japan and only the car owner can remove them, I also notice there is a haze. I drove about 100miles in the last 2 days, mostly right at the crack of dawn and just before dusk. But today Friday it was ultra bright and I realized there was no tint on my front windows.

Lexus had actually replaced both the driver and passenger windows due to the excess windnoise, which to me is crazy, cause it really wasn't that bad. I called my service advisor about this issue, before I had releaized they replaced the windows and she said they should of re-tinted them and that they forgot too, so bring my car back in next week.

Long story short, Lexus is pretty awesome and I cant believe they replaced the windows for some wind noise. I honestly wouldn't of had them do that and spend all that money for something so insignificant, but kudos to them.

Old 11-20-15, 02:36 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Did your Lexus dealer have the window film installed originally? If not, how will they know what brand and type of window film to use?

I'm really surprised your service advisor didn't go over with you what they did.

How could replacing the window glass do anything to fix the wind noise?
Old 11-20-15, 08:29 PM
Tom450
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Could they have replaced single pane with double pane glass?
Old 11-20-15, 08:37 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

I'm sure they replaced the single pane glass with double pane.
Old 11-21-15, 06:56 AM
fluxx
Lead Lap

I'll have some party numbers when my advisor gets back into town and I'll post them. Sue went on vacation for the week.

Yea i am suprised they didn't say anything to me, but I've had the same advisor going on for about 8 years now, they are taking care of me and they fixed the issue. So I can't be to upset.
Old 12-03-15, 07:16 AM
slainla
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I brought my car in a couple of weeks ago for service and also mentioned the intermittent wind noise on the driver's side window while driving on the freeway. I thought maybe it was a bad seal or something. They ended up saying everything is normal for the 2013 model and recommended me getting acoustic glass that comes with the 2014+ models. I would have to pay out of pocket though. I just found this thread and am wondering if I should contact Lexus about the issue again.
Old 12-03-15, 07:46 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I would press it. Still under warranty? They should cover the replacement.
Old 12-03-15, 08:10 AM
slainla
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes it's still under warranty. I guess I should give it a try. Should I be calling the dealership or corporate? The interesting thing is that I was on a test-drive with a tech for another issue, and we got to talking about the wind noise. He brought up the whole double pane acoustic glass thing and said maybe it wasn't replaced because Lexus has lately been pinching its pennies in terms of warranty work. He wasn't the original tech that worked on the vehicle though, and my service advisor didn't mention anything else about the glass aside from it being normal.
Old 12-03-15, 08:42 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

If the dealership won't help you, then call corporate.
Old 12-03-15, 03:18 PM
BB11
Intermediate

They did what they should have. I bought the GS because of the lack of windnoise......i want it to stay that way. I traded in a 2015 with 6000 miles on it with windnoise that was considered normal. For what we pay for a GS it should stay quiet. You have a good dealer.
Old 12-03-15, 03:26 PM
fluxx
Lead Lap

I'm taking my car in this coming Monday to get my windows reminded I'll get the part number, they fixed my car and it's been 2 weeks now, Wind noise free