boostinsc
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Very nice work can't wait to see the ls460 fogs built in
Old 09-15-15, 07:59 PM
Kayman
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get... never gonna be an F Sport for real. This reminds me of all the M Sport 525 BMWs wanna bes
Old 09-15-15, 08:08 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevn86
Very nice! I bought my 2013 GS about the same time you did. I have yet to switch out the bumpers and like you I went from buying an F Sport initially to just getting the loaded premium version. Saved over 4k doing that, and I plan to use the savings on new wheels, bumper swap and misc items. When I do switch out the bumpers I won't be adding any F sport badging to my car. Swapping out bumper covers doesn't make it a true F sport and most will consider your car a poser if you do. I personally like the look of the F sport bumper over the hideous bumper we have and that's the only reason why I'm thinking of swapping them. I have no intensions to fake an f sport GS350. It's your car and your money so you can do what makes you happy. I just thought id point it out as a few members have been grilled for similar things in the past.
Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Yea, I would leave the badges alone, there is more to the FSport than just badges and front bumper.
Originally Posted by vinnier6
Looks cool, but I wouldn't put the f sport emblems on it....
Originally Posted by Kayman
I don't get... never gonna be an F Sport for real. This reminds me of all the M Sport 525 BMWs wanna bes
Looks good, but you're missing the trunk spoiler too. I gotta agree with others in that you should've saved some money and left off the F-sport badges. Your car only looks like an F-sport but doesn't drive or handle like one, therefore putting badges saying it's an F-sport is being a poser.
Old 09-15-15, 08:15 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Your car looks great!! With or without the badges. Do what makes you happy. I myself bought the non F sport because I didn't like the aluminum interior and
knew I was going to change the suspension, brakes etc..I have never lost to a F sport or have been in one that handled better than my car..Don't stop with
the wheels continue to upgrade and enjoy.

Last edited by biggame; 09-15-15 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-15-15, 08:28 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking Good!!! akuma88
Though I'm sure you're aware of the extensive list of differences between F Sport and Non F Sport models...

Do whatever you want to it. Put whatever you want on it.
As long as you always look back at it and admire it when you walk away from it.
(Your satisfaction of investment is worth some friendly ribbing from fellow enthusiasts)
Old 09-15-15, 09:25 PM
akuma88
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dchar
Looks good, but you're missing the trunk spoiler too. I gotta agree with others in that you should've saved some money and left off the F-sport badges. Your car only looks like an F-sport but doesn't drive or handle like one, therefore putting badges saying it's an F-sport is being a poser.
Uhmmmm a 525 and a 550 M has two different engines therefore is a poser lol. Line up my car with yours and I'm pretty sure we are at a stalemate. Unless the f sport came with extra ponies that I didn't hear about.

To me a poser would be me putting GS450 badges on my car when clearly not having the engine or someone putting a a ZR1 badge one a regular corvette.. Also your statement basically sates that a crafted line gs350 is different than your f sport because it has black door handles and side mirrors.

Now I'm not gonna sit here and say that both cars are identical because they are not but the differences in both are minimal and useless. But to end this debate all F sports are better faster and much cooler than a regular gs350. Drops mic
The following users liked this post:
boostinsc (04-04-21)
Old 09-16-15, 03:49 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

be sure to clear bra it, while it's still pristine....
Old 09-17-15, 11:32 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If I knew this, I would have done the same thing. F sport is nothing special. I would have used the money to upgrade the parts anyways! Good job!

Too bad I already bought the F. Now, if the F sport came with a different engine, then we can talk smack
Old 10-01-15, 07:34 AM
nycxchunk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick question, was the chrome trimming easily removed? or should I buy another set of them? I'm looking to do a conversion also but the only parts I know I need is the Mesh grill top and bottom, fog light garnishes, and the bumper plus tow cover....anything else im missing?
Old 10-01-15, 01:33 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by nycxchunk
Just a quick question, was the chrome trimming easily removed? or should I buy another set of them? I'm looking to do a conversion also but the only parts I know I need is the Mesh grill top and bottom, fog light garnishes, and the bumper plus tow cover....anything else im missing?
From what I've gathered in preparation for this mod in a few months, that should be everything.
Old 10-01-15, 04:49 PM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Indeed this is a nice mod. But the saving is questionable. F Sport package is msrp-ed at around 4800 at most. Premium package is msrp-ed at 1400. So the difference is about 3500 before any negotiation. Now if one adds all the parts up, it'll cost about the same or more not to mention the labor. In the end one is still short of the avs, bigger brake, different suspension and the unique colors. If one dislikes something particularly from the f sport it'd make sense. Other than that it doesn't justify the cost imo. I agree with others about the badge but you do what you like. It's your car!
Old 10-01-15, 07:29 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 1111GS
Indeed this is a nice mod. But the saving is questionable. F Sport package is msrp-ed at around 4800 at most. Premium package is msrp-ed at 1400. So the difference is about 3500 before any negotiation. Now if one adds all the parts up, it'll cost about the same or more not to mention the labor. In the end one is still short of the avs, bigger brake, different suspension and the unique colors. If one dislikes something particularly from the f sport it'd make sense. Other than that it doesn't justify the cost imo. I agree with others about the badge but you do what you like. It's your car!
I agree, if one wants a stock FSport and plans to keep it that way then it makes no sense as far as cost savings is concerned. But If the price is significantly lower on a used premium compared to a used F sport, and you plan on customizing it with wheels and other items then going the route Akuma88 went makes sense. With his car you can't get an F sport in Fire Agate Pearl so that would be like you mentioned, an option or something you just can't get on an original F sport so it makes sense.
Old 10-01-15, 08:48 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

A CPO Premium with NAV and BSM is $38,388 and a loaded FSport with ML is $39,861. So ur actually spending more on conversion than buying the FSport from the start. Those are 2013 CPOs with 36K miles.

If ur buying New Premium Vs. New FSport, then yes u will save 5-10K but the options mean very little on a used car.

Quick Reply: Just another NON F Turning into an F