GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

I've had my GS450h for a week.. so many stupid things have some up.. question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-15, 02:30 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you don't get the keys or find out where are the keys at make sure you got proper comprehensive coverage because there is a chance that your car could travel to south or central America without any hustle. If that happens people who placed the car on the auction will be prime suspects.
Old 10-04-15, 04:33 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts

I wouldn't buy a used car sight unseen from another state unless someone I knew and trusted could go and check it out in person.
Old 10-04-15, 04:39 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Vladi
If you don't get the keys or find out where are the keys at make sure you got proper comprehensive coverage because there is a chance that your car could travel to south or central America without any hustle. If that happens people who placed the car on the auction will be prime suspects.
I was thinking memory wipe of existing keys and new physical locks to replace existing...

Having TWO keys out there for a car you own, could become an issue..

Joe Z
Old 10-04-15, 07:57 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevn86
I don't know why but I have a feeling you'll find what you are looking for (keys) in the glove box. One way to find out is try locking the car from the outside door handle. Does it beep and not let you lock it? If so your keys are inside. If your able to lock it then I guess they aren't in there.

Just checked today. Nope :/. Unless the battery is dead

Originally Posted by Joe Z
I was thinking memory wipe of existing keys and new physical locks to replace existing...

Having TWO keys out there for a car you own, could become an issue..

Joe Z

Can any dealership do that?

Last edited by Prinny; 10-04-15 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-04-15, 08:21 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Prinny
Just checked today. Nope :/. Unless the battery is dead

Can any dealership do that?
Yes...

But if the keys are in the glove box.. Then you might be in luck..

However a physical key blade was still used to lock the glove box..

I'm guessing the key you showed us doesn't have a working blade that slides out ??

If it's BLANK, that can me machined cut to your VIN to gain access to the glove box.

Joe Z
Old 10-04-15, 08:30 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Yes...

But if the keys are in the glove box.. Then you might be in luck..

However a physical key blade was still used to lock the glove box..

I'm guessing the key you showed us doesn't have a working blade that slides out ??

If it's BLANK, that can me machined cut to your VIN to gain access to the glove box.

Joe Z

Doubt it, but we'll see once I get a key. Probably by next weekend. Nope it doesn't have a working blade that slides out.

When I bought a used key fob from eBay I also had the same guy that I bought it from, cut the key as well so either that comes in first or by this weekend.
Old 10-04-15, 08:39 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Oh yeah.. something fantastic happened the other day too...

So I tried to screw on a license plate holder along with the paper plates just for now until I get the real ones after I go to the DMV.

The screws refused to go into place. I later figured out that the reason why they wouldn't go in was that the inside is all rusted. Didn't know what else to do and I was in a rush so I ended up taking an electric screwdriver because it was too difficult to screw in by hand to it. The right side went in fine after carefully doing it, but the left side.. the screw went in more than half of the way and then it got stuck.. and it's been stripped a good chunk too...
Old 10-04-15, 09:29 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Prinny
Doubt it, but we'll see once I get a key. Probably by next weekend. Nope it doesn't have a working blade that slides out.

When I bought a used key fob from eBay I also had the same guy that I bought it from, cut the key as well so either that comes in first or by this weekend.

What's on the opposite side of the key ring.??

Looks like a raised level of plastic for a key blade...

For the screw, vice grip it out..!!

Joe Z
Old 10-05-15, 08:41 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

What's on the opposite side of the key ring.??

Looks like a raised level of plastic for a key blade...

For the screw, vice grip it out..!!

Joe Z

A key blade is supposed to go in there I think, but it's empty :/. Took it apart the first day because I was curious. It just pops out and inside is just the board.
Old 10-05-15, 01:59 PM
1fuzzybk
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Prinny, sorry to hear about your troubles. Also, I'm jumping in late.
I looked at a few cars on line for Off Lease. There was a nice gray one that looked good in the web site pictures and was cheap so I called about it and finally got a condition report from Jay:

Condition report from Off Lease
How in the hell is this car a 9 out of ten? Were the other 9 cars they were comparing this to complete crap?

After seeing the report and all the pics and the problems / damage I decided not to go through this dealer. Looks like its also missing a key. I was also looking at a 450h from a Lexus dealer in Florida and this sales guy I was talking to said Off Lease gets the cars with Damage and problems so stay away.

