GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

2016 GS F Product Information & Base Price $85,380 **

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-15, 09:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Looks like Moonroof is Standard on the GS F...!!!

Below verified on Lexus .com http://www.lexus.com/models/GSF

Joe Z
especially with the pricing list from cars.com (or something like that) i think the pricing is pretty solid already

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
Wondering if this will compete with the Mercedes C63? I just optioned out one to my liking.
Lunar blue
Stock 18"wheels for comfort
Black red pepper NAPA upholstery
Driver assistance package
Driver Assistance Code, DISTRONIC PLUS w/Steering Assist, BAS PLUS w/Cross Traffic Assist, Collision Mitigation System Rear, PRE-SAFE Plus w/Pedestrian Recognition, Active Lane Keeping Assist, Active Blind Spot Assist

AMG performance exhaust
Rear view camera
Illuminated star(Geeky I know)
Linden wild trim
$76k

I declined
Heads up display ($1k. Damn annoying to me)
Amg Super seats($2.5k Very nice looking though)
Manual rear seat window shade ($350)
ALL carbon fiber. Not a fan of it. ($2k option)

The 469-hp 4.0-liter twin-turbo V-8 with a 4 sec flat 0-60. Not bad

Which is on par with Lexus N/A engine. What do you guys think? Is Lexus trying to compete with the C63 AMG?
i have always said the way it is, the gsf seems more like a m3/c63 fighter. and honestly in that sense the gsf seems to offer more space, tech, and quality for a bit more price
Old 11-21-15, 10:58 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i have always said the way it is, the gsf seems more like a m3/c63 fighter. and honestly in that sense the gsf seems to offer more space, tech, and quality for a bit more price
Problem is it offers less performance for much higher price than M3 / C63.
As u know most ppl lease these cars and tend to order them to their specific spec as far as colors/options. None of these are strong points of the GSF so not sure who the target market is at this point.
Old 11-21-15, 09:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
As u know most ppl lease these cars and tend to order them to their specific spec as far as colors/options. None of these are strong points of the GSF so not sure who the target market is at this point.
i think it all depends on what ppl want. less performance, sure. but i do know ppl who think m3 is a bit small for them and they can't fork out m5 money.

and in terms of ordering actually i don't entirely agree. a big portion of m and amg cars are bought (leased) off the lot, not from custom order
Old 11-22-15, 11:05 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Less". Putting aside price to be fair I think except for the 1%(?) of those who track the car it's going to be a fine around towner.
Old 11-23-15, 08:11 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

I never saw the two in a comparison. How do you figure the m3 is a better performer? Do people really track 4-door 80k sedans like that and say they wish they had an M3?
Old 11-24-15, 11:56 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

ES
Width: 5 ft. 11.7 in. (71.7 in.)
Height: 4 ft. 9.1 in. (57.1 in.)
Length: 16 ft. 1.3 in. (193.3 in.)
Wheel Base: 9 ft. 3 in. (111 in.)
Interior Measurements
Front Head Room: 37.5 in.
Front Hip Room: 54.8 in.
Front Leg Room: 41.9 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 57.6 in.
Rear Hip Room: 53.8 in.
Rear Head Room: 37.5 in.
Rear Leg Room: 40.0 in.

2016 GSF
Width: 6 ft. 0.6 in. (72.6 in.)
Height: 4 ft. 8.7 in. (56.7 in.)
Length: 16 ft. 1.5 in. (193.5 in.)
Wheel Base: 9 ft. 4.2 in. (112.2 in.)
Interior Measurements
Front Head Room: 38.9 in.
Front Hip Room: 54.4 in.
Front Leg Room: 40.6 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 57.2 in.
Rear Hip Room: 54.2 in.
Rear Head Room: 37.8 in.
Rear Leg Room: 32.8 in.
Rear Shoulder Room: 55.7 in.

How could this GS have a nearly identical wheel base & be longer by couple inches have so little leg room? Even current ones. Any guesses? Is it the TVD? Extra room for the V6?
I sat in the Camry and had lots of knee room on the level of LS almost once the seat up front was adjusted. I just don't get it.

Last edited by rxonmymind; 11-24-15 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-24-15, 12:43 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

especially with the pricing list from cars.com (or something like that) i think the pricing is pretty solid already

At this price point throw in the Audi S7 too. Zoom past that and the Audi S8 begins at $114k.
Old 11-24-15, 02:06 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

