GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Do we have Roadside Assistance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-15, 06:19 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts
Default Do we have Roadside Assistance?

I got a letter cause my 1-yr Enform subscription is ending next month and it says something about Enhanced Roadside Assistance. What is it?

Don't we have a Roadside Assistance standard? and how long is it?

Also, do u guys know about the AAA benefit? It says that they'll waive ur membership if ur a current Lexus owner.

http://www.lexus.com/service
Old 07-15-15, 09:48 PM
Mr. Klean
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

You have it for 1 year if you are leasing or if you buy the car right out.

I think you have it for the year if its a CPO, too.

My sales guy is a long-time member on the forums. I'll ask him to chime in to be sure.

Last edited by Mr. Klean; 07-16-15 at 07:22 AM.
Old 07-16-15, 07:17 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

1 year if you buy. You can renew the subscription after the year
Old 07-16-15, 08:00 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I asked my sales manager and he said the standard Roadside Assistance is standard for 4 years. The Enform is 1 year.

It looks like he's right. http://www.carcarepeople.com/lexus-roadside-assistance

The Lexus roadside assistance program applies for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 07-16-15 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-16-15, 09:34 AM
LI Lexus
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I got a letter cause my 1-yr Enform subscription is ending next month and it says something about Enhanced Roadside Assistance. What is it?

Don't we have a Roadside Assistance standard? and how long is it?

Also, do u guys know about the AAA benefit? It says that they'll waive ur membership if ur a current Lexus owner.

http://www.lexus.com/service
ENFORM and roadside assistance are DIFFERENT:

The Lexus roadside assistance program is a part of the new vehicle limited warranty. It offers services such as flat tire change, emergency towing, battery jump start, lock out service, and fuel delivery service. The Lexus roadside assistance program begins the day the vehicle is delivered to the first owner (in-service date) or the day of first use.

What is Included In the Lexus Roadside Assistance?

The Lexus roadside assistance program includes the following services: Emergency Towing: Lexus will tow the vehicle to the nearest authorized Lexus dealer as long as the vehicle is inoperable due to a warranty-related disablement. Fuel Delivery Assistance: If the vehicle runs out of gas, then Lexus will deliver enough fuel to get you to the nearest gas station.. Lock Out Assistance: Lexus will send someone to get you back into your vehicle and on your way. Flat tire change and jump start assistance is available as well. The Lexus roadside assistance program includes what is listed above. For a list of what is not covered refer to the "What is Not Covered" section of the Roadside Assistance portion of the warranty booklet.

How Long is the Lexus Roadside Assistance?

The Lexus roadside assistance program applies for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. It begins the day the vehicle is delivered to the first owner or the first day of use. The Lexus roadside assistance program is fully transferable from one Lexus owner to the next with little work needed on the previous or current owner's part. There are extended auto warranties available that will extend roadside assistance benefits past the Lexus roadside assistance program expiration.

How to Contact the Lexus Factory Roadside Assistance

To recieve roadside assistance just call 1-800-255-3987 (Option 1) and a Lexus roadside assistance service representative will help you with your needs. If you have any concerns or comments you can mail them to Lexus Customer Assistance Center P.O. Box 2991-Mail Drop L201 Torrance, CA 90509-299.
Old 07-16-15, 10:04 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

But if u have the Enform subscription it also lists Enhanced Roadside Assistance. What is it anyway?
Old 07-16-15, 11:02 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

4 years? Oh this is good to know
Old 07-16-15, 11:24 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

I thought it was 4 years with unlimited mileage...instead of 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Old 07-16-15, 12:24 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
I thought it was 4 years with unlimited mileage...instead of 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.
That is correct, the roadside assistance is for 4 years with unlimited mileage. The standard Lexus warranty is 4 years/50,000 miles.
Old 07-16-15, 12:32 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Does anyone know about AAA partnering up with Lexus and will waive ur membership fee if ur a Lexus owner?

I canceled my AAA membership when I got my GS cause I don't need to have 2 roadside assistance services but if they'll waive my membership fee then it makes sense to jump back in right?
Old 07-16-15, 12:55 PM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

Enhanced Roadside Assistance is you pressing the SOS button and they know where you're at since the vehicle telematics is enable. And send someone to help. That is free for the first year.

Standard Roadside Assistance is you calling 1-800-25-Lexus and telling them where you're at and they send someone to help. This is free for 4yr/50k.

Check out www.lexus.com/enform for more details. This is under "Safety Connect":
"Enhanced Roadside Assistance* practically eliminates the need for other roadside assistance organizations. With the added benefit of GPS technology, it makes Lexus' standard roadside service even more convenient. Whether your vehicle has run out of gas, has a flat tire, needs to be towed or requires a jump start, assistance can be sent to your vehicle's location—all at the press of the Emergency Assistance Button (SOS)."
Old 07-16-15, 01:42 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Does anyone know about AAA partnering up with Lexus and will waive ur membership fee if ur a Lexus owner?

I canceled my AAA membership when I got my GS cause I don't need to have 2 roadside assistance services but if they'll waive my membership fee then it makes sense to jump back in right?
At the request of Lexus, AAA has agreed to waive the AAA Customer Enrollment Fee for Lexus owners. That's all - just a savings from the AAA enrollment fee after your Lexus Roadside Assistance goes away after 4 years.
Old 07-16-15, 01:53 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
At the request of Lexus, AAA has agreed to waive the AAA Customer Enrollment Fee for Lexus owners. That's all - just a savings from the AAA enrollment fee after your Lexus Roadside Assistance goes away after 4 years.
Oh after 4 years? Well forget that! I'll be in another new Lexus after my lease is up. That RC is looking better every time I look at it.
Old 07-16-15, 03:21 PM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

For real? If so I think you'll like the refresh. I can't stand the interior of rc/f except the guage which may be part of the refresh.
Yeah I think 4 years unlimited. Our rx was way over 50k and it was towed free when the battery died on us.
Old 07-16-15, 08:22 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

The RC look may grow on my but when I get into my GS I still feel at home.

Quick Reply: Do we have Roadside Assistance?