GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

I've had my GS450h for a week.. so many stupid things have some up.. question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-15, 08:32 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I've had my GS450h for a week.. so many stupid things have some up.. question?

Okay so I bought the car from Florida and had it shipped over here to SoCal. That was pretty much the only way to do it because there are hardly any of these cars and the ones that were close enough to drive to (few hours away) were way overpriced.

I got my car and mechanically it works fine, but the first thing I found.. sand ALL over the interior -__-.. Okay, that's fine because I can just clean that up.. Secondly, there's a noticeable dent on the rear bumper that I wasn't notified of or shown in pictures (damaged while being shipped probably). Okay that pissed me off so I've been keeping in contact with the general manager over that issue. They also forgot the shift ****(They just mailed it finally and it should be coming in today)

Lastly and the question that I have for you guys.

The key fob isn't an official Lexus key fob.. it's one of those third party ones and it didn't come with a physical key and the damn glove box is locked.. could I go to a locksmith and have a physical key made for the car so I can open the glove box? Or how would I go about doing that? I'm complaining to the general manager about that too, but I don't know if they're going to do anything about that.

Thanks guys!
Old 10-01-15, 09:35 AM
MH6
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

First thing I would do is put it on a lift, check things out underneath and give a thorough fresh water rinse of the frame and drive train. Sand in interior, most likely means beach time.

I would get a Lexus fob and have it programmed at the dealership and see if they can get the proper keys. Perhaps they will be able to answer where the originals are with the proper keys.
Old 10-01-15, 09:52 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MH6
First thing I would do is put it on a lift, check things out underneath and give a thorough fresh water rinse of the frame and drive train. Sand in interior, most likely means beach time.

I would get a Lexus fob and have it programmed at the dealership and see if they can get the proper keys. Perhaps they will be able to answer where the originals are with the proper keys.

The dumb dealership said they detailed it before, but it really doesn't seem like it. I'm getting it professionally detailed this weekend so that should take care of that.

The dealership wasn't a Lexus dealership, but I'm still talking with the customer service manager on that issue. They may or may not mail me another key. If they do.. then problem solved, but if not.. then yeah I'll probably have to go to a dealership and see what to do from there :/.
Old 10-01-15, 09:58 AM
MH6
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Understand now, well I hope these people do the right thing for you.
Old 10-01-15, 10:02 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MH6
Understand now, well I hope these people do the right thing for you.
Thanks, me too
Old 10-01-15, 10:28 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by Prinny
The dumb dealership said they detailed it before, but it really doesn't seem like it. I'm getting it professionally detailed this weekend so that should take care of that.

The dealership wasn't a Lexus dealership, but I'm still talking with the customer service manager on that issue. They may or may not mail me another key. If they do.. then problem solved, but if not.. then yeah I'll probably have to go to a dealership and see what to do from there :/.
That could likely become an on-going problem with service and warranty issues... Hope not, but it definitely could...
Old 10-01-15, 10:37 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

This reminds me, NEVER EVER EVER ORDER A CAR FROM ANOTHER STATE AND HAVE IT TRANSPORTED.

No shift ****, beach party time, dents on the car and no official lexus keys? How did you pay for such an expensive car and didnt go to an actual Lexus dealer?

hope you move past this (quickly) and get to just enjoy your whip.
Any pics?
Old 10-01-15, 11:01 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Okay so I bought the car from Florida and had it shipped over here to SoCal.
Are you sure it was shipped, or was it driven from Florida to SoCal by a couple of 17 year-olds hired by the used car lot? If it was shipped - was the car inside an enclosed trailer, or exposed? Do you know...did you ask beforehand?

Do you know if this car has met all the Lexus service requirements to remain under warranty?
Old 10-01-15, 11:08 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bclexus
Are you sure it was shipped, or was it driven from Florida to SoCal by a couple of 17 year-olds hired by the used car lot? If it was shipped - was the car inside an enclosed trailer, or exposed? Do you know...did you ask beforehand?

Do you know if this car has met all the Lexus service requirements to remain under warranty?

It for sure was shipped in an exposed trailer. Yeah, I made sure to ask beforehand and everything. The company is supposed to be a reputable company. Like both the shipping and the dealership

It's still under the Lexus warranty luckily.

