GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS got vandalized last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-15, 05:40 PM
lexesty72
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not against the car you drive...now, it's personal. Go catch that car keying bastard~~good luck!
Old 09-20-15, 09:26 AM
TuckerE36
Rookie

Neither one of us has jealous ex's, I honestly think it was coincidence that it happened twice in the same week.

I test drove a 2016 VW Golf R yesterday and may decide to buy the Golf to have something more practical.
Old 09-20-15, 11:32 AM
Eis
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TuckerE36
Neither one of us has jealous ex's, I honestly think it was coincidence that it happened twice in the same week.

I test drove a 2016 VW Golf R yesterday and may decide to buy the Golf to have something more practical.
People will key new shiny cars, it doesn't matter if it is a Hyundai. Maybe an exotic draws more attention. I think it is cheaper to have some surveillance than to replace your Lexus with a cheaper car.

If you want to avoid keying, you have to get a rust bucket.
Old 09-22-15, 09:55 AM
TuckerE36
Rookie

Another update, Park Place Lexus called me and said I'd have to make a claim on my insurance for the loaner lexus getting keyed as well.... I'm going to try and talk to the service manager i know and see if she can help me out, this is insane...
Old 09-22-15, 10:03 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 110 Likes on 53 Posts

So update......I don't know what the heck is going on but someone keyed the Lexus NX loaner last night!!!! This is insane! I've never had a car vandalized before now 2 in the same week! Is there something that people have against Lexus?!

So this morning I called Park Place to inform them that their loaner car had been keyed, they said they'll make a note and deal with it when i return the car, didn't sound too thrilled about it but there's nothing i can do about this.

This time the Lexus was parked at my gf apartment garage which is also gated. I have a feeling I'm going to have to sell the GS when i get it back from the dealership...
Dude this is very personal.... Who knew you had that specific loaner....? Who knows where your girl lives & could gain access to both areas where ur vehicle is parked....? Did you possible not see the keying from when you left the place you reguraly park it...? Any chicks youve kicked to the curb lately or lets change this up... did you get some type of promotion or recignition @ work or maybe someone you can recall that is quit envious of your situation in life...? I know my questions may sound random but your keying is definatily not... feel me...

This is part of the reasom why I stay with cameras in & around my vehicles home & life!!! F@WK That!!!

Good Luck wth your mystery my friend!!!!!!

Last edited by KOOLFELLA; 09-22-15 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-22-15, 10:09 AM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KOOLFELLA
Dude this is very personal.... Who knew you had that specific loaner....? Any chicks youve kicked to the curb lately or lets change this up... did you get some type of promotion or recignition @ work or maybe someone you can recall that is quit envious of your situation in life...? I know my questions may sound random but your keying is definatily not... feel me...
I'd have to concur. Maybe not an ex of hers, but someone that likes her. To me, just way too much of a coincidence.
Old 09-22-15, 11:40 AM
TuckerE36
Rookie

Originally Posted by KOOLFELLA
Dude this is very personal.... Who knew you had that specific loaner....? Who knows where your girl lives & could gain access to both areas where ur vehicle is parked....? Did you possible not see the keying from when you left the place you reguraly park it...? Any chicks youve kicked to the curb lately or lets change this up... did you get some type of promotion or recignition @ work or maybe someone you can recall that is quit envious of your situation in life...? I know my questions may sound random but your keying is definatily not... feel me...
I literally have no idea who could be doing this. As for work, I work in a Level 1 Trauma ER working nights 7p-7a. No one at work dislikes me, we are all pretty close.

So upon taking photos for the service manager i know at Park Place I noticed a NEW (second) key mark on the hatch of the NX.... right above the NX200t emblem....Someone just hates that car, or knows me and keeps doing this on purpose...I might stake out and hide one night to see if i can catch who is doing this.

