GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

2016 GS F Product Information & Base Price $85,380 **

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-15, 07:09 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by MEAHT
You can Hellcat all the hell you want but what about the other 99% of the time when you're driving normally and not riding the throttle? I'd rather have a Lexus.

Let's see how long that Hellcat will last, how the handling is and how comfortable it is to sit inside.

No comparison.
You might be surprised how nice the Charger and its cousins are. I've driven a Callenger Hellcat. I'm not going to argue if it's as nice as a Lexus or not. But it's damn comfortable and a very nice car. And this is coming from a guy who has owned two GS350s and zero Chrysler products. I'd take the Hellcat all day long.
Old 11-16-15, 08:52 AM
val91
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
You might be surprised how nice the Charger and its cousins are. I've driven a Callenger Hellcat. I'm not going to argue if it's as nice as a Lexus or not. But it's damn comfortable and a very nice car. And this is coming from a guy who has owned two GS350s and zero Chrysler products. I'd take the Hellcat all day long.
Was just wondering have you driven the GS-F before?
Old 11-16-15, 10:08 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Trek
What the heck happened to Lexus? They've gone stupid. This car will not sell at 85K+. Guaranteed. Maybe this is Lexus' idea of a joke. The GSF is 150hp short of being worth 85K. As a 4GS owner, I can only shake my head at how laughable this is. It will be discontinued within 3 years. There won't be a second generation of the GSF. You can take that to the bank.

65K will get you a loaded Dodge Charger HELLCAT-- 707HP and 3.4, 0 to 60, and four doors and five seats to haul the family.

I have to say I agree, they priced the GS-F too high at 85K, offering a base at low to mid 70's would have made much more sense. This is Lexus's first move into the mid sized performance sedan arena, they are short on hp and performance, it is unique in being lighter and offering a NA engine but I think if they want some decent sales and buzz they should have offered it at a lower price and made it more of a bargain. Out the door price is going to be over 90K for pretty much all of them, maybe closer to or over 100K for many, that is just way too expensive for a mid sized Lexus or what the GS-F is offering.
Old 11-16-15, 11:07 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Again. The price of $85 is essentially pretty loaded up. Unless you want orange brakes or ML...$85 should get you out the door.
Old 11-16-15, 11:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
Let me ask you this. If I recently saw a new 2015 RC-F go for 59K and was quoted at a dealership $63k where did the extra 25K go? That's $25,000 LARGE for two extra doors.
Break it down for me so I might understand where the extra $$$$$ went. Please don't give me the aesthetic or value argument as that's the norm for Lexus. Where is the extra hardware or other factors you can point to to justify this increase.
well to be fair we don't know how much the gsf will be discounted, so it's not a fair comparison with the rcf where it's heavily discounted right now

keep in mind though i am not in favor of the gsf pricing, i am just saying the comparison is off
Old 11-16-15, 12:56 PM
Beer4me
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this car was $10k less, I think 75K would be perfect for what this car is/has vs the competition. $85 is a bit much, granted it's going to be a limited production run. I also think, much like the IS-F, this car won't be around for too many years.
Old 11-16-15, 02:11 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Always thought the RC-F is the IS-F replacement...
Old 11-16-15, 03:17 PM
Beer4me
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Maybe, but the RC-F is based on a whole new design/chassis, so to me, it's a new model. Not a new IS-F.
Old 11-16-15, 04:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Beer4me
If this car was $10k less, I think 75K would be perfect for what this car is/has vs the competition. $85 is a bit much, granted it's going to be a limited production run. I also think, much like the IS-F, this car won't be around for too many years.
you mean the starting price? if so then i agree. i always say if they start at 75 and fully loaded at 85 (or now 88), it would be a lot more attractive. 75 starting price means the car is a lot less optioned than it is now at 85.

Originally Posted by jtrue28
haha imho 2 door can never replace 4 door.
Old 11-16-15, 11:08 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
well to be fair we don't know how much the gsf will be discounted, so it's not a fair comparison with the rcf where it's heavily discounted right now

keep in mind though i am not in favor of the gsf pricing, i am just saying the comparison is off
OK. Fair enough. How much more is it than the regular GS?
Old 11-17-15, 07:42 AM
Jrocket
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2015 M4 on lease for 2 more years.

I have been following this forum (for quite some time - Original IS300 Owner) But have been following the GS-F since it surfacing on the Net..

It is probably one of my favorite sport sedans.

I am a sucker for the Maserati Ghiblis Looks and sounds but that interior and reliability

I really dig the design , the interior etc.. I do agree it is a bit underpowered. But besides that I have a feeling the car is going to be Rock Solid and an Excellent Midsize performance sedan that does more than enough for me.

My ( Yas Marnia Blue) M4 is a Beast but I rarely get to unleash all of its power.. I know after I have my fun Its back to a sedan for me... Coupes are just too impractical even with my wife owning an Suv... But as far as Coupes Go I still think its one of the Best looking on the market in the 65-85k range Period!

Once turning in my Lease I do plan to Purchase a GS-F but only if the price falls a bit.

My M4 was 78k and I was able to negotiate the lease at 74k and the car is fully loaded minus the CCB's.

I wont flinch to buy the GS F if I can pick it up around 75k-77k... But at 85k there are simply too many choices out there and I don't believe this is a 85-90k dollar sedan.

Time will Tell and luckily I have some time to see what happens with pricing and any slight modification Lexus makes after the first model year.

Looking forward to those that pick one up and post pictures / in depth reviews etc...

Can't wait for these to start hitting dealerships!
Old 11-17-15, 01:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
OK. Fair enough. How much more is it than the regular GS?
i will only say a loaded rcf is just over 80k and a fully loaded gsf is right under 88k
Old 11-17-15, 07:29 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With this news, my next car will be a M5. It's been fun Lexus.
Old 11-17-15, 09:08 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Curious how much they will price the new LS if, maybe, they put a 500hp engine in it? $145K? If this is any sign, it will be a disaster.
Old 11-17-15, 09:17 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

So the GSF has less legroom both in the front and rear? Dafuqq?!

Quick Reply: 2016 GS F Product Information & Base Price $85,380 **