GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Staggered Vossen Wheels and Tire Thread Life?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-15, 10:11 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Staggered Vossen Wheels and Tire Thread Life?

Hello CL,

I did a search but couldn't find anything pertaining to my questions. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, who knows. Anyways I placed an order for my new wheels yesterday and I couldn't decide if I wanted to go staggered or a squared set up. I ended up ordering Vossen CV4's 20x9 all the way around because I couldn't figure out how often I would need to replace my tires with a staggered set up. Plus this car is RWD. I would really like to have that concave look but with the amount of driving I do (100 + miles a day) I don't want to keep having to buy new tires especially the rears. I know I can rotate staggered set up side to side but what good will that do. My real question is for those of you who are running a staggered set either with vossens or any other brand wheels, what's your thread life like? How often are you replacing tires? Would you recommend I cancel my order and go with a staggered set up? God I'm so confused. It was already hard deciding what style to go with, then selecting a finish, and now I'm debating if I made the right decision. Also the shop ordered my square set with 38 offset. Is that correct? Thanks in advance for any input you all may have for me.
Old 09-26-15, 10:20 AM
akuma88
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didnt order from me -___-

all good man need pics when they come in
Old 09-26-15, 10:25 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,214 Likes on 633 Posts

Tread life really depends on what tires you use... can't really say to expect a certain mileage.

My stock Dunlops on stock staggered setup have 22k miles with a little more life left in them.
Old 09-26-15, 10:49 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by akuma88
Didnt order from me -___-

all good man need pics when they come in
Sorry man, I sent a PM to you just now explaining why. Btw your car looks amazing now!
Old 09-26-15, 01:14 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 95bat
Tread life really depends on what tires you use... can't really say to expect a certain mileage.

My stock Dunlops on stock staggered setup have 22k miles with a little more life left in them.
I realize tire brand, driving habits along with different road conditions makes a big difference in the actual mileage you can get out of a set of tires. I guess I was trying to figure out what other members here are getting off a set and if it's worth it to get the staggered set up.
Old 09-26-15, 11:01 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Where is everyone? I know almost all of y'all with aftermarket wheels are running a staggered set up. Can y'all please chime in? Thanks!
Old 09-26-15, 11:57 PM
lexesty72
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the cars I've owned are RWD with staggered set up and never rotated my tires. I just make sure the alignments are within factory specs even all of cars are lowered, and never had any problem with the life of the tires. I always use Michelin PSS and they have 300 treadwear rating so they will last about 25,000 miles before replacements.
Old 09-28-15, 08:48 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexesty72
All the cars I've owned are RWD with staggered set up and never rotated my tires. I just make sure the alignments are within factory specs even all of cars are lowered, and never had any problem with the life of the tires. I always use Michelin PSS and they have 300 treadwear rating so they will last about 25,000 miles before replacements.
Ok thanks for the info! So you are seeing close to what the tire thread warranty says you should get out of your tires. Thanks!
Old 09-29-15, 03:20 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Well tire tread won't be that great, expect about 10-18K on staggered wheels just the nature of the beast.
Old 09-30-15, 07:57 PM
UKNOWME
Driver

I got 20k and rear tires where done. I left the front on until 30k and they still had some life left. The rears have a negative camber stance to them and wear out the inside the most.
I wouldn't have it any other way though. If it wasn't staggered I'd leave it stock. I pulled my Vossens off and put the stocks on because my lease is up in 6 months. I dislike the stance so much I ordered yet another set of staggered wheels and tires just to change it up the last 6 months.

Last edited by UKNOWME; 09-30-15 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-01-15, 01:38 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UKNOWME
I got 20k and rear tires where done. I left the front on until 30k and they still had some life left. The rears have a negative camber stance to them and wear out the inside the most.
I wouldn't have it any other way though. If it wasn't staggered I'd leave it stock. I pulled my Vossens off and put the stocks on because my lease is up in 6 months. I dislike the stance so much I ordered yet another set of staggered wheels and tires just to change it up the last 6 months.
Thanks for the feedback uknowme. It's a little too late for me now to change my order but I keep wondering how the non staggered set will look. God I hope it doesn't look tacky. I see you have the CV4's. Got any pics you can post?
Old 10-01-15, 08:59 PM
UKNOWME
Driver

https://www.clublexus.com/g/album/232449
Check those out
I pulled them off a month ago and had been using my stocks but just installed a set of Niche wheels today with new tires
Old 10-01-15, 09:05 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UKNOWME
https://www.clublexus.com/g/album/232449
Check those out
I pulled them off a month ago and had been using my stocks but just installed a set of Niche wheels today with new tires
Nice! What tires were you running when you had them installed?
Old 10-01-15, 09:10 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

The good thing about non-staggered is u can rotate ur tires so it'll most likely last longer than us with staggered, our rear tires will go out first.

BUT... Staggered looks sexier of course, especially with the more concave rear wheels.
Old 10-01-15, 09:32 PM
UKNOWME
Driver

Originally Posted by Sevn86
Nice! What tires were you running when you had them installed?
Nitto on the Vossens
Zenna on the Niche. Never heard of them but they were inexpensive and I wasn't looking to spend much. I road force balanced them at work and they took very little weight.

Quick Reply: Staggered Vossen Wheels and Tire Thread Life?