GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2013 F Sport price question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-15, 09:18 AM
alawode
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
I think you could be pleasantly surprised...if only you would try.
The car has been sold yesterday night....damn!
Old 07-29-15, 03:09 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

OP I test drove that GS F Sport! I walked away as it didn't feel right. The brakes made a weird click sound and felt rough. Plus the steering wheel had a slight vibration when in drive at a stop light. Also I don't know if you noticed the dent on the rear driver door. It was small but deep. Idk if the seller has fixed it yet. I also noticed it had scratches on the trunk. Other then those issues it wasn't a bad car.
Old 07-29-15, 03:54 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

OP I ended up buying a non F Sport Gs350 from Texas Direct Auto. I really wanted to get an F sport and test drove like seven but I just couldn't find the right one. I recommend TDA. I bought my other Lexus from them as well. I was actually looking at a Silver GS F sport they had initially but I ended up passing on that one as well. When I first saw it they had just gotten it off the truck. They hadn't even had a chance to go over the car themselves. The sales guy still brought it to me so I could see it and it had a few paint issues. I still put a deposit down on it and was told they would take care of the issues. When it came back from prep a few days later it still had some of the paint issues. There were scratches on a few doors that they couldn't get out and a few other blemishes under the oem paint, so I said never mind. It was a great car mechanically but I just couldn't see past the paint issues. They had a white non f sport that they had just unloaded off the truck that day and it was in excellent condition compared to the Silver F sport. I ended up buying that one. Not all used cars are perfect but you just have to do your research and find the right one. I found the right one for me. I would highly recommend TDA and I'm sure I'll be going back to them to buy my next used car. Just some pricing info for you. The Silver F Sport had 24k miles and they wanted $39,980 and I offered $38,062 + TTL and they accepted. Btw they normally don't negotiate on price. The white one I bought had 20k miles on it and they wanted $37480. Due to the issues with the silver F Sport and how they weren't able to fix them to my satisfaction, they accepted $35,062 for the white one as a way of making it up to me. They said they didn't want to lose me as a customer and would take $35,062. +TTL. I also had a trade and they offered $1,600 more for it then any other dealer around. Carmax offer was actually the lowest out of all of them. I took the deal because with my trade in I was also able to save $1,225 in taxes too! So to me it was a great deal. Go check them out they are constantly getting new inventory.
Old 07-29-15, 04:27 PM
CincyBrad
Driver

Originally Posted by Sevn86
OP I test drove that GS F Sport! I walked away as it didn't feel right. The brakes made a weird click sound and felt rough. Plus the steering wheel had a slight vibration when in drive at a stop light. Also I don't know if you noticed the dent on the rear driver door. It was small but deep. Idk if the seller has fixed it yet. I also noticed it had scratches on the trunk. Other then those issues it wasn't a bad car.
Vibration through the steering wheel when not in motion and in gear is typical of a broken motor mount. Coupled with a dent in the front fender, that tells me that car had to get bumped pretty good.

Sounds like a lot of issues for a 2013, the car isn't that old, but sounds like it was rode hard and not maintained very well. Not a big loss, especially when spending $40k on a used car.
Old 07-29-15, 04:39 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

I would be very leery of independent used car dealers with late model luxury cars.
Old 07-29-15, 05:38 PM
alawode
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the input guys, i also noticed the brake issues that the car had. I'm now looking at a 2014 from sewell lexus in Dallas. This car has 18k miles as well and they are asking 45k out the door without the CPO. Any input on this deal is welcome. Thanks
Old 07-29-15, 06:03 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by alawode
Thanks for the input guys, i also noticed the brake issues that the car had. I'm now looking at a 2014 from sewell lexus in Dallas. This car has 18k miles as well and they are asking 45k out the door without the CPO. Any input on this deal is welcome. Thanks
Why no CPO? That is highly unusual for a 2014 with only 18K miles not to be CPO.

If THIS is the car - it is CPO.

Last edited by bclexus; 07-29-15 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-29-15, 06:07 PM
alawode
Driver School Candidate

Why no CPO? That is highly unusual for a 2014 with only 18K miles not to be CPO.
It has been CPO'd. They said they could only come that low if the CPO was removed
Old 07-29-15, 06:12 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

It has been CPO'd. They said they could only come that low if the CPO was removed
Never heard of that counter offer - dropping the CPO. I would have a tendency to shop elsewhere.
Old 07-29-15, 06:38 PM
alawode
Driver School Candidate

Never heard of that counter offer - dropping the CPO. I would have a tendency to shop elsewhere.
Yea i see what you mean, but i dont seem to see any other good deals close by
Old 07-29-15, 06:40 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Yea i see what you mean, but i dont seem to see any other good deals close by
Be patient. They are coming off lease all the time.
Old 07-29-15, 06:48 PM
CincyBrad
Driver

Must be the region you are in, dealers in my area certainly aren't paying anywhere near that on trade ins. I have a 13 F-Sport AWD, 28k miles and immaculate condition. The most any dealer has offered for it on trade is 32,500, and that was a Benz dealer. Ironically, the Lexus dealer offered even less.
Old 07-29-15, 07:36 PM
alawode
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys, ill keep my eyes open, and also see if Sewell Lexus will come down on the price a bit
Old 07-29-15, 07:54 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks guys, ill keep my eyes open, and also see if Sewell Lexus will come down on the price a bit
I'll bet you a Nigerian sardine and mustard sandwich they'll come down in price 'and' include the CPO...

Is Alawode a Nigerian name? Sounds like it...
Old 07-29-15, 08:37 PM
alawode
Driver School Candidate

I'll bet you a Nigerian sardine and mustard sandwich they'll come down in price 'and' include the CPO...

Is Alawode a Nigerian name? Sounds like it...
Lol, they seem to be firm on the price..Alawode is a name a picked from an African novel so it might be Nigerian

Quick Reply: 2013 F Sport price question