God help them if i catch them keying it while i stake out all night watching it. I will literally break both of their hands.
Old 09-22-15, 04:49 PM
Martin321
Driver

Another update, Park Place Lexus called me and said I'd have to make a claim on my insurance for the loaner lexus getting keyed as well.... I'm going to try and talk to the service manager i know and see if she can help me out, this is insane...
Lexus just wants to get paid for the loaner damages. They are telling you by books, what else should they say? Make sure if you make multiple of claims on your insurance, your insurance rate might raise big time. Depending on claims for sure. Might be better a quick fix at indie, instead of making an insurance claim.
Old 09-22-15, 04:57 PM
Martin321
Driver

Then again, maybe it is not a bad idea to call the cops, make a report...it has happened more then once, you need to come up with a plan. Why would anyone hate Lexus? Are there not other Luxury cars in your neighborhood? Do you live in a ghetto or a crime ridden area or a gang related block?
Old 09-22-15, 08:17 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin321
Lexus just wants to get paid for the loaner damages. They are telling you by books, what else should they say?
Not so much that they want to get paid, but that the car gets fixed. Why should Lexus pay to repair a car that was damaged while not in their possession? Say you lent your neighbor your car and they totaled it...would you just shrug it off and buy a new one?
Old 09-22-15, 08:59 PM
TuckerE36
Rookie

Lexus just wants to get paid for the loaner damages. They are telling you by books, what else should they say? Make sure if you make multiple of claims on your insurance, your insurance rate might raise big time. Depending on claims for sure. Might be better a quick fix at indie, instead of making an insurance claim.
I contacted State Farm and they assured me multiple claims would not increase my premium.

Then again, maybe it is not a bad idea to call the cops, make a report...it has happened more then once, you need to come up with a plan. Why would anyone hate Lexus? Are there not other Luxury cars in your neighborhood? Do you live in a ghetto or a crime ridden area or a gang related block?
I've already made police reports, that was the first thing that i did. As for where i live, it's not a ghetto part of dallas, it's right across from SMU, there are plenty of expensive cars around.

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Not so much that they want to get paid, but that the car gets fixed. Why should Lexus pay to repair a car that was damaged while not in their possession? Say you lent your neighbor your car and they totaled it...would you just shrug it off and buy a new one?
I understand, it's just crappy that it happened twice in the same week and that im having to make several claims. Could think of many other ways to spend $1K lol. I did go ahead and have the service manager order a car cover for the GS so that when im not driving it, it will be covered.

Thing is I also have a Nissan 350z that is parked two spots from my GS and it has never been keyed. None the less the GS will stay covered when it's parked from now on.
Old 09-30-15, 03:39 PM
TuckerE36
Rookie

So update... Finally got my GS back from Park Place Lexus yesterday and I must say that I am extremely disappointed in the quality of the repairs done... I sent a huge email to the service manager listing exactly what was wrong.

You can easily see sand marks in the base coat from when they sanded down the paint. The clear coat is very blotchy and not uniform throughout the passengers side. They scratched and scuffed up the top of the rear tail light as well as some of the chrome trim on the rear window....

Needless to say I'm pretty let down as i had high expectations from that dealership. So now i have to again return the car this friday morning and force them to replace the scratched tail light and chrome trim as well essentially repaint the passenger side yet again....

I almost just want to give the car back...
Old 09-30-15, 04:57 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

So update... Finally got my GS back from Park Place Lexus yesterday and I must say that I am extremely disappointed in the quality of the repairs done... I sent a huge email to the service manager listing exactly what was wrong.

You can easily see sand marks in the base coat from when they sanded down the paint. The clear coat is very blotchy and not uniform throughout the passengers side. They scratched and scuffed up the top of the rear tail light as well as some of the chrome trim on the rear window....

Needless to say I'm pretty let down as i had high expectations from that dealership. So now i have to again return the car this friday morning and force them to replace the scratched tail light and chrome trim as well essentially repaint the passenger side yet again....

I almost just want to give the car back...
You should have had your car repaired by a 'Lexus Certified Collision Center'. Park Place of Grapevine and Sewell of Dallas & Sewell of Fort Worth are 'Lexus Certified Collision Centers' offering the ultimate in quality repairs.
Old 09-30-15, 05:42 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

It takes a special kind of person to do something like this.

Please don't think this is a random crime, you are definitely being targeted by someone, someone who's either a girl or a dude who has female tendencies.

Its worth it to mount a camera on your car when you get it back and let the police handle the rest, trust me when I say this, the perp will be back.

Sorry to hear about your ****ty paintjob, it will probably take a couple of times to get it done right.
Old 10-01-15, 10:16 AM
TuckerE36
Rookie

Originally Posted by bclexus
You should have had your car repaired by a 'Lexus Certified Collision Center'. Park Place of Grapevine and Sewell of Dallas & Sewell of Fort Worth are 'Lexus Certified Collision Centers' offering the ultimate in quality repairs.
Well one would think that a massive dealership such as Park Place Lexus in Plano would be certified to work on their own vehicles...

Quick Reply: GS got vandalized last night