GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS got vandalized last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-15, 01:24 AM
TuckerE36
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS got vandalized last night

Have a 2015 GS 350 F Sport that someome thought it would be nice to go out of their way to key the entire passenger side of my Lexus...

Crappy part is i just rolled over 3k miles this past weekend... Car was in its reserved spot in a gated parking garage in the basement. Already made a police report and insurance claim...

Some people just have zero respect for others property... Will find out est on damage tomorrow at Park Place Lexus in Plano, TX
Old 09-17-15, 03:32 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow
that's horrible. sorry to hear.
people suck
Old 09-17-15, 03:47 AM
acotugno
Driver

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

My vehicle was vandalized as well 3 weeks ago. They broke a window and kicked the rear quarter panel in. This happened 2 weeks after I purchased it! Only 700 miles. Unfortunately this stuff happens. Hang in there - your car will be fine after it is repaired.
Old 09-17-15, 07:19 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 110 Likes on 53 Posts

Its quit sad when people cant stand when other people have nice things because they cant have nice things, Someone sliced my fiances RX mirror right before we traded it in a month ago, cut right thru the back of the mirror with something crazy sharp... & I caught someone rounding my GS like a shark a couple of weeks ago... i was in the security booth @ one of my jobs off site locations talking to a friend/coworker as we were both watching this dude as he looked in my car, then left, then came back then checked around 2 see if anyone was in the area, mind you my windows are dark & i don't keep anything visible in my car, & if i didn't make my presence known by starting the car with the App suite & running out there i can only wonder WTF would have happened!!!! Well besides me going to jail for beatin the dudes a$$ while in the act of vandalizing my car...

@ this point my friend all you can do is get it fixed & try to park in more of a visible parking spot... Good luck with everything...
Old 09-17-15, 07:49 AM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Wow it's rough down there. We just have careless people that swing their doors open and hit your car. If you're car gets keyed here, there is a good chance you pissed someone off good.

Mind you, my old truck did get punched in the back quarter panel on my driveway in the middle of the night - i hope it broke the drunk's hand...
Old 09-17-15, 08:18 AM
rog1206
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TuckerE36
Have a 2015 GS 350 F Sport that someome thought it would be nice to go out of their way to key the entire passenger side of my Lexus...

Crappy part is i just rolled over 3k miles this past weekend... Car was in its reserved spot in a gated parking garage in the basement. Already made a police report and insurance claim...

Some people just have zero respect for others property... Will find out est on damage tomorrow at Park Place Lexus in Plano, TX
Are there any cameras in the garage? Wouldn't want it to happen again after you get it fixed.
Old 09-17-15, 08:33 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

This is my only fear when driving an expensive car. These low lifes need to die.
Old 09-17-15, 08:48 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

What color is your car?
Old 09-17-15, 08:57 AM
dphu626
Pole Position

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts

Dude that's terrible. I don't understand why people have to vandalize other people's cars. I can feel my heart racing like it happened to my own car.

Somewhat relevant, my buddy has '13 ES. Somebody decided to poke in the rear bumper sensors. Now whenever he backs up, the sensors keep going off.
Old 09-17-15, 09:09 AM
Eis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dash cams - front and back- that are on when the car is off like Blackvue might have helped.

You could have caught the guy like the guy that keyed an Aston Martin in the UK.

I have seen dash cam videos of people keying cars. I am surprised that a lot of those people look "normal" - many of them male. However, I suspect that some of them are angry, hate their lives, their jobs, can't get it up etc., and want to take it out on other people's happiness, but they don't have the ***** to punch someone, so they damage someone's car. They are passive aggressive losers.

The problem is that people would key anything shiny, not just an expensive car. (The GS is not that expensive anyway.) I have seen Civic's with horrible key marks too.

Just be happy that you are a better person than whoever that guy is and will ever be.

Last edited by Eis; 09-17-15 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-17-15, 09:19 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Ouch, that's terrible. As a fellow resident of the DFW area, do you mind if I ask where this occurred?
Old 09-17-15, 09:22 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
This is my only fear when driving an expensive car. These low lifes need to die.
Amen to that!!
Old 09-17-15, 09:28 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KOOLFELLA
Its quit sad when people cant stand when other people have nice things because they cant have nice things, Someone sliced my fiances RX mirror right before we traded it in a month ago, cut right thru the back of the mirror with something crazy sharp... & I caught someone rounding my GS like a shark a couple of weeks ago... i was in the security booth @ one of my jobs off site locations talking to a friend/coworker as we were both watching this dude as he looked in my car, then left, then came back then checked around 2 see if anyone was in the area, mind you my windows are dark & i don't keep anything visible in my car, & if i didn't make my presence known by starting the car with the App suite & running out there i can only wonder WTF would have happened!!!! Well besides me going to jail for beatin the dudes a$$ while in the act of vandalizing my car...

@ this point my friend all you can do is get it fixed & try to park in more of a visible parking spot... Good luck with everything...

Had to do some research on this, but you could use force to detain the guy if you caught him in the act and the police would arrest him. If you used excessive force.. well, that could get you in trouble. Other than that.. self-defence right?
Old 09-17-15, 09:33 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Originally Posted by Prinny
Had to do some research on this, but you could use force to detain the guy if you caught him in the act and the police would arrest him. If you used excessive force.. well, that could get you in trouble. Other than that.. self-defence right?
True, & I thought about this..... but in all aspects of my life im pretty kool chill even laid back, but when it comes to my whips & people not respecting my space/car........ See Pic Below!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails GS got vandalized last night-img_0135.jpg  
Old 09-17-15, 09:37 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KOOLFELLA
True, & I thought about this..... but in all aspects of my life im pretty kool chill even laid back, but when it comes to my whips & people not respecting my space/car........ See Pic Below!!!!!!!

Hahaha for sure

Originally Posted by Eis
Dash cams - front and back- that are on when the car is off like Blackvue might have helped.

You could have caught the guy like the guy that keyed an Aston Martin in the UK.

I have seen dash cam videos of people keying cars. I am surprised that a lot of those people look "normal" - many of them male. However, I suspect that some of them are angry, hate their lives, their jobs, can't get it up etc., and want to take it out on other people's happiness, but they don't have the ***** to punch someone, so they damage someone's car. They are passive aggressive losers.

The problem is that people would key anything shiny, not just an expensive car. (The GS is not that expensive anyway.) I have seen Civic's with horrible key marks too.

Just be happy that you are a better person than whoever that guy is and will ever be.

Curious about the dash cams. Haven't done much research yet, but where to find dependable long battery life dash cams lol? Most of the ones that I looked up had to be connected at all times or have only a max of 1 hour+ battery life.

Quick Reply: GS got vandalized last night