GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

FINALLY! Refresh 2016 GS pics

Old 09-19-15, 08:06 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I like the lighter aluminum trim in the earlier GSs, but from a practical standpoint it dents easily so I understand why they moved to the new aluminum. I suspected they would (although it is dull). I personally like the Cabernet better than Rioja Red, but I guess they need to amortize costs because it is now in the IS and NX as well. The GS was the only car in the lineup that offered Cabernet.
Old 09-20-15, 11:33 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

The frameless mirror and full screen nav look good
Old 09-20-15, 11:51 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I like the lighter aluminum trim in the earlier GSs, but from a practical standpoint it dents easily so I understand why they moved to the new aluminum. I suspected they would (although it is dull). I personally like the Cabernet better than Rioja Red, but I guess they need to amortize costs because it is now in the IS and NX as well. The GS was the only car in the lineup that offered Cabernet.
Maybe this new aluminum has less reflection onto the side windows. The current aluminum made it difficult to see sideview mirrors at certain parts of the day. Maybe Lexus finally heard our complaints.

I'm not sure if making the red leather Rioja color was a cost move since the IS and NX are Nuluxe in the Rioja option. I wonder if the new RX will use Rioja leather or Nuluxe. Somebody at Lexus must've thought people wanted a more "sporty" look rather than "classy" look.
Old 09-20-15, 02:07 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,602 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I liked the Cabernet as well. It is available in the current RX F Sport and it looks great there as well. I am not a fan of the Rioja Red. It's just too much.
Old 09-20-15, 02:48 PM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Yeah I don't know how I feel about the new aluminum pattern either. I know that I'm sad they replaced cabernet with the rioja red.

IMHO the F Sport with the F Sport gauges and the bright red seats is a little to boy racer for a $60k car. Even though my GS wasn't the F Sport, I could have seen myself in the F Sport. This interior however I couldn't see myself in.
They want this group to move up to the next LS F Sport. I think Carbenet is perfect for this group but at the same time I know it's nearly impossible to show a true color in a photo so I will wait to see it in person. Most likely it's too much for me. I can't seem to like any other interior color so the refresh may be out of the picture . Going back to enjoying-15 mode now.
Old 09-20-15, 08:30 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Oh I didn't see the new frameless mirror! Saw that in the RC and I liked it.
Old 09-20-15, 08:40 PM
lawdoc79
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Liking the new gauges. Too bad it was not offered in the MY15 Fsports.
Old 09-21-15, 08:28 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Oh I didn't see the new frameless mirror! Saw that in the RC and I liked it.
This is a minor complaint but my rearview mirror in my 15 GSF takes up about 40% of my front view, and if youre not careful, can block out a full sized car or person (depending on angle).
Old 09-21-15, 09:27 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MEAHT
This is a minor complaint but my rearview mirror in my 15 GSF takes up about 40% of my front view, and if youre not careful, can block out a full sized car or person (depending on angle).
The GS has a tiny windshield and a dashboard compared to other cars! I realized that after driving so many cars including my CT and tester RC. My old Camry had a huge dashboard and my Prius dash is even bigger. We sit closer to the windshield in the GS here.
Old 09-21-15, 09:33 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by MEAHT
Are you dealing with flying people or cars? Haha

You know it has a second hinge that you can adjust the angle/position of the mirror even more, right?
Old 09-21-15, 09:46 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I just installed a dash cam with Lane Departure Warning System and Front Collision Warning System and I can't see it from my driver seat cause the mirror covers it.

I had all the wire tucked in nicely too.
Old 09-21-15, 12:20 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Are you dealing with flying people or cars? Haha

You know it has a second hinge that you can adjust the angle/position of the mirror even more, right?
haha, you know at certain angles it does block out your front view, especially on turns, and yes even flying cars

As far as the second hinge, see what I mean? this is why i love this forum. Have to go back downstairs anyways to transfer that new Drake + Future Mixtape that just dropped so I might as well play with my rearview mirror to confirm

thanks!

MEAHT
Old 09-21-15, 12:32 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
The frameless mirror and full screen nav look good
I'm curious how the backup camera view looks. Does the "BT device connected" black text bar still cover much of the screen, blocking the view of the cars parked behind?
Old 09-21-15, 01:14 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by islandbeef
I'm curious how the backup camera view looks. Does the "BT device connected" black text bar still cover much of the screen, blocking the view of the cars parked behind?
No, that was fixed on the 2014 MY.
Old 09-22-15, 06:01 PM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Never noticed until this post. They put it in a better spot now. Who said Lexus does not listen to their customers' complaints? I notice they also made the view angle wider. We can actually see part of the license plate in the view now. This wider version really helps see stuff close to the tail.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FINALLY! Refresh 2016 GS pics