GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS questions, I tried a search but have to ask

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-15, 03:42 PM
BB11
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GS questions, I tried a search but have to ask

Hello, I have been driving the ES, GS and LS to narrow down a car for me. My issues are road noise and wind noise on my present car. My ears as well as the New England roads are probably responsible for the noise and my intolerance to it and I will probably just have to deal.

My Subaru outback is horrible, wind noise is unacceptable to me, road noise depending on road can be ok to deafening.

I took the ES out first, the seats were not kind to my bad back and it is not what I would call quiet

the GS was next and I loved the seats but was unsure of the noise

Then took an LS out and again the seats and my back did not do well together, that surprised me, it was the quietest to the 3 as expected, had almost no wind noise and the road-noise was present but was less than my Subaru and the ES and the GS, but the GS is a fairly close to my ears, more wind noise and more road noise but acceptable and the seats are great.

So here are my questions, and sorry for the prelude

1. Will I find the same seats in all GS or will packages and options change these (I drove a premium package today)?

2. The windows were (the best I can explain them) double pained, two glued together (on the doors) and this I am sure contributed to the reduced wind noise. I am hoping this is something I would find on all GS's.

I tried to call Lexus on this and i have found out that depending on who you get you either get a good answer or no answer, it seems some CS reps are willing to research a bit and some are just plain lazy.

A pre thanks for your kind replies.

I am not sure i I will get a pre-owned but maybe a 2013 o4 2014. I am not sure when the deals will start on the '15's but a very low mileage '13 may work very well for me.

Thanks again
BB
Old 08-28-15, 03:59 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by BB11
Hello, I have been driving the ES, GS and LS to narrow down a car for me. My issues are road noise and wind noise on my present car. My ears as well as the New England roads are probably responsible for the noise and my intolerance to it and I will probably just have to deal.

My Subaru outback is horrible, wind noise is unacceptable to me, road noise depending on road can be ok to deafening.

I took the ES out first, the seats were not kind to my bad back and it is not what I would call quiet

the GS was next and I loved the seats but was unsure of the noise

Then took an LS out and again the seats and my back did not do well together, that surprised me, it was the quietest to the 3 as expected, had almost no wind noise and the road-noise was present but was less than my Subaru and the ES and the GS, but the GS is a fairly close to my ears, more wind noise and more road noise but acceptable and the seats are great.

So here are my questions, and sorry for the prelude

1. Will I find the same seats in all GS or will packages and options change these (I drove a premium package today)?

2. The windows were (the best I can explain them) double pained, two glued together (on the doors) and this I am sure contributed to the reduced wind noise. I am hoping this is something I would find on all GS's.

I tried to call Lexus on this and i have found out that depending on who you get you either get a good answer or no answer, it seems some CS reps are willing to research a bit and some are just plain lazy.

A pre thanks for your kind replies.

I am not sure i I will get a pre-owned but maybe a 2013 o4 2014. I am not sure when the deals will start on the '15's but a very low mileage '13 may work very well for me.

Thanks again
BB
Base versions have 10-way power seats, F-Sport 16-way and Luxury Package equipped GS's have 18-way.
Old 08-28-15, 04:04 PM
FishBike
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 3 Posts

Not all GSes have the dual layer side windows, unfortunately. It varies by market, option package, and year.
Old 08-28-15, 04:11 PM
BB11
Intermediate

Thanks for the replies, so this one with the premium package had a 10 way seat. I will have to be careful to check the windows before driving any distances to look. I am hoping my local dealer can find one or one comes back from a lease, they have been great to work with.
Old 08-28-15, 04:44 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

I know you posted this in the GS forum, only, but did you drive the UL ES? Most have dual pane glass and all come with the driver's seat cushion extender. Also, a UL ES can be had for less than a base GS. Now, the LS is far superior to both, but you get what you pay for.
Old 08-28-15, 06:17 PM
BB11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mike728
I know you posted this in the GS forum, only, but did you drive the UL ES? Most have dual pane glass and all come with the driver's seat cushion extender. Also, a UL ES can be had for less than a base GS. Now, the LS is far superior to both, but you get what you pay for.
Thanks Mike.
Old 08-29-15, 08:43 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

If you're in the Northeast, you'll likely get an AWD with cold-weather package. That should include the dual pane windows.
Old 08-29-15, 08:46 AM
BB11
Intermediate

Yes I am in the NE and it was an AWD and that is pretty much all we see here.. thanks
Old 08-29-15, 02:21 PM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

I may be wrong but 15 comes with double pane windows std. Our rx also comes with double pane. Not sure about 14 but 13 luxury came with double too. 15 door also closes softer than older version. 4GS came out after the latest LS so they do have better seats. I find 4gs luxury has the best most comfortable seat, yet some claim the premium seats feel better. I think it's best you try out yourself.
Old 08-29-15, 08:56 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

My new to me 2013 premium package GS350 has dual pane windows. It was originally sold in Florida as a personal lease vehicle before I bought it here in Texas. It doesn't have AWD nor does it have cold weather package. I'm still a bit confused how Lexus determines which GS models get the dual pane windows.
Old 09-01-15, 03:46 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by BB11
BB
You should be able to get some deals on the 15 now up to December, I will say I agree with the seats. The LS seats or more cushy but not really supportive I think vs the GS. I hate AWD but in Boston its really needed after our past winter, you will be fine with the GS AWD that thing is a tank in snow.