GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lowered on Tanabe NF210s (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-15, 08:08 AM
jarabanos
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaPope10
I'm definitely going with these springs. And might also have to do the spacers until I get some new rims! Looks really good!
Thanks! Yea the spacers really complete the look.

Originally Posted by Bigzgs
wow looks sick.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by ohface
Looks sick great job. Love the ride on our springs don't notice any difference

Thanks! The ride quality is a bit stiffer but not in a bad way. Still very close to stock!

Attachment 366608
Originally Posted by Wakaflocka
looks great ! This is what factory should of came like.
Thanks and exactly my thoughts!
Old 07-22-15, 08:13 AM
jarabanos
Driver

After having the spacers and springs on for the last 2-3 weeks I would say my only complaint (and its really more of an inconvenience than a complaint) is that because the wheels are totally flush with the fenders, any dirt that gets swept up by the tires makes it onto the surface of my body panels instead of in the wheel wells like it did when the wheels were tucked in a little bit.

Not a huge deal but something I definitively noticed right away; especially straight out of car washes when the wheels are wet. Even if I drive 5mph I still manage to kick up dirt and dust from the street onto my paint. It's very evident on a white car!

Other than that, I really like the setup and the stance makes the factory wheels look really good.
Old 09-06-15, 12:59 PM
PDPGAUGE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome bud! i'm thinking about spacers and had a few questions. Any rubbing issues in the front when turning? also do you think you could have done 25mm in the rear? I'm most likely gonna do 15mm front and 20mm in the back, but I would love to push the rears a bit more if i could. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-08-15, 03:58 PM
jarabanos
Driver

Originally Posted by PDPGAUGE
Looks awesome bud! i'm thinking about spacers and had a few questions. Any rubbing issues in the front when turning? also do you think you could have done 25mm in the rear? I'm most likely gonna do 15mm front and 20mm in the back, but I would love to push the rears a bit more if i could. Thanks in advance!
Thanks! No rubbing while turning. I did think about doing 25 in the rear but read a couple of people experienced rubbing with this setup so I went with the safe route since I knew no rubbing was a guarantee with the 20mm. Honestly just eyeing up the clearance, I think it would have been fine to go another 5mm but I'm happy with the way it is. Good luck!
Old 10-03-15, 10:23 AM
razek
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the part # for the Tanabe NF210 just want to make sure i get the right ones.
Thanks
Old 10-03-15, 02:01 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

I love the height and stance. I've noticed sport model BMW's look that low right out of the box (without mods). Or am I wrong?

Dumb question: do you think you can still take it into a car wash? Or is it too low that it will damage the underside?
Old 10-03-15, 05:59 PM
NebulaGrey
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by islandbeef
I love the height and stance. I've noticed sport model BMW's look that low right out of the box (without mods). Or am I wrong?

Dumb question: do you think you can still take it into a car wash? Or is it too low that it will damage the underside?
My car is on rsr super downs and still makes it thru the car washes, so I am sure the tanabes can clear no problem.
Old 10-06-15, 02:05 PM
jarabanos
Driver

Originally Posted by razek
What is the part # for the Tanabe NF210 just want to make sure i get the right ones.
Thanks
TNF170 is the one you're looking for.

Originally Posted by islandbeef

Thanks! And I do agree with you that BMW and pretty much all the German brands are way better in the stance department for their vehicles.

And to answer your question, yes you can take it into a car wash. It's a very daily drive-able ride height so no worries there.

Originally Posted by NebulaGrey
My car is on rsr super downs and still makes it thru the car washes, so I am sure the tanabes can clear no problem.
Confirmed!
Old 10-07-15, 07:26 PM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

would anyone put on 20MM spacers on front? seems like we can clear a bit more in front
Old 11-03-15, 07:30 PM
jonathanz
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

without a drop, would you put 10mm in front and 15mm in rear?
Old 12-19-15, 12:21 PM
Staggered3
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jarabanos
Thanks! No rubbing while turning. I did think about doing 25 in the rear but read a couple of people experienced rubbing with this setup so I went with the safe route since I knew no rubbing was a guarantee with the 20mm. Honestly just eyeing up the clearance, I think it would have been fine to go another 5mm but I'm happy with the way it is. Good luck!
Appreciate this thread, decided on the Tanabe due to your info...
Old 12-27-15, 08:26 PM
MaticsGS84
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need some help guys. I bought NF210 lowering springs, and my car still sits higher in the front. From all the pics I've seen after install they all look nose heavy.. Is there a possibility that the installer put the front springs in the back and vise versa? I'm very disappointed at this point. Any info would help.
Old 12-27-15, 09:01 PM
fluxx
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default shock replacements?

Has anyone had to replace their stock shocks since being lowered?

How many miles did you out get on the stock shocks while being lowered

Costs on new oem shocks for the gs350 fpsort.

I had an IS250 lowered on fsport Springs with fpsort shocks, but only got about 45 miles before they need replacements.

Worried to lower it again on just Springs and don't want to lose the dampening on the sport models.

Thanks

Last edited by fluxx; 12-27-15 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-28-15, 10:40 AM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have 14k on my 2014. Had them installed at right after I got the car new in March 2014. No issues to report yet. I tend to drive this car pretty aggressive on corners but very cautious with speed bumps.

Originally Posted by fluxx
Has anyone had to replace their stock shocks since being lowered?

How many miles did you out get on the stock shocks while being lowered

Costs on new oem shocks for the gs350 fpsort.

I had an IS250 lowered on fsport Springs with fpsort shocks, but only got about 45 miles before they need replacements.

Worried to lower it again on just Springs and don't want to lose the dampening on the sport models.

Thanks
Old 12-28-15, 10:44 AM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I didn't notice that issue with mine that's RWD. It did take about 2 weeks to fully settle in. I chose not to drive the car for this period of time and got it aligned after the 2 weeks were up. After the 3rd or 4th day I did notice a big difference of it settling in. My advice is to wait a week and see how it looks then. Is yours AWD or RWD? Not sure if these springs were made for both.

Originally Posted by MaticsGS84
Need some help guys. I bought NF210 lowering springs, and my car still sits higher in the front. From all the pics I've seen after install they all look nose heavy.. Is there a possibility that the installer put the front springs in the back and vise versa? I'm very disappointed at this point. Any info would help.

Quick Reply: Lowered on Tanabe NF210s (Pics)