GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

2016 GS F Product Information & Base Price $85,380 **

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-15, 08:24 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

They won't move anything. If one would spend $85K on a Lexus, better to get a loaded LS.

I foresee another huge price drop on this one after a while.
Old 10-15-15, 08:36 AM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

then it gives me another year to save up and buy one hopefully at a huge discount...
Old 10-15-15, 08:47 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
"Two extra doors for 20k".
That's funny.
10K per door....lol
Old 10-15-15, 08:52 AM
iggyhop9
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
They won't move anything. If one would spend $85K on a Lexus, better to get a loaded LS.

Another? When's the first price drop?
Old 10-15-15, 08:54 AM
iggyhop9
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kamlung
then it gives me another year to save up and buy one hopefully at a huge discount...
You and me both brotha
Old 10-15-15, 09:08 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

$100k in L.A. for the first year LOL.
Old 10-15-15, 09:24 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iggyhop9
Another? When's the first price drop?
I'm referring to the RCF drop. It's scary to see how many RCFs I see on my dealer's lot and they're just rotting in there along with the RC 350s.

The GSF will go down the same road as the RCF again.
Old 10-15-15, 10:05 AM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

you know they wont give any deals on this car as soon as it comes out, either full pop or over sticker, and thats y u wait then they will drop the price to sell, I will wait for it, just to make sure everything is good, then jump on it and what if in 3 years they do a Turbo or add more HP.
Old 10-15-15, 10:06 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

wonder if they'll break out the sales
Old 10-15-15, 10:15 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Give it at least 6 months. These aren't iPhones, so nobody will be lining up for them.
Old 10-15-15, 11:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
My thinking is this:
RCF is M4 competitor that uses part of GS chassis
GSF is M3 competitor because it has same engine as RCF and not anything new was really engineered for it. So why am i gonna pay a premium of $10k? For a larger NAV screen and some better plastics - come on. Plus a regular GS is priced on the level of a 3 series anyway.

CTS-V, M5, E63, RS7 - none of these cars share engines with the lower models i.e. M3/4, C63, ATS-V, RS5 therefore they can ask for a large price premium.

Lexus has really no justification for pricing GSF higher than RCF, if anything it should be less as 4 door models are usually less expensive than the coupe versions.
again you are just looking at performance and ignore everything else. in that regard then there is no point for discussion. like i said, doesn't matter how you slice it, the gs is in mid-size segment and 3 is in compact size segment, there is a difference in the design, materials, features, and space. you can't deny those

i can't agree on the gs vs 3 pricing. from what i see a lot of 3 are in the mid 40s whereas most gs are 53k or above. i don't call that the price price level

i am definitely not saying the gsf is ok, i have a lot of problems with the car. i have said it many times that lexus is creating a lot of trouble for themselves with this car slotting it between two segments. it's really like in the middle of nowhere.

but saying the gsf should be priced the same as rcf or even lower is simply a very silly thing to remotely think

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO

that doesn't make sense. it's like saying the isf was pointless, people should have just gotten the gs

and that my 80k m3 was pointless, that i should have gotten a 550i.

very different cars
Old 10-15-15, 12:06 PM
lawdoc79
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=rominl;9217638]again you are just looking at performance and ignore everything else. in that regard then there is no point for discussion. like i said, doesn't matter how you slice it, the gs is in mid-size segment and 3 is in compact size segment, there is a difference in the design, materials, features, and space. you can't deny those

That's not true, but even if it was, isn't the draw of the GSF to consumers its performance? If I was in the market for a performance sedan and was looking at Lexus for what they have to offer in this arena, the only option is the GSF. In light of the fact that it underperforms against the M3, I would expect that the price to be competitively priced against the M3. Not saying that it should be the same price or cheaper, but at least in the same ball park. You can get a well equipped M3 for mid to high $60s. The cheapest the GSF goes for is mid $80s. A $20k or ~30% difference in price is a big difference; especially when you take into account the pedigree of the M brand. People pay a premium for performance versions of a vehicle everyday, as you yourself know. For example, your decked out M3 is priced in the same ballpark as the LS F Sport. So, just because the GSF is in a higher class than the M3, it does not follow that it necessarily has to be more expensive, and in this case, much more.

i am definitely not saying the gsf is ok, i have a lot of problems with the car. i have said it many times that lexus is creating a lot of trouble for themselves with this car slotting it between two segments. it's really like in the middle of nowhere.

agreed.

but saying the gsf should be priced the same as rcf or even lower is simply a very silly thing to remotely think

As stated earlier by another member, the M3 has the same motor as the M4 and is priced similarly. If we follow the same logic with Lexus, it's not very silly to expect that the GSF to be priced similarly to an RCF. There is only a $6k difference between their standard counterparts, so what's the justification for the $20k premium over the RCF, which itself is overpriced?

The bottom line is that I, and apparently many of our colleagues on this forum, believe that the GSF is priced too high for what you are getting.

Last edited by lawdoc79; 10-15-15 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-15-15, 12:08 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What has happened with the seats? 10/8 power seats? Did they completely eliminate 16/10 for 2016 or this is just a case of GS-F?
Old 10-15-15, 12:12 PM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl

the way i put it actually doesn't make the gsf cheaper or more expensive, but the way the pricing is communicated to customers
You certainly are correct there. It doesn't make the gsf cheaper or more expensive. And this is not new as they've done it on gs/gx. In public eyes, gs/gx start around high 40s. A fully loaded gs/gx can land someone in 60s. If gs/gx came loaded as base as in the new gsf, I don't think we would have seen that many gs/gx on the road. Lexus knows but chose not to do this on gsf. Someone may think 85k is way too much to ask for this car. Maybe Lexus knows that too. But as you mentioned, maybe they don't want people to have choices on this car. I certainly can relate and respect this idea.
Old 10-15-15, 01:07 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by DaSyce
I’m having trouble following the direction this thread is going.

The GS is always been a 5 series, E-Class and A6 competitor. When cross shopping cars, those who are looking at a 3 series would typically compare it to an IS.

GS-F seems more in-line with an Audi S6, comparing performance, cost and size. Lexus previously marketed the IS-F to compare to the old M3 Sedan.
Lexus has changed the GSF position in the marketplace by putting the same engine/performance thats in the RCF into the new GSF.

The engineering costs were shared between GSF and RCF - same engine, same transmission, same brakes, same TVD, same seats even. RCF uses parts of the GSF chassis. Therefore why is the GSF priced so much higher???

M3 and M4 share just as many parts between them as GSF / RCF and they are priced almost identically

Now if the GSF had a unique engine and other bits superior to RCF like M5 has over M3 then i can see why the price is higher.

Last edited by RNM GS3; 10-15-15 at 01:18 PM.

Quick Reply: 2016 GS F Product Information & Base Price $85,380 **