GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Enform Services extension for 6 additional months

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-15, 05:22 AM
marjenmill
Intermediate

Received 143 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Enform Services extension for 6 additional months

I received this email from Lexus yesterday. Anyone else receive it? I guess I'm getting a free 6 month extension on their Enform Services due to issues they have had. This isn't something I complained about or asked for so it was a welcome surprise. This is for my 2015 GS.

Ironically, I also had to reload the Lexus Enform app on my phone earlier this week due to issues on my phone (android) that had to be reset. Not sure if this had anything to do with it, but thought I would mention it.

Edited note: Notice how the footer in the email states that the key fob remote start will not work if the car has been sitting for a week or longer.

Thank you for registering for the Lexus Enform Remote Mobile app. We apologize for any issues you may have experienced while using the new app and for any inconvenience this may have caused. As a valued guest, we are letting you know we have extended your complimentary trial of your Enform Services by six months so you can continue to enjoy all of the features of Safety Connect, Remote* and App Suite. And, if your vehicle is equipped with navigation, you will also receive an additional six months of Destinations.

If you have any questions, please contact the Lexus Customer Assistance Center at 800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm Pacific Standard Time.

Thank you for being a valued Lexus customer.

Sincerely,
Lexus Enform Customer Support

Please note, this email address is not monitored for comments. To contact the Lexus Customer Assistance Center, please call 800-255-3987 or click here. ©2014 Lexus

*Use only if aware of vehicle surroundings & it is safe & legal to do so (e.g., car uncovered in open area, no people/pets in or nearby). Remote start via key fob will not work if vehicle has not been started in over a week. Functionality depends on many factors, such as distance to vehicle & physical surroundings. See Lexus.com for precautions & limitations. Enform Remote subscription required.

Last edited by marjenmill; 07-10-15 at 05:28 AM.
Old 07-10-15, 05:52 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,206 Likes on 956 Posts

Nice to see Lexus caring about new car customers. Unfortunately for me, I'm a CPO customer, my first Lexus with Enform option and Lexus corporate declined my request for an introductory subscription . At least XM stepped up.
Old 07-10-15, 08:33 AM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm guessing Enform's subscrition percentage numbers are pretty low after the free trial.
Old 07-10-15, 09:12 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jkeller
I'm guessing Enform's subscrition percentage numbers are pretty low after the free trial.
Does that mean the usefulness of Enform is for a very limited audience? I'd like to hear your thoughts, assuming you've used it.
Old 07-10-15, 11:30 AM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Not a lot of value for the money IMO. I kept the safety connect for $140, my insurance gave a small discount for it. But the $265 Enform destinations package only added the ability to preprogram the nav with your phone or home computer and then send it to the car and push the SOS button and have an operator send destinations to your car. That pricing is for my 2014. Now starting with 2015 it also adds remote start through your phone for $350 a year.

Last edited by jkeller; 07-10-15 at 11:52 AM. Reason: correct pricing
Old 07-10-15, 11:37 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Old 07-11-15, 06:02 AM
marjenmill
Intermediate

Received 143 Likes on 63 Posts

I like the Enform Services though I don't use all of the options for it. I've only used the destinations services twice - the first time was just to see if it worked. Will I renew the Enform Services after my subscription expires? No, not at $220 and not even for half that amount. Not sure why this isn't included for free with the car in the first place especially for a $50k car. Considering I can still run Pandora, iHeartRadio and the other apps through bluetooth, why would I need the Lexus app? The only plus for the app is that I can advance through channels using the steering wheel buttons. Big deal.

Considering the limited times I use the Enform Remote start (maybe 8 times in the last 8 months), it isn't worth it either, but I still have the key fob remote start I can use.
Old 07-11-15, 07:40 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Could it be that, between the functions of Enform and the functioning of Nav, Lexus just doesn't get it? Or is the cost of developing and providing these "extras" are very expensive? Other car makers offer similar, are their costs to add Nav as expensive? Are their monthly fees as high? Look at how XM is struggling. You can get service from them for as little as $5/month. I guess I just don't understand the business model behind these options.
Old 07-11-15, 09:20 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by marjenmill
I like the Enform Services though I don't use all of the options for it. I've only used the destinations services twice - the first time was just to see if it worked. Will I renew the Enform Services after my subscription expires? No, not at $220 and not even for half that amount. Not sure why this isn't included for free with the car in the first place especially for a $50k car. Considering I can still run Pandora, iHeartRadio and the other apps through bluetooth, why would I need the Lexus app? The only plus for the app is that I can advance through channels using the steering wheel buttons. Big deal.

Considering the limited times I use the Enform Remote start (maybe 8 times in the last 8 months), it isn't worth it either, but I still have the key fob remote start I can use.
The Lexus Enform App Suite is free forever. So no need to worry about that part expiring.

The Enform services that need a subscription is Destination Assist (calls live person that inputs addresses for you), Safety Assist (SOS), eDestination (send addresses from Lexus Drivers website), and Remote (remote start, lock/unlock, car status/location, alert parameters).
Old 07-12-15, 03:17 PM
ITDude
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
The Lexus Enform App Suite is free forever. So no need to worry about that part expiring.

The Enform services that need a subscription is Destination Assist (calls live person that inputs addresses for you), Safety Assist (SOS), eDestination (send addresses from Lexus Drivers website), and Remote (remote start, lock/unlock, car status/location, alert parameters).
I really like the Enform Remote service. I just noticed yesterday the alerting stopped sending me texts and emails when the door are unlocked. The setting still show the alerts are on and I can see the status and still lock the doors remotely.

I will most like pay the $220 to renew the Remote service. That is, assuming I figure out what happened to my alerts!
Old 11-24-15, 11:41 AM
wangster79
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do previously saved eDestinations and folders as well as the ability to navigate to them remain after the free first year?
Old 11-24-15, 11:49 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wangster79
Do previously saved eDestinations and folders as well as the ability to navigate to them remain after the free first year?
They will remain on the car and you can navigate to them, but you will lose the ability to create new ones unless you renew after the trial period.
Old 11-24-15, 12:42 PM
wangster79
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
They will remain on the car and you can navigate to them, but you will lose the ability to create new ones unless you renew after the trial period.
Thank you.