GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Driver memory seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-15, 12:42 PM
bellamonie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver memory seat

I can set my seat to recognize what key is unlocking the door to set the drivers seat to registered position (1, 2 or 3). Now when I customize settings in the Nav area so that the driver's seat slides back partially or fully when shutting down car, it no longer recognizes the keys. When I cancel the slide back option in the Nav, it quickly recognizes the keys again. I like both options and do wish that there is a way to remedy this. Is this normal?
Old 07-27-15, 12:43 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 399 Likes on 242 Posts

Hahaha sry man I gave up with mine.

I made a list of all the problems I have with my GS and will have to leave it at dealership for them to dial in.

Hope you get it figured out
Old 07-27-15, 01:11 PM
bellamonie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, still scratching my head with this. Will give dealer call tomorrow, and see if we can remedy by phone, as I have a 4 hour drive to get there. Will post if solution found.
Old 07-27-15, 02:14 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,418 Posts

I believe all personalized settings made via the NAV transfer identically to both key fobs equally. Thus, whatever personalized settings are made via the NAV will be the settings that will be provided to each driver regardless which of the two key fobs are used.

Make sure after you make your seat and steering wheel settings and memorize it to a particular seat number (Seat# 1, 2 or 3) that you then program the fob (for that particular driver's settings) to the same Seat number (1, 2 or 3). And, do the same thing for the settings for Driver #2, along with programming that fob to its particular seat setting.

Old 07-27-15, 02:17 PM
neilattack
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, I didn't even know that was possible to begin with.

I'm the only one who drives my 4GS anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.
Old 07-27-15, 02:22 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by neilattack
Wow, I didn't even know that was possible to begin with.

I'm the only one who drives my 4GS anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.
I'm the only one that drives mine too. I never programmed the 2nd key fob.
Old 07-27-15, 02:27 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Alright!! Alright!!! All these seems cool and all but what does the keyfob do anyway?

So normally I got in my car and pressed my memory button and everything goes back to my preset settings. How does the keyfob memory work?
Old 07-27-15, 02:36 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Alright!! Alright!!! All these seems cool and all but what does the keyfob do anyway?

So normally I got in my car and pressed my memory button and everything goes back to my preset settings. How does the keyfob memory work?
With your personal key fob you should be able to enter the car, put foot on brake and start the engine, and all your seat and steering wheel settings are automatically adjusted to your personalized and 'memorized' (to that particular fob) settings. And Driver #2 will have their seat and steering wheel settings automatically adjusted to their personalized and 'memorized' (to that particular fob) settings. Their should be no need to press Seat #1 or #2, etc. to adjust to your personalized settings after Driver #2 has driven the car 'if' you have programmed your fob to your particular seat position number.
Old 07-27-15, 02:43 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
With your personal key fob you should be able to enter the car, put foot on brake and start the engine, and all your seat and steering wheel settings are automatically adjusted to your personalized and 'memorized' (to that particular fob) settings. And Driver #2 will have their seat and steering wheel settings automatically adjusted to their personalized and 'memorized' (to that particular fob) settings. Their should be no need to press Seat #1 or #2, etc. to adjust to your personalized settings after Driver #2 has driven the car 'if' you have programmed your fob to your particular seat position number.
What if I give my keyfob to the service guy and they changed my seat settings, will that go back to my settings when I get the car back without having to push any buttons? Or will the settings change back when the car restarts cause they have my personalized keyfob?
Old 07-27-15, 02:48 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

What if I give my keyfob to the service guy and they changed my seat settings, will that go back to my settings when I get the car back without having to push any buttons? Or will the settings change back when the car restarts cause they have my personalized keyfob?
If the service guy actually saved the settings (instead of just moving the seat/steering wheel without saving the settings), then your seat/steering wheel will be adjusted to 'his' newly set personalized settings when you start the car (if your key fob is programmed to the seat number you use - and he saved new positions into the memory). The service guy should not be 'saving' his preferred settings in your car, just adjusting them temporarily to suit his temporary needs.
Old 07-27-15, 03:15 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
If the service guy actually saved the settings (instead of just moving the seat/steering wheel without saving the settings), then your seat/steering wheel will be adjusted to 'his' newly set personalized settings when you start the car (if your key fob is programmed to the seat number you use - and he saved new positions into the memory). The service guy should not be 'saving' his preferred settings in your car, just adjusting them temporarily to suit his temporary needs.
Okay, so if he adjust it temporarily with out saving it, then the next time the car restarts with my keyfob it'll go back to my old settings?
Old 07-27-15, 04:19 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Okay, so if he adjust it temporarily with out saving it, then the next time the car restarts with my keyfob it'll go back to my old settings?
Correct...
Old 07-27-15, 06:17 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Now how do I program my keyfob? I followed the video but when I press and hold my unlock button when the engine is off, my windows and sunroof open and I don't hear any beep. Is ours different than the one on the video?
Old 07-27-15, 06:57 PM
99alta
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unlike the video the 2014 Manual say's to use the lock or unlock button on the arm rest and push the set setting #, have the FOB inside the car.

But I can't get it to work ?
Old 07-27-15, 07:05 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Now how do I program my keyfob? I followed the video but when I press and hold my unlock button when the engine is off, my windows and sunroof open and I don't hear any beep. Is ours different than the one on the video?
Click> HERE and see Pages 135 thru 137

With the GS 350 you need to press the 'door' unlock (or lock) switch, not the key fob's unlock button as the above video showed for another model.

With the GS 350: 'While pressing the recalled button, press and hold the door lock switch (either lock or unlock) until the buzzer sounds.'

Each individual Smart Key fob needs to be programmed separately with no other Smart Key nearby.

Quick Reply: Driver memory seat