GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New Owner of GS fsport who can't leave something stock!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-15, 05:34 PM
gs350guy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
Congrats on the GS, love the wheels.. Enjoy!!

Originally Posted by buckets
Looking good. Nice and clean
Originally Posted by akcao
welcome to the lexus gang!
thanks!

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I wanna get 19x8.5 +35 Front and 19x9.5 +40 Rear.

U have +40 in the front and it clears the big front calipers right? I don't wanna drop mine though.
yes the +40 clears x9. BUT you have to consider the style wheel you get that makes all he difference in the world.

Originally Posted by islandbeef
Very good write-up and photos! Thanks for sharing. Your car being a daily driver and not a show car is refreshing, your mods are very tasteful and will serve as a benchmark for most of us.
thanks! don't get me wrong i love show cars! trust me. but i need something i can actually drive and not worry about. lol!
Old 10-22-15, 07:00 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

very nice!
i say we need more pics...

also, what are tire specs?
Old 10-23-15, 09:31 PM
gs350guy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 96SC4
very nice!
i say we need more pics...

also, what are tire specs?
thanks!

i have to take more. but nothing more special then what you already see.

but here is one more of the front.

specs on Falken 453 tires are 275/30-20 and 245/35-20s
Old 10-24-15, 10:34 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I miss my brakes being that clean!

When u installed the springs, the installer had no trouble with the AVS system? The rear springs are separated from the shocks so that won't be a problem but the fronts are not.

How many finger is ur wheel gap now? The stock is 3, which isn't too bad my old Camry has like 4 or 5.
Old 10-24-15, 11:15 AM
carlos3319
Driver School Candidate

When u installed the springs, the installer had no trouble with the AVS system? The rear springs are separated from the shocks so that won't be a problem but the fronts are not.

How many finger is ur wheel gap now? The stock is 3, which isn't too bad my old Camry has like 4 or 5.
AVS is in the shocks, it should not be affected by replacing springs. I have Tanabe springs on my car and the AVS works the same
Old 10-24-15, 06:53 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by carlos3319
AVS is in the shocks, it should not be affected by replacing springs. I have Tanabe springs on my car and the AVS works the same
Don't u have to remove the motor first before removing the springs? and turn something inside the motor when putting it back together?
Old 10-24-15, 09:35 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't u have to remove the motor first before removing the springs? and turn something inside the motor when putting it back together?
I have never heard this before. I want to put RSR Downs on mine. They are simple to install and they work with the AVS.
Old 10-25-15, 11:17 AM
carlos3319
Driver School Candidate

Yes you have to remove the motor first, but its a tiny little box that goes on top of the strut. You remove it from the engine bay. and it takes about 10 seconds to remove. You just remove the strut cover, then you see the motor box, you just twist ccw and take it off. And you don't have to turn anything inside. Just align a little notch it has to put it back on.
Old 10-25-15, 09:44 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by carlos3319
Yes you have to remove the motor first, but its a tiny little box that goes on top of the strut. You remove it from the engine bay. and it takes about 10 seconds to remove. You just remove the strut cover, then you see the motor box, you just twist ccw and take it off. And you don't have to turn anything inside. Just align a little notch it has to put it back on.
Hehehehe.. Thanks man, that is good to hear! I see another lowering springs in my future. For the back u can just compress and slide the springs out right?

Folks with lowering springs, any noise while turning in the parking lot and when hitting speed bumps? Any popping or squeaking?

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 10-25-15 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-26-15, 04:57 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by gs350guy
thanks guys. rx... at this time probably not. it doesn't look like it would be something i would want to do at this point. not to mention after looking at what needs to be done it looks like a PITA to do.

probably not. i have a front lexon front lip coming in today. maybe a roof spoiler or trunk spoiler and fab up my own intake tube. but other then that this car needs to stay basically "stock".

as for lugs i do love them! i run the regular R40 on my other car. did you tighten then down with the key? i personally never had a problem BUT if you are just dab a tad of blue Loctite on it and it should be fine.
Thanks didn't think about the loctite
Old 10-28-15, 08:07 PM
gs350guy
Driver School Candidate

as most of the guys said above ^^^^ it doesn't effect it at all. you only need to remove the fronts and they come off in less then 3 secs.

Hehehehe.. Thanks man, that is good to hear! I see another lowering springs in my future. For the back u can just compress and slide the springs out right?

Folks with lowering springs, any noise while turning in the parking lot and when hitting speed bumps? Any popping or squeaking?
nope nothing so far.
Old 10-28-15, 08:19 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

As for the rears u can just compress the springs and slide them out right? The shocks don't have to be removed right?
Old 10-28-15, 08:19 PM
gs350guy
Driver School Candidate

well here are photos of the Lexon splitter/lip. if i get a chance it will go on this weekend.

in general the part is a very nice part. just temporarily lining it up it matches right on! the design is well thought out. i give it a nine out of ten for a FRP part.

it loses one point because the finish. but those issues are very typical for a FRP part. IMO probably would be better if it was repainted. BUT i just ended up buffing it out and it looks fine. there were also few flaws like scratches but most of it you won't be able to see anyways since it sits so low... and really anyone who needs to critique your car on their hand and knees doesn't need to be your friend. lol!

i'll post photos when it is on the car.
Old 10-29-15, 12:58 AM
Flexus_GS
Driver School Candidate

Really loving the wheels. Gives you a resemblance of the F-Sport design on the IS but a lot cleaner and great finish.
Old 10-29-15, 07:27 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by gs350guy
well here are photos of the Lexon splitter/lip. if i get a chance it will go on this weekend.

in general the part is a very nice part. just temporarily lining it up it matches right on! the design is well thought out. i give it a nine out of ten for a FRP part.

it loses one point because the finish. but those issues are very typical for a FRP part. IMO probably would be better if it was repainted. BUT i just ended up buffing it out and it looks fine. there were also few flaws like scratches but most of it you won't be able to see anyways since it sits so low... and really anyone who needs to critique your car on their hand and knees doesn't need to be your friend. lol!

i'll post photos when it is on the car.

Yes the fitment is excellent & the look of the Front Lip/Spoiler is a thing of beauty..... & it would a 10 if it was Carbon Fiber....

Quick Reply: New Owner of GS fsport who can't leave something stock!