Last edited by Prinny; 10-01-15 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-01-15, 11:09 AM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

A Lexus dealer should be able to cut you a mechanical key via the VIN. Bring your registration so they can verify ownership.

*Just a thought but some dealers will put important documents in the glove, lock it and mail you the mechanical key so the transport company cannot get to those documents. Maybe ask if the seller did that? Could explain why they only gave the transport company the electronic portion of the key.

Last edited by rijc99; 10-01-15 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-01-15, 11:17 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MEAHT
This reminds me, NEVER EVER EVER ORDER A CAR FROM ANOTHER STATE AND HAVE IT TRANSPORTED.

No shift ****, beach party time, dents on the car and no official lexus keys? How did you pay for such an expensive car and didnt go to an actual Lexus dealer?

hope you move past this (quickly) and get to just enjoy your whip.
Any pics?

Actually got the car from Florida lol. The dealership's called "Off Lease Only" maybe you've heard of it?

It was a lot cheaper than going to an actual Lexus dealer :/.. the only Lexus dealer (that I could drive to) that had the used car for sale was asking for 44k out the door lol.

But yeah thanks I hope this goes over well too.. wasn't expecting to have to go through all that.. Didn't bother taking pics yet because it hasn't been detailed and it makes me sad to look at it. I've got pics of the dent though -.-.

Last edited by Prinny; 10-01-15 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-01-15, 11:19 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rijc99
A Lexus dealer should be able to cut you a mechanical key via the VIN. Bring your registration so they can verify ownership.

*Just a thought but some dealers will put important documents in the glove, lock it and mail you the mechanical key so the transport company cannot get to those documents. Maybe ask if the seller did that? Could explain why they only gave the transport company the electronic portion of the key.
Funny you should mention that because the customer service rep that I spoke to brought that up and said that she'd get back to me on that some time today once they get more info on that. I really hope that's the case
Old 10-01-15, 12:05 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Update on the key fob issue. No other key fob was found or came with the car when they bought it from the auction, but the lady that I was talking to seems like they'd be willing to pay for another key fob plus the cost of programming and cutting. The only dealership that's willing to do it that's by my parent's house is charging $60 for programming and $75 for cutting a new key. Then a used virgin key fob online is like $100 or so or a brand new one is like $225 or something.

I wouldn't mind if they did that cause then I can just leave the other key fob somewhere and use it as a spare.
Old 10-01-15, 01:17 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Actually got the car from Florida lol. The dealership's called "Off Lease Only" maybe you've heard of it?

It was a lot cheaper than going to an actual Lexus dealer :/.. the only Lexus dealer (that I could drive to) that had the used car for sale was asking for 44k out the door lol.

But yeah thanks I hope this goes over well too.. wasn't expecting to have to go through all that.. Didn't bother taking pics yet because it hasn't been detailed and it makes me sad to look at it. I've got pics of the dent though -.-.
I've head/ read about Off Lease Only. They seem to have low prices on cars when comparing nationwide. I actually not surprised you didn't get a key and the car has minor damage. Some of the cars listed for sale seem like they were used rough. I personally would never buy a car sight unseen let alone a luxury car like a Lexus. Anyways I hope the dealership comes through for you. Also post pics when you get a chance.
Old 10-01-15, 01:30 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sevn86
I've head/ read about Off Lease Only. They seem to have low prices on cars when comparing nationwide. I actually not surprised you didn't get a key and the car has minor damage. Some of the cars listed for sale seem like they were used rough. I personally would never buy a car sight unseen let alone a luxury car like a Lexus. Anyways I hope the dealership comes through for you. Also post pics when you get a chance.
Yeah.. I kept telling myself that too.. never would have thought i'd buy a car out of state.. Been waiting for a while and I got too impatient.

They had a few GS450hs in stock. The one I picked seemed like the best out of them because the other two were corporate cars and one of them had been in a previous accident. This one had the least extra features, but it was a personal lease and from the Carfax and Lexus service records; it was serviced routinely and didn't have any major problems. Has some minor scratches and paint chips here and there, but I had already expected that.

If they come through then it was worth the gamble. I'll post pics this weekend!

Quick Reply: I've had my GS450h for a week.. so many stupid things have some up.. question?