GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Front Lips for F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-15, 06:21 AM
AJBSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Lips for F Sport

Can you all chime in on the pro's and con's to this style and make front lip for 350 F Sport. There is a huge price difference between this and carbon fiber. I understand the strength and durability of CF but what else am I missing?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SK-Style-Front-Lip-Urethane-Fits-13-15-Lexus-GS350-F-Sport-Bumper-Only-/371119643706?fits=Model%3AGS350&hash=item5668745c3a&vxp=mtr
Old 08-27-15, 08:28 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

The problem with that one is it will rub against ur paint and will scrape the paint off after a while. It did to mine, especially the side wings that goes into the wheel well.
Old 08-27-15, 08:56 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by AJBSC
Can you all chime in on the pro's and con's to this style and make front lip for 350 F Sport. There is a huge price difference between this and carbon fiber. I understand the strength and durability of CF but what else am I missing?

SK Style Front Lip Urethane Fits 13 15 Lexus gs350 F Sport Bumper Only | eBay
Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
The problem with that one is it will rub against ur paint and will scrape the paint off after a while. It did to mine, especially the side wings that goes into the wheel well.
Not to mention that it is a complete knock off of the Lexon Front lip & you will have to drill holes (usually) in your bumper to install it.... The fitment usually sux a$$ & most of the time you start to think ehhh did i make the right decision buying/installing this thing....

I own a Lexon Carbon Fiber Front lip & it is quiet durable & the fitment was excellent (no screwing holes) even though it took me my 1st born godson to get it in less than 3 months i got it & i wouldn't change a thing!!!!

Attached is a couple of pics if it helps you get a sence of what im saying...
Attached Thumbnails Front Lips for F Sport-cl01.jpg   Front Lips for F Sport-cl06.jpg   Front Lips for F Sport-cl10.jpg   Front Lips for F Sport-cl03.jpg   Front Lips for F Sport-cl07.jpg  

Old 08-27-15, 09:14 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Yea the fitment sucks too. That knock off one is actually the Skipper version but they also make a knock off one for Lexon now.
Old 08-27-15, 09:24 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Yea the fitment sucks too. That knock off one is actually the Skipper version but they also make a knock off one for Lexon now.
Sorry had a flash back from when i saw the knock off yesterday on eBay....
Old 08-27-15, 10:41 AM
AJBSC
Driver School Candidate

I can definitely see the difference and like the not having to use screws. Do you mind me asking the cost. Thanks!
Old 08-27-15, 10:55 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

I can definitely see the difference and like the not having to use screws. Do you mind me asking the cost. Thanks!
Honestly I spared no expensive this time around on my Brand new GS F-Sport... with that said I paid $1950 for the CF Front lip / side skirts / front face plate & shipping charges & that was with a discount, do the break down & i paid $850-$875 for the lip...
but i've heard that there is possible cheaper web sites out there selling it, but i have no complaints so i haven't looked...
Old 08-27-15, 02:25 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

I have a brand new one never used just painted I'm selling lmk if your interested in it

Here is a link

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4ge...brand-new.html
Old 08-27-15, 04:55 PM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KOOLFELLA
Not to mention that it is a complete knock off of the Lexon Front lip & you will have to drill holes (usually) in your bumper to install it.... The fitment usually sux a$$ & most of the time you start to think ehhh did i make the right decision buying/installing this thing....

I own a Lexon Carbon Fiber Front lip & it is quiet durable & the fitment was excellent (no screwing holes) even though it took me my 1st born godson to get it in less than 3 months i got it & i wouldn't change a thing!!!!

Attached is a couple of pics if it helps you get a sence of what im saying...
LOL! Why does it always take months to get authentic car parts?

I was looking for a Wald front lip last year and was told 6+ months before it would be delivered. So I decided to check out ETAs for the Skipper FRP lip (my second choice) and was told it would take anywhere from 2 to 3 months depending on the dealer. What a total PITA!

I eventually ordered a SK rep off of Ebay and received it within 3-4 business days for 1/8 the cost.
Old 08-27-15, 05:04 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

I have a genuine Skipper carbon front lip for sale, if anyone in interested..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4ge...front-lip.html
Old 08-27-15, 05:42 PM
Samer327
Driver School Candidate

Fitment of the knockoff will be worse but you can help that if you're willing to do a little work. I sanded mine where it was rough and needed more refinement to fit the shape of the bumper. You will have to drill the bumper to get it to stay. If you want to protect your paint from getting rubbed out you can install a clear protective film in the region prior to install.

The real deal will be a better fit. The CF version replica or not you will need to take care of. Road debris and curbs can lead to chips/cracking of the lip.This is one of the reasons I chose the ABS version as it's more durable.
Old 08-27-15, 08:53 PM
NebulaGrey
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I went with the Lexon rep. The usage of screws bothered me a bit. But since it was on the bottom of the bumper I eased up a bit. I didn't like how the skippeR style wraps around the corners of the bumper.

Old 08-29-15, 02:01 PM
carlos3319
Driver School Candidate

I have think design front lip, i think it's very nice and subtle!
Old 07-09-16, 07:27 AM
trancein
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There now I can see the lip...

Old 07-09-16, 07:52 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Originally Posted by trancein
There now I can see the lip...

Without question!!!