Anyways...
So I ended up buying my GSh from a Toyota Dealer in San Francisco, they got the car from the Lexus dealer in Oregon. They said it was perfect, minus a few rock chips in the front bumper.
No! This thing has scratches all over it. It must have been parked in a parking garage and the owner didn't care as it was a Lease and just set all their $hi* all over this car. Trunk lid was terrible. I flew to SF, inspected, test drove & bought the car. When I got home with it I got the car buffed. The moral of the story is don't ever trust a Stealer.

Good luck and I hope this is all for your issues.

Last edited by 1fuzzybk; 10-05-15 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Speelnig
Old 10-05-15, 02:07 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1fuzzybk
Prinny, sorry to hear about your troubles. Also, I'm jumping in late.
I looked at a few cars on line for Off Lease. There was a nice gray one that looked good in the web site pictures and was cheap so I called about it and finally got a condition report from Jay:

Condition report from Off Lease
How in the hell is this car a 9 out of ten? Were the other 9 cars they were comparing this to complete crap?

After seeing the report and all the pics and the problems / damage I decided not to go through this dealer. Looks like its also missing a key. I was also looking at a 450h from a Lexus dealer in Florida and this sales guy I was talking to said Off Lease gets the cars with Damage and problems so stay away.

Anyways...
So I ended up buying my GSh from a Toyota Dealer in San Francisco, they got the car from the Lexus dealer in Oregon. They said it was perfect, minus a few rock chips in the front bumper.
No! This thing has scratches all over it. It must have been parked in a parking garage and the owner didn't care as it was a Lease and just set all their $hi* all over this car. Trunk lid was terrible. I flew to SF, inspected, test drove & bought the car. When I got home with it I got the car buffed. The moral of the story is don't ever trust a Stealer.

Good luck and I hope this is is for your issues.

lmao do you know what's funny?

That's the other car that I was considering. Thank god I didn't get that one. The one I have right now looked like it was in better condition than that one, but the guy that did the inspection gave it an 8/10 on all on the check list.

Sorry to hear about what you went through with your purchase. These dealerships are too much.

I may have gotten "lucky" with my current car compared to that one..
Old 10-05-15, 02:57 PM
1fuzzybk
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You did, that car was terrible! It's been there since June.

Cheers!

**Update**
Nope, just checked Cars.com, I saved this car on May 31st.
This car has been for sale for over four months.

Last edited by 1fuzzybk; 10-05-15 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-05-15, 03:01 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1fuzzybk
You did, that car was terrible! It's been there since June.

Cheers!

They just dropped it by $1000 a week or two ago too lol. Expect it to drop even more, but even then.. you've got a lot of repair work to do and it was in a previous accident on top of that and they supposedly have no idea where it was hit.
Old 10-06-15, 01:36 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

My Father has successfully purchased two sight unseen and out of state vehicles without issue, albeit both CPO from Porsche dealerships. On both vehicles, he had a fellow Rennlister local to the vehicle go and personally inspect it, something they refer to as a "Rennfax"; would be neat to do something similar here.
Old 10-14-15, 01:25 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

I really should have had someone come out and inspect the car for me.. Didn't think they had a service like that. I should have looked into it.

But anyways.. an update.. I kind of screwed myself over unintentionally.

The good news is that I got a new keyfob and they're cutting me a check for the whole thing which should come within 2 weeks or so.

Bad news.. they ended up contacting the shipping company because they determined that the car received the dent through the shipping process. The company sent them the bill of lading.. The problem is was that I had to have the car shipped to my parents house because I live in downtown LA so it would be ridiculous/impossible to have them drop it off somewhere around there. Also the shipping company could only do a noon time delivery....

So I asked my dad to sign off on the car when they get there. He wasn't able to due to work so he had a relative just sign off on it. This distant relative doesn't speak English and probably didn't know what was going on beside the fact that she had to sign something. That something was the bill of lading -____-..

****ing mad at myself for not thinking this through completely. Would have been better off having a neighbor or a close friend sign off on the car because on the bill of lading they didn't list off the rear dent. Granted it's rather small, but still.

So the dealership is obviously happy about it and they just told me to contact the transportation company. I emailed and started a claim with them, but I doubt that it's going to get anywhere.. I guess I'll just have to deal with it and write them bad reviews on yelp lol....

Small dent, but I wish I could have known about it beforehand.. there were other small chips in the paint scattered around, but those were listed.

Quick Reply: I've had my GS450h for a week.. so many stupid things have some up.. question?