GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Need Help! Ultra White Bumper Insert?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-15, 11:53 AM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Unhappy Need Help! Ultra White Bumper Insert?

My car is lowered but always just barely clears Curb Stoppers, but a couple of days ago i pulled into a spot that had a a huge pot holeish dip that I couldn't see right where my front wheels were going to stop which basically slammed my front into the curb stop leaving me these ugly rashes on each side of the bumper, then today i noticed that insert had fallen out at some point.

A couple of questions:

1.) What is that insert even for? It is only on the drivers side of the bumper.
2.) Does anybody know where I can get a replacement?
3.) Should i try to touchup the rashes? I've heard there have been issues with the Ultra White touch up paint.
4.) If I fix the whole damn thing, how much monetary damage would you guess I did here?

Old 11-17-15, 12:00 PM
SPORTS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the Non F-Sport, that "insert" covers the tow hook for the vehicle
Old 11-17-15, 12:01 PM
Bartman619
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

1. That's the tow hook cover.
2. Can easily be bought from dealer. Needs to be painted though. If you're lucky it may be still on the ground where your mishap occurred.
3. Touching up will work. No one will notice it unless they get really close and get on their knees.
4. Easily, you're talking about $200+ for painting the whole thing.
5. If I were you use the touch up paint, or go buy the ebay front lip to cover it up.
Old 11-17-15, 12:08 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SPORTS
On the Non F-Sport, that "insert" covers the tow hook for the vehicle
This is a F-Sport.
Old 11-17-15, 12:15 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bartman619
1. That's the tow hook cover.
2. Can easily be bought from dealer. Needs to be painted though. If you're lucky it may be still on the ground where your mishap occurred.
3. Touching up will work. No one will notice it unless they get really close and get on their knees.
4. Easily, you're talking about $200+ for painting the whole thing.
5. If I were you use the touch up paint, or go buy the ebay front lip to cover it up.
Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately, the insert was still attached when I hit the curb. I would have noticed if it wasn't. Somewhere along the way, it must have popped out when I hit a bump or something.

Do you have a link for the ebay lip you are referencing? I would like to check it out.

Do I have to buy touchup paint from the dealer or are their 3rd parties that sell it?
Old 11-17-15, 12:20 PM
SPORTS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmtamu
This is a F-Sport.
I realize that this is a F-Sport, I have a Non F-Sport and was just pointing out that on a Non F-Sport this is the tow hook cover
Old 11-17-15, 12:31 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Dealer sells painted tow hook covers from the factory. It is painted already from Japan and u just need to tell them which color u want.

And buy touch up paint from the dealer, just tell them the color u want.
Old 11-17-15, 02:28 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

I called and talked to Park Place Lexus in Plano and they said that the tow hook covers do not come painted. They are $28 and then it costs $68 to paint them, but they will match them up to your car's paint. So they are going to keep my car for 2 days and it's going to cost close to $100 to replace it. The Service Manager said he would also give me some touch up paint for the rash marks. Could be worse I guess.
Old 11-17-15, 02:33 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I called and talked to Park Place Lexus in Plano and they said that the tow hook covers do not come painted. They are $28 and then it costs $68 to paint them, but they will match them up to your car's paint. So they are going to keep my car for 2 days and it's going to cost close to $100 to replace it. The Service Manager said he would also give me some touch up paint for the rash marks. Could be worse I guess.
No no!! I got mine from Sewell and they come painted, it even has the specific label on the packaging, it is painted from the factory. It has the unique barcode and everything, just like any OEM part packaging.

Give Sewell Lexus a call.
Old 11-17-15, 02:58 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
No no!! I got mine from Sewell and they come painted, it even has the specific label on the packaging, it is painted from the factory. It has the unique barcode and everything, just like any OEM part packaging.

Give Sewell Lexus a call.
Ok. I'll call Sewell. How much did they charge you for it? Park Place is saying they will color match the insert with my bumper and that even though all F-Sports are Ultra White, that they all have slight variations and if it's not color matched perfectly, it will look odd. Thoughts?
Old 11-17-15, 03:16 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Ok. I'll call Sewell. How much did they charge you for it? Park Place is saying they will color match the insert with my bumper and that even though all F-Sports are Ultra White, that they all have slight variations and if it's not color matched perfectly, it will look odd. Thoughts?
It was really cheap, like $20 something. Ask them for a discount.

The one I bought was color matched from the factory, can't beat that!