GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS broken into and things taken from fully locked car

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-15, 04:59 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,214 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
:The frustration of law enforcement had caused one of the biggest riots in recent years.

This is much BIGGER discussion that really needs not to continue here. Wishing the OP the best!

~ Im2bz2p345
It is really awesome how you derail the post with your racially charged bull***** then throw in a comment how the discussion needs to not continue here.

"Let me throw some gasoline on the fire, then tell everyone to smother it before it burns!"

If the discussion needs not continue, don't post to further the discussion to begin with!

Old 09-26-15, 05:47 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
It is really awesome how you derail the post with your racially charged bull***** then throw in a comment how the discussion needs to not continue here.

"Let me throw some gasoline on the fire, then tell everyone to smother it before it burns!"

If the discussion needs not continue, don't post to further the discussion to begin with!

I agree completely and my apologies to all. Mods, feel free to take my previous post over to "The Debate Forum." It's probably more best suited there.

Enjoy friends. Don't let my personal stance on an issue throw you off your chair

~ Im2bz2p345

Last edited by Im2bz2p345; 09-27-15 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-26-15, 08:32 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

To the OP, sorry about what happened. I hope you'll find a better place to live that won't put your car at risk.
When I used to live in condos with underground parking (back in the day), my neighbors with nicer/newer cars were always tampered with and broken into. There is no security.
Old 09-27-15, 09:23 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevn86
Sorry to hear about what happen to you OP. Like Yardie876 said, it not worth their time. Heck the Houston Police department is the same way. 4 years ago a 6 month prego lady hit me and the police made us wait in the middle of an intersection for over two hours and they still never showed up. We just gave up and moved our cars to the side. She gave me her info so I could claim as it was her fault and we also got the witness info and that was it. HPD is lazy. Yet across the street one block down we could see three cop cars in a restaurant parking lot and no one came out to help.
Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
+1

And this is why I hate the cops - they have no problem harassing everyday, law abiding citizens. They'll love to hand you over a ticket for going a tad over the speed limit, pulling you over if you don't completely stop at a stop sign, run a yellow (which they will argue went red by the time you crossed), harass you about your car's tint/exhaust/no license plate up front/etc. That's simply because it's so easy for them to collect revenue for normal citizens and doesn't put them in any danger.

They should be out constantly doing whatever it takes to track down criminals that commit grand theft. It seems way to easy these days to damage someone's car, jack their valuables, steal their tires, and the police just sit there with their hands up their butt.

Their salaries are ran off our hard working $$$, yet they don't give two $hi+s about you when you want them to investigate a matter & dig a little deeper (i.e. like when your boss pressures you to go above & beyond! They don't seem to have any of that pressure besides meeting their ticket quota).

Overall, this process of trying to get help when something like this happens to you and it just being tossed around like a joke/ignored is what leaves a sour taste in my mouth. "Not worth their time" is NOT an excuse in my book - at least show me that you're making an effort to do something about it.

/rant

So sorry to read about something like this happening to you OP! If there was any physical damage done to your vehicle, perhaps insurance could help you out, otherwise you're basically SOL on your valuables.

~ Im2bz2p345

To the Op, I'm very sorry this happened to you. This is the kind of thing that happens more frequent in large cities (you mentioned LAPD). Here is San Francisco it just got ranked for one of the highest break ins in the country. The old smash and grab is very popular. It sucks that you had a very special gift for your wife in the trunk and the timing of you having your items from your move in the vehicle also hurts.

As far as the 2 other commentators about the police, I am a public servant (not police. I do work with them on certain things and do know they do not come out to minor traffic accidents that are non injury. I realize many people want a report to give to an insurance company but fender benders don't constitute an injury accident ( even if a woman is pregnant) and is not hurt. This is once again the issues faced by large metropolitan police departments. I have also been what feels being picked on due to owning a modified car. All I can say is this....we ALL know most of the laws and we run the risk of being caught with it if we do get pulled over for something. i.e. tinted front windows (speaking CA laws), modified exhaust, db's too loud on exhaust, too low, etc. I've been ticketed for all those in my Honda days...not so much with my Lexus. Of course officers are out looking to get the bad guy, but you must realize that there are many divisions in a police dept and the detectives aren't giving tickets. Nor is the motor/traffic officer usually on a motorcycle fingerprinting things. Unfortunately the bigger picture is that we live in a society in which this happens way too often all over the country. That's the sad part. This promotes sales of stolen items because the criminals are looking for a quick buck. That is all.