How could this GS have a nearly identical wheel base & be longer by couple inches have so little leg room? Even current ones. Any guesses? Is it the TVD? Extra room for the V6?
I sat in the Camry and had lots of knee room on the level of LS almost once the seat up front was adjusted. I just don't get it.
That's due to the differences between the FWD and RWD architecture. The biggest factor being the transmission tunnel and differential in the RWD GS that is not there in the ES. The GS-F has even less leg space due to the TVD.
Old 11-24-15, 05:50 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yardie876
That's due to the differences between the FWD and RWD architecture. The biggest factor being the transmission tunnel and differential in the RWD GS that is not there in the ES. The GS-F has even less leg space due to the TVD.
Got it. Thanks.
Old 11-25-15, 05:30 AM
iggyhop9
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Why doesn't the RC suffer from the same TVD issue? The regular RC and RC F both have 27.3 inches in rear legroom. Or do you reckon a normal GS F without TVD(which they don't make) would still have the same amount of rear legroom?
Old 11-25-15, 05:58 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by iggyhop9
Why doesn't the RC suffer from the same TVD issue? The regular RC and RC F both have 27.3 inches in rear legroom. Or do you reckon a normal GS F without TVD(which they don't make) would still have the same amount of rear legroom?
Well my official answer is I don't know, lol. But I assume the engineers had the TVD in mind when hodgepodging the RC chassis together so they probably left the space for it from the get go.
Old 11-25-15, 01:03 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Well my official answer is I don't know, lol. But I assume the engineers had the TVD in mind when hodgepodging the RC chassis together so they probably left the space for it from the get go.
I wonder if the less legroom is due to size of front seats rather than suspension components.

In the RC, the RC200t/350 have 60/40 folding rear seats, where the RCF loses this feature due to extra bracing.
Old 11-25-15, 02:20 PM
bocahoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Less". Putting aside price to be fair I think except for the 1%(?) of those who track the car it's going to be a fine around towner.
For me I think it's almost the opposite. For people who are going to track their car, the responsiveness and linear power delivery of the GS-F's naturally aspirated, high revving V8 will probably provide for a very rewarding / engaging track experience. Driving around town however, the GS-F's substantial torque deficit will make its performance seem anemic in comparison to the turbocharged M and AMG offerings. I would guess you'd need to keep the GS-F above 4,500-5,000 RPM's to unlock its power. That's not typical "around town" driving.
Old 11-27-15, 02:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

At this price point throw in the Audi S7 too. Zoom past that and the Audi S8 begins at $114k.
are you saying this jsut because the s7 has a starting price of 83k which seems to be very close to the starting price of the gsf? are you still that caught up with "starting price" when in reality it's really hard to be used for comparison? i say build a comparably optioned s7 as the gsf then we have a better idea
Old 11-27-15, 10:14 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

are you saying this jsut because the s7 has a starting price of 83k which seems to be very close to the starting price of the gsf? are you still that caught up with "starting price" when in reality it's really hard to be used for comparison? i say build a comparably optioned s7 as the gsf then we have a better idea
Here you go. Configure it to your liking

http://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-s...DQDP8v5_TgAAAA
My build with following options checked....

Sepang Blue pearl $575
Comfort Sport seats in Black Valcona leather seating surfaces $1950
Comfort Sport seats in Black Valcona leather seating surfaces $500
Cold weather package Heated seats & steering wheel $500
Driver Assistance plus package

Audi active lane assist
Corner view (front, rear) camera system
High beam assistant
Audi pre sense® plus
Audi adaptive cruise control with stop & go $2450

Individual Contour Seating package
4-way lumbar support
Comfort Sport seats
Electric seat adjustment for both front seats with memory system
Front seat ventilation and massage $1950

S7 sport package

Sport exhaust system
Dynamic steering
Rear axle differential Torque Vectoring $3500
I APPRECIATE the fact Audi will allow you to opt out
of the DTV and sport exhaust. I'll never track this car
so I don't think I'll be missing it as I won't be pushing it to it's limit.
Also possibly quieter exhaust? That will be better for me.

Power closing (soft) doors $500
Rear side air bag $350

Total $93K

W/O The S7 sports package $89.5K

I omitted the B&O sound system as I would prefer to install my own. Keeps the $$$ in the local economy and all that. Beside I have speakers I love for that price. Focal Utopia's, Sinfoni Amplifiers..

No leather roofs or night vision. Nice but no thanks.

Then for those who can reach a tiny bit further into their wallet there is this..
16 leather choices, stitching, paint...

"The Audi exclusive Custom Program (interior) is available on the following models: RS 5, A6, S6, A7, S7, RS 7, A8, S8, and R8.
The Audi exclusive Custom Program (special exterior paint) is available on all Audi models available in the US.
Audi exclusive limited editions are available on the S4, A6, S6, A7, S7, RS 5 Coupe and RS 7.
Audi exclusive line is available on the A4, A5 Coupe, A5 Cabriolet and Q5."

http://www.audiusa.com/technology/design/Audi-exclusive

The best...
"a custom paint program that allows customers to choose just about any color they can imagine." Solid.

Last edited by rxonmymind; 11-27-15 at 02:30 PM.

Quick Reply: 2016 GS F Product Information & Base Price $85,380 **