Driver memory seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-15, 09:20 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
Click> HERE and see Pages 135 thru 137

With the GS 350 you need to press the 'door' unlock (or lock) switch, not the key fob's unlock button as the above video showed for another model.

With the GS 350: 'While pressing the recalled button, press and hold the door lock switch (either lock or unlock) until the buzzer sounds.'

Each individual Smart Key fob needs to be programmed separately with no other Smart Key nearby.
Cool! I'll give it a shot tomorrow!! Thank you BC!!!

Is there a way to erase the programmed settings once it's done?
Old 07-28-15, 09:33 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO

You are very welcome. Hope it helps. Please let us know... Thanks!

To cancel the settings associated with a Smart Key - Turn the engine switch to Ignition ON mode. [Instead of pressing the recalled button (1, 2 or 3) to program a Smart Key] Press the 'SET' button, and press and hold the door lock switch (either lock or unlock) until the buzzer sounds twice to cancel the settings associated with a Smart Key.

Last edited by bclexus; 07-29-15 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-29-15, 12:51 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Click> HERE and see Pages 135 thru 137

With the GS 350 you need to press the 'door' unlock (or lock) switch, not the key fob's unlock button as the above video showed for another model.

With the GS 350: 'While pressing the recalled button, press and hold the door lock switch (either lock or unlock) until the buzzer sounds.'

Each individual Smart Key fob needs to be programmed separately with no other Smart Key nearby.

You are very welcome. Hope it helps. Please let us know... Thanks!

To cancel the settings associated with a Smart Key - Turn the engine switch to Ignition ON mode. [Instead of pressing the recalled button (1, 2 or 3) to program a Smart Key] Press the 'SET' button, and press and hold the door lock switch (either lock or unlock) until the buzzer sounds twice to cancel the settings associated with a Smart Key.

ItzFilyO - Did you program your Smart Key(s) by pressing/holding the recalled [seat] button(s) and pressing/holding the door lock switch (either lock or unlock) until the buzzer sounds?
Old 07-29-15, 12:54 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

ItzFilyO - Did you program your Smart Key(s) by pressing/holding the recalled [seat] button(s) and pressing/holding the door lock switch (either lock or unlock) until the buzzer sounds?
Not yet, I keep forgetting.
Old 07-29-15, 01:01 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Not yet, I keep forgetting.
I did mine...but it may have already been done. Dunno. I just know it buzzed. I pressed/held Seat# 1 and pressed/held the door lock switch until it buzzed. Then, I did both Seat#2 and then Seat #3 the same way. My other Smart Key is brand new, still in the little baggy it came in, and stored in my safe key lockbox since I'm the only driver of the GS 350.
Old 07-29-15, 01:47 PM
99alta
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did mine...but it may have already been done. Dunno. I just know it buzzed. I pressed/held Seat# 1 and pressed/held the door lock switch until it buzzed. Then, I did both Seat#2 and then Seat #3 the same way. My other Smart Key is brand new, still in the little baggy it came in, and stored in my safe key lockbox since I'm the only driver of the GS 350.
So how does it work now BC?

I got mine to buzz as well (as if it is programmed) . But if I hit preset #3 which is a whacked setup. Leave the car, lock it and then use the FOB to open, the seat seating don't change ?

Something isn't set correctly or working properly for me ? Wonder if it has something to do with the 3rd party remote start the Lexus Dealer installed as it has it's own FOB as well. Left the 3rd party FOB in the house last time I programmed Lexus FOB #1, but still no love
Old 07-29-15, 02:02 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 99alta

I got mine to buzz as well (as if it is programmed) . But if I hit preset #3 which is a whacked setup. Leave the car, lock it and then use the FOB to open, the seat seating don't change ?

Something isn't set correctly or working properly for me ? Wonder if it has something to do with the 3rd party remote start the Lexus Dealer installed as it has it's own FOB as well. Left the 3rd party FOB in the house last time I programmed Lexus FOB #1, but still no love
As I said, my Smart Key may have already been set (programmed using the door switch), so nothing changed after I set it using the door switch. But, I checked just to make sure that the settings worked as before...and all three of my seat/steering wheel positions were the same as I had them before. I have three different seat/steering wheel positions (1, 2 & 3) memorized for different driving situations - Normal, Trip Comfort & Aggressive.
Old 07-29-15, 02:08 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 99alta

I don't understand. If you hit #3 seat setting and then get out and lock the car...and then come back with the same key fob the seat setting should not change. Why should it? Don't you want the seat to remain as you last left it?

Last edited by bclexus; 07-30-15 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-29-15, 02:19 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Try this: Mess with ur seat setting but don't save it, get out and get back in and restart the car, see if it goes back to ur setting or remain messed up. It should go back to ur setting.
Old 07-30-15, 07:43 AM
99alta
Intermediate

I don't understand. If you hit #3 seat setting and then get out and lock the car...and then come back with the same key fob the seat seating should not change. Why should it? Don't you want the seat to remain as you last left it?
I figured if I just move the seat after programming the FOB to setting #1 and the FOB is programmed for setting #1 then the seat should move to setting #1 when that FOB is used to unlock the car? That's how my Acura works.

I'll try just moving the seat as ItzFilyo suggests, instead of hitting a different preset.
Old 07-30-15, 08:02 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Alright fellas, u know a video is worth a zillion words, so I made one.

Old 07-30-15, 08:09 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Alright fellas, u know a video is worth a zillion words, so I made one.
Well done!
Old 07-30-15, 08:38 AM
99alta
Intermediate

Thanks ItzFilyo, did everything like you did except I did not leave the car; clue!. BTW that's a quiet ride you have there, sure drowned out the traffic noise!

In any case the seat doesn't move until you grab the door handle! I was expecting to see it move once I unlocked the car with the FOB.
In which case it doesn't matter if you used a preset or just changed the setting, the seat moves to the correct position!
Old 07-30-15, 11:02 AM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Itz.

It also memorizes the ac and the stereo. One of my fobs was programed with the radio off the other one with it on SAT.

Nice Apple watch too.
Old 07-30-15, 01:24 PM
bellamonie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well just got off the phone with the dealership (live 4 hours away) concerning the sliding back of driver's seat setting and seat memory position. They just confirmed that if I choose the slide back option in the Nav settings, my seat will not slide back to my registered position when unlocking of driver's door. I will have to press my registered setting to get driver's seat back to my position from the slide back position. Not a big thing but like originally posted, I love both. So I will forego the slide back option.

Quick Reply: Driver memory seat